Bioavailability of Vitamin C

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

dazed1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bioavailability of Vitamin C

Post Number:#136  Post by dazed1 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:49 am

Hi, im sorry but i really got no time to read all of this.

What is the conclusion for oral AA/SA? how much per day is the most efficient method?

Should i still use 10g per day in split doses or?

dazed1
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#137  Post by dazed1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:07 am

Anyone?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#138  Post by pamojja » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:27 pm

dazed1 wrote:What is the conclusion for oral AA/SA? how much per day is the most efficient method?

Need and tolerance for vitamin C are too individual for giving a efficient method for everyone at everytime. Some tolerate only a few grams, while with a flu that tolerance could go up to 100 grams for some time.

It's always good to split up doses due to the short half-life of vitamin C. Also adding some Sodium bicarbonate to the Ascorbic acid, to let it combine to Sodium ascorbate, helps in spreading the absorption rate and lessening the acidity.

For the dose itself you have to experiment how much AA you tolerate before gastrointestinal complaints begin, and dose accordingly.

dazed1
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#139  Post by dazed1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:41 pm

This is not what i asked, sorry if i was not clear.

What i ask is how many grams should i consume, and should i at all? since now im reading someone that anything above 500mg at once dose, and 500 next and so on, is useless, like no plasma level change?

I need general info, is the bowel tollerance even effective or we just dump the vit c? cause if the plasma level does not rise its just money down the toilet.

So should i go on with 1 gram per hour dose (or so) or cut it in preventive 2 grams per day?

Does 1 gram per hour > 500 mg per hour?

Dose 2 gram per hour > 1 gram per hour?

This is in regard to absortion/blood/plasma levels/benefits.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#140  Post by ofonorow » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:27 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#141  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Bump

I am here looking for what I thought was a draft of the paper about these experiments. maybe my memory is faulty
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#142  Post by ofonorow » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:55 am

I am posting this draft before submitting a paper on these bioavailablity of vitamin C measures.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs/BioAvailDraft10102016.pdf

JOHNWEN - I would like to acknowledge your contribution in making the charts, but I would understand completely if you don't want me to use your name publicly :wink:

So please Yay/Nay including you by real name in acknowledgements. (Otherwise I could say forum user "johnwen")

And if anyone has any comments about the paper, now is the time!

This is preliminary. I plan to expand and be more comprehensive in a future version aimed at more mainstream journals.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#143  Post by Johnwen » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:29 am

Just use the Johnwen!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#144  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:34 am

Bumping because we are ready to submit the paper to a journal. Thanks to all, especially johnwen (and popnowlin for helping me integrate Dr. Hickey's thoughts)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

popnowlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#145  Post by popnowlin » Tue May 30, 2017 4:42 am

The attached spreadsheet contains all the graphs in the paper and the data used to create them.
Attachments
BioAvaData5.ods
Data and Graphs
(301.55 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Popnowlin
Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#146  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:59 am

The last post contains a spreadsheet graphs of the data collected in this thread.

The first paper will be printed in the next Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients.

An updated paper with more experiments has been submitted to the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine.

Thanks to everyone for their help - especially johnwen. We will post a link to the PDF of the paper after it is published in JOM.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#147  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:25 am

Given the latest science showing that 100 to 10000 Um/L concentration of vitamin C is deadly to cancer stem cells, I took a look at our results, and while the readings are in terms of glucose - rather than ascorbate - they are interesting. (And I need the conversion formula to turn the glucose reading into an accurate vitamin C reading. However, we are talking about a concentration in moles...).

http://www.endmemo.com/medical/unitconv ... amin_C.php

In our (now published) study the max oral dosage from imitating an IV/C (250 mg/minute) was 177 mg/dl in glucose units. This after 4000 mg and at minute 15. Interestingly, if this was the ascorbate concentration - it exceeds the highest dosage in the Indian cancer stem cell study, e.g. 10,050
µmol/L:

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#148  Post by ofonorow » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:44 am

Paper approved for JOM - but so far, not published
https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs/Final-BioPaper-Jom-April-2018.pdf
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#149  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:56 am

dazed1 wrote:Hi, im sorry but i really got no time to read all of this.

What is the conclusion for oral AA/SA? how much per day is the most efficient method?

GLAD YOU ASKED.

Go as low as you can NOW (to preserve your supply)
If you get sick, Follow our cold cure, 9 g every 20 minutes of ascorbic acid)
My paper provides the picture of how you can get higher than IV blood levels. ONLY DO THAT WHEN YOU GET SICK

Expect a long term Internet outtage - no cell service for at least 45 days... No way to read this forum.. Did I say download what you might like to read for 45 days.. Say download kindle books.. etc. NO INTERNET FOR 45 DAYS

All she has to do (GOD) to make ALL millenials feel HER wrath - turn off their cell phones for 45 days. PLAN FOR THAT (The worst) AND HOPE FOR THE BEST

Again,

My advice now (while we still have internet) IS FOR EVERYONE TO REDUCE THEIR SUPPLEMENTAL VITAMIN C INTAKE TO AS LOW AS POSSIBLE.. If you can get by on 30 mg.. DO THAT. Consider that one Cardio-C PAK might provide the minimum C for a family member for 10 days.

Use kindle NOW and download ALL the Medical Medium books, you are most interested in foods that contain vitamin C. Good reading for those 45 days, even better than my book.

My guess is it will only require 45 days to tech Millenials (and pamoja) that there is a GOD.. Especially since the MM books were not only great from a health stand point, but guidance about how to survive the upcoming WRATH OF GOD.... CELERY JUICE...

More on this later, I want to get our HAM RADIO frequency out before the internet blackout (for fueling the panic..)

IF you get sick, then yes, following Linus Pauling's/Cathcart's advice, and our new finding, get your levels up there. So the 8 grams every 20 minutes cures for the cold will kill this "cold" virus..

So go as low as you can on SUPPLEMENTAL vitamin C - and if as I think, not only will celery juice give you the vitamin C necessary to live, it probably KILLS this bio engineered nightmare.

I tried to issue a press release NO ONE WILL DIE.. which is true, so long as the vitamin C in them doesn't go to zero. But since it had the word VITAMIN C in the release, it cannot be issued.. Nothing that hasn't been proven to cure a disease Wait until The Donald hears this.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Archive”