Shortness of breath - New Cortisol Discussion

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Shortness of breath - New Cortisol Discussion

Post by ofonorow » Fri May 03, 2013 11:09 am

randian wrote:
ofonorow wrote:I believe it is probably the primary function, although low cortisol may manifest in multiple adverse ways.

Cortisol affects sleep/wake cycles. If your cortisol is low in the morning, you will not wake with energy and vigor like you should. If you have an inverted cortisol curve (low in the morning, high in the evening) you will have difficulty sleeping, and have more energy in the evening than the morning (the opposite of what should happen).

Perhaps. The interesting thing to me is the day your body stops making any cortisol is the last day you will be alive.

So we all make some.

According to Dr. T. Pinkus, cortisol is notoriously hard to measure (and his description reminded my of trying to measure Thyroid hormones).

For me, determining whether a shortage exists is as simple as feeling pain in my joints, especially fingers.

And yes the amount measured during the day follows a certain rhythm, almost opposite to the release of melatonin. Cortisol is low in the morning, increasing during waking hours until a peak around noon.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Fri May 03, 2013 2:17 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sat May 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

randian

Post by randian » Sat May 04, 2013 3:12 pm

ofonorow wrote:Lets assume this is proven. That lazy adrenals cannot immediately make up for discontinued cortisol supplementation. I say, then don't stop supplementation!

You certainly shouldn't stop supplementation cold-turkey. A slow weaning is better, if you want to see if your adrenals have "rested" and are ready to take up their regular burden.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 pm

research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sun May 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Sun May 05, 2013 3:02 pm

What seems to be getting lost is this discussion is that the body can and does loose the ability to make "enough" cortisol, just like the other hormones. When this happens and cortisol is in too short a supply, all sorts of inflammatory ailments begin!

All these High Priced Studies and Articles are incorrect then because of a single book???
Ever hear the saying? Only believe 10% of what you read so you would have to read 10 books to be a believer if they say the same thing. 50% of what you experience so you would have to do it twice and get the same results and if it made you feel good. SOMETHINGS WRONG!

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 004000.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2791527/

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/89/1/281.full

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11403980

Production levels of cortisol in humans

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/83 ... ull#sec-10

http://www.coreonehealth.com/cortisol-a ... importance
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Mon May 06, 2013 9:52 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Mon May 06, 2013 11:52 am

research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue May 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Wed May 08, 2013 10:39 am

research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu May 09, 2013 10:53 am

Oopps sorry. Now even I am confused!?

Lest summarize where we think we are so far. The medical viewpoint, as exposed by your sir, is that any additional cortisol added exogenously for long periods is bad, or potentially bad.

We both agree that cortisol above and beyond what the body requires to deal with pain is bad.

There are tons of studies and reports about the evils of elevated cortisol.

So my question is whether medicine believes there is a any safe range at all?

I think we can both agree that zero cortisol would be bad. (A person without cortisol would have difficulty living more than 24 hours. This from personal experience.)

Science has identified the normal range of cortisol secretion. That study you cited came very close to what Pincus told me is the known or accepted daily output. Between 8 and 11 mg (in units of oral prednisone).

We agree that any sustained supplementation of more than 11 mg of prednisone is "bad".

If so, then the argument is only regarding a supplemental dosage between 1 mg and 7 mg of prednizone.

I agree that a dosage closer to 1 mg daily is safer than a dosage closer to 7 mg daily.

What I learned from Jefferies is that taking 4 mg does not raise the adrenal secretion above what the brain is requesting. You apparently disagree, and this should be what we are looking for in the science. If the output of a healthy adrenal gland would be 11 mg, Jefferies says taking 4 mg, the adrenal output is then only 7 mg. Because of the hormones released by the brain that control the release of cortisol are reduced as more cortisol circulates in the blood.

Your arguments imply to me that you believe the total cortisol in the body would be 11 mg + the 4 or 15 mg.

I am also trying to make the point that cortisol's primary function is in reducing pain, by reducing inflammation. I have not read, but I think I have discovered that without cortisol, tissues inflame, so low levels of cortisol creates pain and inflammation, which has been called autoimmune diseases and/or disorders. The body apparently attacking itself for no reason.

The reason is hidden by medicines prejudice and bias against cortisol. It apparently never enters a doctors mind that chronic pain, esp. Rheumatoid Arthritis, is caused by deficient levels of cortisol!

And that safe dosages are known, (but apparently not by medical doctors these days), supplemental dosages that can be lowered as the adrenal gland's ability to produce cortisol on their own increases.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Fri May 10, 2013 11:44 am

research!

w6nrw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by w6nrw » Fri May 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Absolutely beautiful!
Curiosity cures boredom, there aint no cure for curiosity . . .

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Tue May 14, 2013 9:59 am

Heres a few links to read on the subject.
The first one needs a medscape log in. Join it's free and they e-mail links to you on a subject that intrests the individual.
https://login.medscape.com/login/sso/ge ... DQ5&ac=401

This one is open.
http://thehealthscience.com/wiki/Cortic ... g-Globulin

This is about Cortisols Brother. Just like any other brothers their always Fighting each other.

http://www.encognitive.com/node/12840
research!

Return to “Archive”