Telomeres (and new Anti-Aging Forum)

READ FIRST

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Telomeres (and new Anti-Aging Forum)

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:11 am

As first announced in the Telomere Timebomb topic, we have formed a new company, Immortal Cell Sciences to market telomere elongation products, supported by scientifically validated anti-aging nutrients that will be delivered through Emek Blair's proprietary liposomes. Our first patent should be filed today. In order to consolidate the information on our new effort to extend the human life span, we will likely create a new forum.

For now, the existing posts related to telomere elongation and human telomerase are

Telomere Timebombs (Discussion of Ed Park's book)
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11526

Desperately Seeking Susan (Request for study volunteers)
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11653

Why No Glucose Reading after Lypo-C? (In depth discussion of the science of liposomes)
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11219

Dr. Sears is Becoming one of my Heros
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11644

2009 Nobel Prize in Medicine or Physiology
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2009/popular-medicineprize2009.pdf

Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Telomeres (and new Anti-Aging Forum)

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:20 am

Seeking input for our first study group - a pilot study to help us evaluate whether a TA activator encapsulated in liposomes is more effective than today's pills. We will produce a questionaire that will help us access benefits that may not be measured by the telomere length blood tests.

Here are some things I have noticed being on the pill form of a TA-activator.

1. I require less sleep. (My wife an I go to bed early, and we used to easily sleep 10 hours, sometimes more.) These days, after 7.5 or 8 hours, I am up and raring to go. Mind active.)

2. Vivid dreaming (Just as reported in Ed Park's book).

Some things I am hoping the liposomal TA activator will help with, in addition to all the existing benefits I enjoy from my high vitamin C intake.

1. My hair is all grey. (Or is that gray?) Anyway, if coloring returns as Ed Park reports happens to some people as stem cells in their hair follicles are rejuvenated, this will be a clear and obvious indication that the product is effective.

2. Gland rejuvenation. My pancreas is damaged (to the extent that after a fall down cement stairs during an ice storm, it is now in two pieces and I require insulin). If I require less insulin to keep my blood sugar in check, that would be another positive objective measurement.

On the same order, my adrenal output of cortisol is "insufficient" and must be supplemented. If my adrenal glands are rejuventated, I would potentially be able to tell by slowly reducing my hydrocortisone and feeling whether that triggers inflammation, particularly in my fingers and joints.

3. Sex Drive/Libido. Lets just say that I am anxious to find out what happens :D

If others have any ideas for items (questions) we should include on our study questionnaire, we would appreciate it.

I just received the following email (that I fear may only be an Internet rumor) but we will try to track it down.

Funny you mentioned telomere lengthening. I read about that a few years ago and a guy who was cycling between garlic and tumeric (I think) and in 1 year his telomeres lengthened 7 years.
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

blade
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by blade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:32 am

ofonorow wrote:
Funny you mentioned telomere lengthening. I read about that a few years ago and a guy who was cycling between garlic and tumeric (I think) and in 1 year his telomeres lengthened 7 years.

This is good...I take tumeric, and I take a lot of garlic, I just eat the cloves..I do wonder why garlic/tumeric would do anything to telomeres.... I'm interested in learning more.
Im very interested in blood harvesting to get more protein gdf-11 into my body?>

http://hsci.harvard.edu/news/functionin ... de-younger
get vitamin C every few hours vitamin C is water soluable and needed by the body constantly
best summary
http://nutritionreview.org/2013/04/collagen-connection/

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:43 am

These are pointers to two important new topics in our new life extension forum:

TrifecTA Liposomal Activator Study Begins
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11815&p=39189#p39189

Error in Telomere Measurement (email from Bill Andrews)
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11818

The first link to the study includes my wife and my first (baseline) Life Length telomere test results and a discussion.

The second link by Bill Andrews is a must read about Telomere Length measurements.

We are not making a product announcement about our new liposomal TrifecTA product, at least until after preliminary follow-on testing confirms what we believe - that our product contains the same molecule as TA-65. However, it was expensive to develop and we are making it available to brave souls early who are willing to take the chance that we are betting on: https://inteligentvitaminc.com//cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by gofanu » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:30 am

Owen-
Things to consider, ref post 2
Maybe a few monkey wrenches here, sorry.

"Here are some things I have noticed since I got my nutrition near current 2007, plus glitches 2009 when I put the I/Se way up.

1. I require less sleep. Always a night person. midnight to 4am best. Now, I seem to never get to sleep until 6am or later. It was and is hard to interact with the normal world! I slept 16+hr/d and could not stay awake two hr straight, after I stopped my life threatening trucking career, 1990. After a year I got to around ten hr as normal. That stayed the need, though all too often not the achievement. When I raised Mg from 250 to 750mg/d in 2007, sleep dropped to 8hr. Adding iodine 25mg/d dropped it to 5hr 15min, exactly, self wakening. I can go back to sleep for another 1 1/2 hr, but do so only if it is really cold or pouring rain, etc.
Mind? Well, all the stuff I write here is straight out of my head, and I do the same in another completely unrelated realm, or two, maybe three.

2. Vivid dreaming - I have rarely had remembered dreams, and that has not changed through all of this. The few I do have are very vivid though.

"Some things I am hoping the liposomal TA activator will help with, in addition to all the existing benefits I enjoy from my high vitamin C intake."

"1. My hair is all grey." My hair/beard was dead white from 1995, I was in another very high stress situation. Stayed that way until the 2009 iodine/Se jump, when colour returned. Dark in beard, the blond of my childhood on head, grey throughout.

"2. Gland rejuvenation." Skin/hair is properly oiled, not too much, not too little. Hair loss dropped from lifetime normal by 90% when I added iodine at around 25mg/d. Same for dog, cats, people. This was noticeable-obvious in two days from start. Salivary glands work as never in my life.
Lacrimal glands too. Mucosa are all notably wetter, have to blow nose a little bit often, but it never gets clogged up. Sort of like a healthy dog!

"On the same order, my adrenal output of cortisol is "insufficient" and must be supplemented. If my adrenal glands are rejuventated, I would potentially be able to tell by slowly reducing my hydrocortisone and feeling whether that triggers inflammation, particularly in my fingers and joints."
I have no pain, inflammation, or other sign of low adrenal/cortisone/cortisol since 2001, when I figured out the AA/Magnesium/calcium/panto pain treatment. Any change to this with iodine/selenium was slight but for the better. I can now go 48hr without sleep, working hard, and a 5:15 sleep leaves me feeling normal. I used to do that and it took several lazy days to recover.

"3. Sex Drive/Libido." Lets just say that I have more than I have anything to do with it - as high or higher than anytime in my life.

"If others have any ideas for items (questions) we should include on our study questionnaire, we would appreciate it."
I think you need to include these nutritional items in any such investigations.
Good luck with this interesting experiment, though I see it as possibly repairing that which need not be broken.
One thing I have learned in my other life - Maintenance is cheaper and better than repair.

FRM

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by gofanu » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:38 am

Double post - computer f-up, sorry!

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS”