New Cortisol Discussion - DIgression to Blood Sugar (split)

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

kohlrabicroce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New Cortisol Discussion - DIgression to Blood Sugar (split)

Post Number:#1  Post by kohlrabicroce » Wed May 22, 2013 7:35 am

I tried to split the posts that were not related to cortisol, as much as blood sugar... from http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10783

Johnwen wrote:Posted the above late I see two more posts were added.
I see you hit 400 not good but does happen.
You need to get a A1C test to get a overveiw of whats been going on over the last few months and see if this spike is a common thing or a fluke.
If your over 150 in the am get a hold of your doc.

If his blood glucose is over 110 in the morning, then it's a problem.
That is taken first thing before eating.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Shortness of breath - New Cortisol Discussion

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Wed May 22, 2013 10:40 am

An this based on how many years of Clinical Experience by you???
In August of this year I'll have 35 years in case you want to throw this question back at me.

If you read owens prior posts you'll see he's a constant 100-120 producer therefore a 20-25% increase in fasting glucose would indicate a problem.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

kohlrabicroce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by kohlrabicroce » Wed May 22, 2013 11:21 am

Johnwen wrote:

An this based on how many years of Clinical Experience by you???
In August of this year I'll have 35 years in case you want to throw this question back at me.

If you read owens prior posts you'll see he's a constant 100-120 producer therefore a 20-25% increase in fasting glucose would indicate a problem.

Oh since your going to get all "ego" on me, here you go:

American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Medical Guidelines for Developing a Diabetes Mellitus Comprehensive Care Plan - © 2011

https://www.aace.com/publications/guidelines

See page 7 with Table 5 - Glucose Testing and Interpretation.

That is even more strict than what I said. That is , less than or equal to
99 mg /dl for the fasting plasma glucose is normal. 100 to 125
is impaired.

But I guess you know more than those pesky endocrinologists, eh?

The AACE is an organization that keeps the endocrinologisst informed.

Are you an endocrinologist?

kohlrabicroce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by kohlrabicroce » Wed May 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Johnwen wrote:
You still haven't answered my question and you come back with some other questions? Then make derogatory comments to top it off and then expect someone to listen to you!
Good luck with that!!
Any body can read all these different studies and not support them with actual experience. As I said before and will say again. Everybody is different and every day is different. Each patient has to be elvaluated on their own conditions and not what a list tells you it should be. This only comes with experience in dealing with these problems.

Yeah? I learned it from you! You still haven't answered my question about how it works
when a small dose of cortisol is given to a person who is not making as much as
their body needs. Very skillful deflection!

Ok, so you will forgo the standards of an official organization in order to give
a non-personalized and informal recommendation over the internet which
nobody should take too seriously????

Good luck with that too!

PS: would you be willing to sign a statement, addressed to Owen, that
his health will be fine even if his fasting blood glucose goes as high as 150,
on a regular basis, and that he does not have to bother to try get that
number down? I bet you wouldn't! heh.

This is a good way to get a doctor to put up or shut up: ask them
if they will put it in writing, and sign it. Oh the malpratice possibilities....

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Wed May 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Owen
Are we going to continue with a continuity type discussion or am I going to be continually viscerally attacked by a person who wants to take this discussion to a fighting challenge.
It is obvious to me that this person has been ejected from other forum based sites. Due to the fact that the copy and paste of a persons prior posts before making a tunicate statement is common on other sites that have minimum word count posting limits. Which is not how your site operates and is an unnecessary use of band width and avoids repeating posting’s over and over.
Then the use of, “feeders” these are disguised as questions and when answered the responder’s response is disputed and criticized, which will then begin a downward spiral of back and forth personal attacks till the topic dies in the process. I’ve seeded him on other topics and this one and have been met with the expected results. He falls exactly in the profile.
Therefore it’s obvious he has been on other sites and with his attitude and not following the continuity of the subject at hand it shows very well that he has much experience in this type of attacks.
You as the proprietor of this site should take action to curtail these type of shenanigans before they escalate to a knock down drag out type of an affair.
Of course if you want to condone this type posting I will be more then happy to oblige and we can then change the rating of the site to XX. Where vitamin C will be but a memory and blood and guts will be a way of life.
I’ll await your response. But my fingers are ready to blast.
research!

kohlrabicroce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by kohlrabicroce » Wed May 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Johnwen wrote:Owen
Are we going to continue with a continuity type discussion or am I going to be continually viscerally attacked by a person who wants to take this discussion to a fighting challenge.
It is obvious to me that this person has been ejected from other forum based sites. Due to the fact that the copy and paste of a persons prior posts before making a tunicate statement is common on other sites that have minimum word count posting limits. Which is not how your site operates and is an unnecessary use of band width and avoids repeating posting’s over and over.
Then the use of, “feeders” these are disguised as questions and when answered the responder’s response is disputed and criticized, which will then begin a downward spiral of back and forth personal attacks till the topic dies in the process. I’ve seeded him on other topics and this one and have been met with the expected results. He falls exactly in the profile.
Therefore it’s obvious he has been on other sites and with his attitude and not following the continuity of the subject at hand it shows very well that he has much experience in this type of attacks.
You as the proprietor of this site should take action to curtail these type of shenanigans before they escalate to a knock down drag out type of an affair.
Of course if you want to condone this type posting I will be more then happy to oblige and we can then change the rating of the site to XX. Where vitamin C will be but a memory and blood and guts will be a way of life.
I’ll await your response. But my fingers are ready to blast.

Johnwen, where have you actually answered my questions? I just pointed out that I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about how it works out when supplemental cortisol is given to a patient whose body is not making enough,
and your response is once again not to answer that question but to complain that I am merely baiting you, and invoke
Owen's authority.

Look, I have a problem with people who give other diabetics and /or potential diabetics bad information.
That is where I'm coming from. It's not some ulterior motive over you personally.

I understand that you are a well established personage on this forum, and that you are very involved with it.
But if you are such a hotshot doctor, you should be able to back up the things you've said to me better.

You have also now openly admitted to taunting me on purpose. You are extremely unprofessional, in my opinion.

Owen doesn't have to do anything. It's obvious to me that you are a person who values his own authority
over anything else, even helping people. Don't worry, you don't have to get into a knock down drag out
fight with me and threaten Owen with the prospect of a XXX rated site, because I am just going to simply add
you as the only person on my foes list here. Simple, problem solved.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: New Cortisol Discussion - DIgression to Blood Sugar (spl

Post Number:#7  Post by Johnwen » Thu May 23, 2013 9:58 am

Information is not knowledge.
Albert Einstein

Other then being a IDIOT, what else can you say about yourself to try to make you something your not?

Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.
Plato
research!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by Johnwen » Thu May 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Johnwen, where have you actually answered my questions? I just pointed out that I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about how it works out when supplemental cortisol is given to a patient whose body is not making enough,
and your response is once again not to answer that question but to complain that I am merely baiting you, and invoke Owen's authority.

Your derogatory comments that were attached and making unsubstantiated and unfounded responses on this item led me to ignore your ignorance on the subject at hand.
I didn’t invoke Owen’s authority It was a request to either get involved with a trouble maker or I will address it myself. Which is another twisting of the facts that you are so good at. So since he moved all your derogatory and judgmental comments over to another thread it was a matter of “Go for it,” on his part. So I will proceed to dissect your lack of discretions as I see fit!

Look, I have a problem with people who give other diabetics and /or potential diabetics bad information.
That is where I'm coming from. It's not some ulterior motive over you personally.

This is another example of a judgmental statement made by a person who has no clinical experience and does not have the capabilities or authority to either threat or diagnose a condition such as diabetes and is trying to say to one who does, that they are lacking in knowledge because of something he got from the internet.
The quote I placed on the above form Albert Einstein, Kind of says it all about that. “Information is NOT knowledge!”

I understand that you are a well established personage on this forum, and that you are very involved with it.
But if you are such a hotshot doctor, you should be able to back up the things you've said to me better.

Another antagonistic Comment! Why would I have to explain anything to you in the first place if you got a problem with something I say. “Prove it wrong!” The burden of the proof is always on the accuser. That’s you, in case your wondering! You’re the one saying I’m wrong! Prove otherwise or shut up and learn!

You have also now openly admitted to taunting me on purpose. You are extremely unprofessional, in my opinion.

This another degrading and judgmental insinuation. Not taunting I was confirming that your misleading and misconstrued questions were in fact antagonism to incite a personal reaction. As a experienced professor I have become pretty good at spotting real concerning questions and those that are taken out of context to incite a response. Then followed by a dismissive and intimidating comment. “Which you do quite often!” Which are Not real questions but incitements intended to disrupt others. Personally and others agree that they, we and me don’t give a dam what your opinion is anyway!

Owen doesn't have to do anything. It's obvious to me that you are a person who values his own authority
over anything else, even helping people. Don't worry, you don't have to get into a knock down drag out
fight with me and threaten Owen with the prospect of a XXX rated site, because I am just going to simply add
you as the only person on my foes list here. Simple, problem solved.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in china? Same thing, Who cares who’s on your Foes list anyway you haven’t posted anything worth while anyway and I don’t see anything in the future. Like the post you started about V-C and glucose that subject was covered very thoroughly. Back in December of 2012 with the use of a glucose meter.
But I guess you haven’t learned how to read prior articles. It obvious to me that your not at this forum to learn but only to antagonize and demoralize for what ever your under handed reasons are and trying to disrupt what is being done here!
Your probably a plant from some Drug Company trying to knock this website down, time will tell. If you are it would nice if they sent someone who can’t be called out as easy as you!
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 24, 2013 7:36 am

I do have a question. Johnwen, how is Type I diabetes diagnosed?

Also, I went to Life Extension - and the only saliva panel is a female hormone test? There are several male hormone panels, but unsure what you want me to look for. Only the "weight loss" panel includes insulin. None include cortisol. Pointer to the test you have in mind appreciated. Thx
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by Johnwen » Fri May 24, 2013 10:12 am

TYPE-1:
Blood test! C-peptide assay, insulin, glucose
Found a pretty good explanation on labs on line.
There's a RELATED ISSUES: Thing that will take you to the other tests.
Heres the link.

http://labtestsonline.org/understanding ... e/tab/test

SALIVA TEST:
I believe this is a one period test but for the price it'll give you a starting point.

You need:
Progesterone, Testosterone, DHEA, Cortisol, Androstenedione

Heres the link click on the name on the top of the saliva test and will take you to the explaination. "Saliva Hormone Profile Test"

http://www.healthyhormones.com/products.htm

Your choice LEF or Healthy Hormones.
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 29, 2013 8:05 am

I ordered the saliva test and will also have an LEF hormone blood panel as well because I have an appointment with my "cortisol" doc soon.

I am down to 2 mg cortisol and have stopped everything else (for example, my oral DHEA) and will wait a week to let my body adjust/clear before having the testing.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Argh! I went to this page - http://www.healthyhormones.com/products.htm
Ordered the Saliva test - upper right - $79 - thinking was getting 8 hormones.

NOthing in the process told me - until the lab received my saliva - that I was limited to 2 hormones of my choice!?

What two should I have gotten?

For another $139 I could have gotten the full cortisol... $35 extra per hormone.. sigh
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:17 pm

hookay - haven't studied this - blood hormone test results..hard to cut/paste PDF..

Name:
LIFE EXTENSION / NATIONAL DIAGNOSTICS, INC
FINAL REPORT
6/20/2013 11:32:39 AM
*70269862*
LDH 169 IU/L 0-225 CB
Alkaline Phosphatase, S 74 IU/L 25-150 CB
Bilirubin, Total 1.1 mg/dL 0.0-1.2 CB
A/G Ratio 1.5 1.1-2.5 CB
Globulin, Total 2.6 g/dL 1.5-4.5 CB
Albumin, Serum 4.0 g/dL 3.5-5.5 CB
Protein, Total, Serum 6.6 g/dL 6.0-8.5 CB
Phosphorus, Serum 3.1 mg/dL 2.5-4.5 CB
Calcium, Serum 8.8 mg/dL 8.7-10.2 CB
**Please note reference interval change**
Carbon Dioxide, Total 20 mmol/L 20-32 CB
Chloride, Serum 106 mmol/L 97-108 CB
Potassium, Serum 4.4 mmol/L 3.5-5.2 CB
Sodium, Serum 140 mmol/L 134-144 CB
BUN/Creatinine Ratio 18 9-20 CB
eGFR If Africn Am 94 mL/min/1.73 >59 CB
eGFR If NonAfricn Am 81 mL/min/1.73 >59 CB
Creatinine, Serum 1.01 mg/dL 0.76-1.27 CB
BUN 18 mg/dL 6-24 CB
Uric Acid, Serum 6.7 mg/dL 3.7-8.6 CB
Glucose, Serum 176 High mg/dL 65-99 CB
CMP14+LP+4AC+CBC/D/Plt 164-305-1044-0
FONOROW, OWEN - ID#: 319674
Tests Result Flag Units Reference Interval Lab
OWEN FONOROW 319674USPS First-Class 74488778OWEN FONOROW 70269862OWEN FONOROW
Address Account Address
01/02/1954 59 M Yes Wolff E 1346232089
CMP14+LP+4AC+CBC/D/Plt; PSA Total+% Free (Serial); FSH and LH; Testosterone,Free and Total; Pregnenolone,

Class 74488778OWEN FONOROW 70269862OWEN FONOROW
Address Account Address

CMP14+LP+4AC+CBC/D/Plt; PSA Total+% Free (Serial); FSH and LH; Testosterone,Free and Total; Pregnenolone, MS; Dihydrotestosterone; Thyroxine (T4)
Tests Ordered
5990 NORTH FEDERAL HIGHWAY, FT. LAUDERDALE, FL 33308
FONOROW 319674 164-305-1044-0 6/13/2013 8:36 AM 6/13/2013 6/20/2013 6:08 AM
Last Name Lab ID Specimen Number Time Collected Date Entered Time Reported
LAB RESULTS
Date of Birth Age Sex Fasting Physician Name Physician ID

First Name Middle Initial Phone Control Number Account Number Account Phone Number
This document contains private and confidential health information protected
by state and federal law. If you have received this document in error, please
call 800-208-3444.
FINAL REPORT
Monocytes(Absolute) 0.3 x10E3/uL 0.1-1.0 CB
Lymphs (Absolute) 1.4 x10E3/uL 0.7-4.5 CB
Neutrophils (Absolute) 2.6 x10E3/uL 1.8-7.8 CB
Immature Cells CB
Basos 0 % 0-3 CB
Eos 2 % 0-7 CB
Monocytes 8 % 4-13 CB
Lymphs 33 % 14-46 CB
Neutrophils 57 % 40-74 CB
Unable to perform an accurate platelet count due to aggregation of
the platelets.
Platelets TNP x10E3/uL CB
RDW 16.3 High % 12.3-15.4 CB
MCHC 36.8 High g/dL 31.5-35.7 CB
MCH 29.8 pg 26.6-33.0 CB
MCV 81 fL 79-97 CB
Hematocrit 36.1 Low % 37.5-51.0 CB
Hemoglobin 13.3 g/dL 12.6-17.7 CB
Red blood cells appear slightly agglutinated
RBC 4.46 x10E6/uL 4.14-5.80 CB
WBC 4.4 x10E3/uL 4.0-10.5 CB
Avg.Risk 5.0 4.4
2X Avg.Risk 9.6 7.1
1/2 Avg.Risk 3.4 3.3
T. Chol/HDL Ratio
Men Women
3X Avg.Risk 23.4 11.0
diabetes, severe obesity, and family history of premature
CHD.
factors affect CHD Risk such as hypertension, smoking,
The CHD Risk is based on the T. Chol/HDL ratio. Other
Estimated CHD Risk 0.9 times avg. 0.0-1.0 CB
T. Chol/HDL Ratio 4.7 ratio units 0.0-5.0 CB
Comment: CB
LDL Cholesterol Calc 95 mg/dL 0-99 CB
VLDL Cholesterol Cal 22 mg/dL 5-40 CB
According to ATP-III Guidelines, HDL-C >59 mg/dL is considered a
negative risk factor for CHD.
HDL Cholesterol 32 Low mg/dL >39 CB
Triglycerides 112 mg/dL 0-149 CB
Cholesterol, Total 149 mg/dL 100-199 CB
Iron, Serum 59 ug/dL 40-155 CB
ALT (SGPT) 38 IU/L 0-44 CB
AST (SGOT) 19 IU/L 0-40 CB
call 800-208-3444.
FINAL REPORT
Reference Range:
Adults: <151
Pregnenolone, MS 16 ng/dL ES
Pregnenolone, MS 164-305-1044-0
Free Testosterone(Direct) 3.1 Low pg/mL 7.2-24.0 BN
Testosterone, Serum 124 Low ng/dL 348-1197 CB
Testosterone,Free and Total 164-305-1044-0
FSH 3.8 mIU/mL 1.5-12.4 CB
LH 0.6 Low mIU/mL 1.7-8.6 CB
FSH and LH 164-305-1044-0
% Free PSA 50-64 yr 65-75 yr
0.00-10.00% 56% 55%
10.01-15.00% 24% 35%
279:1542).
The table below lists the probability of prostate cancer for
men with non-suspicious DRE results and total PSA between
4 and 10 ng/mL, by patient age (Catalona et al, JAMA 1998,
recommendations regarding the use of
percent free PSA for any other population
of men.
Please note: Catalona et al did not make specific
15.01-20.00% 17% 23%
20.01-25.00% 10% 20%
>25.00% 5% 9%
% Free PSA 9.4 % CB
Roche ECLIA methodology.
PSA, Free 0.32 ng/mL N/A CB
decrease and remain at undetectable levels after radical
prostatectomy. The AUA defines biochemical recurrence as an initial
According to the American Urological Association, Serum PSA should
Roche ECLIA methodology.
interchangeably. Results cannot be interpreted as absolute evidence
of the presence or absence of malignant disease.
Values obtained with different assay methods or kits cannot be used
PSA value 0.2 ng/mL or greater followed by a subsequent confirmatory
PSA value 0.2 ng/mL or greater.
Prostate Specific Ag, Serum 3.4 ng/mL 0.0-4.0 CB
PSA Total+% Free (Serial) 164-305-1044-0
Verified by microscopic examination.
Hematology Comments: Note: CB
NRBC CB
Immature Grans (Abs) 0.0 x10E3/uL 0.0-0.1 CB
Immature Granulocytes 0 % 0-2 CB
Baso (Absolute) 0.0 x10E3/uL 0.0-0.2 CB
Eos (Absolute) 0.1 x10E3/uL 0.0-0.4 CB
call 800-208-3444.
FINAL REPORT
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 18.8 Low nmol/L 19.3-76.4 CB

Seemed to miss some tests first time
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 164-305-1044-0
Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum 3.6 pg/mL 2.0-4.4 CB
Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum 164-305-1044-0
Estrogens, Total 55 pg/mL 40-115 BN
Estrogens, Total 164-305-1044-0
Progesterone 0.2 ng/mL 0.2-1.4 CB
Progesterone 164-305-1044-0
IGF-BP3 4.8 mg/L 3.4-6.9 BN
IGF-BP3 164-305-1044-0
Coenzyme Q10, Total 0.99 ug/mL 0.37-2.20 BN
Coenzyme Q10, Total 164-305-1044-0
The Endocrine Society went on to further define vitamin D
insufficiency as a level between 21 and 29 ng/mL (2).
1. IOM (Institute of Medicine). 2010. Dietary reference
Vitamin D deficiency has been defined by the Institute of
Medicine and an Endocrine Society practice guideline as a
level of serum 25-OH vitamin D less than 20 ng/mL (1,2).
Evaluation, treatment, and prevention of vitamin D
deficiency: an Endocrine Society clinical practice
guideline. JCEM. 2011 Jul; 96(7):1911-30.
intakes for calcium and D. Washington DC: The
National Academies Press.
2. Holick MF, Binkley NC, Bischoff-Ferrari HA, et al.
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 49.3 ng/mL 30.0-100.0 CB
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 164-305-1044-0
Reverse T3, Serum 15.0 ng/dL 9.2-24.1 BN
Reverse T3, Serum 164-305-1044-0
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I 128 ng/mL 51-194 BN
IGF-1 164-305-1044-0
Roche ECLIA methodology
Estradiol 25.3 pg/mL 7.6-42.6 CB
Estradiol 164-305-1044-0
TSH 2.390 uIU/mL 0.450-4.500 CB
TSH 164-305-1044-0
DHEA-Sulfate 69.5 ug/dL 51.7-295.0 CB
DHEA-Sulfate 164-305-1044-0
T4,Free(Direct) 1.28 ng/dL 0.82-1.77 CB
Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S 164-305-1044-0
Reference Range:
Adult Male: 30 - 85
Dihydrotestosterone 13 Low ng/dL ES
Dihydrotestosterone 164-305-1044-0
Tests Result Flag
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by Johnwen » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:25 pm

1.) This first off threw a yellow flag!
Calcium, Serum 8.8 mg/dL 8.7-10.2 CB
9.2 to 9.6 is the normal range on this. Good Luck if your at either lab limit.
This could be caused by as a complication of pancreatitis or it could be caused by an initial stage of Rhabdomyolysis see below on cholesterol.

2.) We knew about this one but now were starting to see it’s effects.
Glucose, Serum 176 High mg/dL 65-99 CB

3.) This shows me your slightly anemic but that is not a surprise since V-C is known to mobilize iron into the cells and we do take V-c Don’t we?
A little more Iron supp. Would be a good idea.
RDW 16.3 High % 12.3-15.4 CB
MCHC 36.8 High g/dL 31.5-35.7 CB
MCH 29.8 pg 26.6-33.0 CB
MCV 81 fL 79-97 CB
Hematocrit 36.1 Low % 37.5-51.0 CB
Iron, Serum 59 ug/dL 40-155 CB On the Low side would like to see >75ug/dL

4.) This usually indicates too much sugar in the blood and is also a indicator that your liver is starting to have problems with all the sugar it has to deal with. They use to think it was a rise in insulin that caused it but that has been disproved with more detail research. So this indicates your liver is getting beat up by the high sugar and is sending SOS signals out.

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 18.8 Low nmol/L 19.3-76.4 CB

5.) Your thyroid panel shows your thyroid is functioning to perfection.
All your test are right down the middle of the range. Don’t mess with this guy he’s doing his job!!

6.) These don’t surprise me. Because of what follows in #7!
Progesterone 0.2 ng/mL 0.2-1.4 CB
Dihydrotestosterone 13 Low ng/dL ES
Free Testosterone(Direct) 3.1 Low pg/mL 7.2-24.0 BN
Testosterone, Serum 124 Low ng/dL 348-1197 CB

7.) When I see figures like these I think no wonder his muscles hurt, bet his urine looks like watered down coffee too! If your taking anything be it red yeast rice or statins or any other cholesterol lowering herb or whatever, it needs to be stopped NOW! If your not it’s another symptom of the liver taking a hit from the sugar. Check all your supps. For manganese you want to be taking at least 2.5Mg per day min. If not get some but don’t take over 10mg a day!

Cholesterol, Total 149 mg/dL 100-199 CB
HDL Cholesterol 32 Low mg/dL >39 CB

8.) Summary:

At first glance things don’t look all to bad especially the way it’s presented but once you start putting it in proper order it takes on a different look. I had to copy and paste it on my word processor then arrange it in categorical order to get a clear picture.
The thing I’m seeing most is your high sugar levels are starting to take their toll on your system. All differences a side you need to get this under control be it insulin, getting off the cortisol or whatever your doc recommends that needs to be done.
Some things that may help at this point are the manganese I mentioned before and getting some natural progesterone cream this may help hold things up, till you get the rest in align. It’s about $10 for 2 oz. jar which should last about a month it would take a while, as much as 3 months to bring things in line. Then you just stop! A lot of docs will just say Oh you got Low-t, Rub this under your arm pit and you’ll be OK! But from what I’m seeing it goes a lot deeper then that. It’s going to take more then just a t-supp. That’s why my recommendations for the cream are to give the body the tools it’s lacking while your getting the problem makers inline, then once you have your sugars and cholesterol inline things can go back to normal.
The pains your experiencing I believe are a form of diabetic neuropathy which are compounded by way too low cholesterol. These will probably subside when you get your levels up to at least 180 and when your sugar’s are controlled. Your doc has a wide variety of drugs available that are far more safer and easier on the body then what your now taking to control this problem. See what his thoughts are and follow his guides.
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:58 am

Thanks for taking the time to study these numbers johnwen.

If you remember, I did add low iron, (from a Woman's multi) and felt that may have something to do with the cortisol my adrenals are now making. I will add more.

Here are the results (just in) of my saliva testing - I believe I had the blood drawn the next day or two after the saliva.

So, why is test testosterone saliva opposite (high) of the blood tests???????

I stopped all medications/hormones 10 days prior to these tests - except prednisolone - which I stopped the night before.

The "evening" cortisol is obviously high because I was in pain later in the day. And the pain is correlated precisely with the cortisol intake.

But I agree, I want to get the blood sugar down, and now wonder if it could be insulin?

Owen R Fonorow
Lisle, IL 60532

Menopausal Status: N/A

Code: Select all

Hormone Test                 Result        Range
Estradiol (saliva)           0.9             0.5-2.2   
Testosterone (saliva)       186H           44-148 (Age Dependent)     (Apparently in 2007 my saliva reading was 99)
DHEAS (saliva)                3.8            2-23 (Age Dependent)
Cortisol Morning (saliva)    6.0            3.7-9.5
Cortisol Noon (saliva)       1.6             1.2-3.0
Cortisol Evening (saliva)    1.5             0.6-1.9
Cortisol Night (saliva)     1.3 H             0.4-1.0

06/12/2013

02/01/2007

Hormone Test
Estradiol (saliva)
Testosterone (saliva)
DHEAS (saliva)
Cortisol Morning (saliva)
Cortisol Noon (saliva)
Cortisol Evening (saliva)
Cortisol Night (saliva)

Current
06/12/2013
186H
1.3H

Units
pg/ml
pg/ml
ng/ml
ng/ml
ng/ml
ng/ml
ng/ml

Range
0.5-2.2
44-148 (Age Dependent)
2-23 (Age Dependent)
3.7-9.5
1.2-3.0
0.6-1.9
0.4-1.0

So how does this mesh with the blood testing? Why is it so different? (Testosterone)? Saliva says DHEA-S is very low..

Added - rereading your analysis of my blood. Yes cholesterol is way too low. I eat an egg EVERY day. Before I added lysine (proline) my cholesterol was 180 mg/dl on the button. After I started adding lysine, it dropped to 160 mg/dl.. Now it is what - 150 mg/dl.. One theory is that I don't have many toxins left to trigger the production of cholesterol.. On top of all the vitamin C... I also have no fear at all of heart disease... (Which is a nice way to live, given the history of my father's family - all dying of massive heart attacks.)

Now I am missing a portion of the pancreas - so I suppose insulin might be a factor - especially if high vitamin C continually asks the pancreas for insulin (as topics here suggest it might). So very low cholesterol and very high blood sugar...

Progesterone cream is interesting.. I used to use it regularly - an experiment to keep my prostate from growing, but I have been lax for about a year! I will start again...

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Archive”