The Cure for Sepsis - Vitamin C - New Standard of Care in Medicine

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

The Cure for Sepsis - Vitamin C - New Standard of Care in Medicine

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 14, 2017 6:28 am

Dr. Paul Marik, a critical care doctor at EVMS, believes he has found the cure for sepsis, a common infection that gets into the blood and kills 1,000 people a day in the U.S. alone.

The Cure for Sepsis - Vitamin C
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXVce34A78[/youtube]
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: The Cure for Sepsis - Vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 14, 2017 11:52 am

JOHNWEN he didn't find IV/C alone, Marik's invention was to add HYDROCORTISONE (cortisol! My Favorite) and later Thiamine (B1 - one of your favorites). And his reasons for adding cortisol are interesting, remarkable.

Marik's quotes are AMAZING.. He even cites Fred Klenner as the first paper he found in 1949

"Complete devoid of side effects.." (Vitamin C/Cortisol/Vitamin B1 treatment)

"the sepsis deaths in this country are equivalent to 3 jumbo jets crashing every single day.. Every single day.."

"In fact, more people die from sepsis than die from breast cancer, colon cancer and AIDS put together.."

"Its the most common cause of death in our hospitals and costs our country more than 20 Billion dollars.."

"Over a hundred randomized trials have been done with all kinds of pharmaceutical agents, and none have worked..."

"on top of 2000 studies looking at sepsis.."

"... we are vitamin C mutants.."

" .. Nobody is going to make any money from this, but it has the potential of saving millions of lives.."

" .. Potential to save millions of lives. "

" ..Millions of patients will die waiting for these trials.."

".. There is data to support using it right how..."

Attorney's head up - people dying of sepsis after this has been publicized - massive class action suit?

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: The Cure for Sepsis - Vitamin C - New Standard of Care in Medicine

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 16, 2017 5:45 am

So Dr. Levy's opinion, he who brought this to our attention, is that while (as he had previously written in PRIMAL PANACEA) no hospital in the USA uses intravenous vitamin C, when the Marik "cure" news hit television, it changed the medical standard of ER care overnight.

Now, any hospital that doesn't use intravenous vitamin C, when the patient with sepsis asks for it, faces a HUGE liability. Share that Marik video with all your local news.. This cannot get enough publicity. Thanks to the Foundation attack, I have a bunch of new contacts in the news media :-)

its just so cool.

You might remember that when I was in intensive care (for what turned out to be a lack of my own cortisol production), I wanted to try IV/C because nothing else was working. My primary care doc at that time agreed. She ordered it (and Dr. Levy told me to be careful - as it just isn't done).

Dr. Levy feared for my doctor's future.

Levy was right.. a few months later my GP was let go from her practice in Naperville IL.. Coincidence?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Another powerful video to share... Marik's ICU nurses.. If you keep a dry eye - let us know..
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYqbucF8M4[/youtube]
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Wed May 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Very smart doc for reading Klenner’s work.

I like the V-C part for it’s flash oxidative effect on destroying these bugs.

The Cortisol part suppress the immune system enough so it don’t, “Protect you to death!”

The Thiamine for the inhibition of the biosynthesis of the enzymes for the TPP Riboswitch to occur in the organisms that are invading, which stops their reproduction.

So to me it sounds like a win, win. With a 80% improvement in reducing fatalities and who knows maybe if the other 20% would have got in earlier maybe they still would be here!

Let’s see the dark side!! V-C + FDA = NO Comment!!!!

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot ... dly-sepsis

https://www.downeastem.org/downeastem/2 ... o-the-hype

http://pulmccm.org/main/2017/critical-c ... es-sepsis/
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Thu May 18, 2017 6:07 am

Brilliant doc, yes, I think we can infer from the para-shoot analogy that he has read the Hickey/Roberts Ascorbate and/or Tarnished Gold books, because that is where I first heard it.

Before anything else, Johnwen I hope you are writing a book on the Vitamin C "Simple Cure" for Heart disease for doctors.. hint hint 800,000 CVD deaths, and in 2005 the American Heart Association estimated that more than 60 million Americans have a diagnosis of CvD. And there are people who help scientists write such books.. I have seen several advertised in the Townsend Letter.

20 years. No studies so no papers so how will Cardiologists answer their patient's new found questions when the simple cure for heart disease breaks - pretty soon :D

Back to Marik.. He just released a 1-hour video that seems to be a training video on the method for curing sepsis for ER docs/nurses (below) I haven't had the time to go through it, but Dr. Levy mentioned that Marik was not entirely accurate.. maybe feeling some pressure? Antibiotics are still required, which was the first question our local alt. doc asked.. etc.

Very smart doc for reading Klenner’s work.

I like the V-C part for it’s flash oxidative effect on destroying these bugs.

How can 1.5 gram cause a "flash" unless it is via injection? Didn't Klenner use 10 grams IV? I'll have to review the Clinical Guide. The work with the "world expert" on toxins killing cells in culture will be an interesting read.. Why do both cortisol and vitamin C have to be together to protect cells from the toxins? We make cortisol, but nobody makes their own vitamin C.

The Cortisol part suppress the immune system enough so it don’t, “Protect you to death!”

Know this (cortisol suppresses the imminue system) is a LIE taught in medical schools and apparently designed to frighten doctors from using "steroids". (Vitamin D is a steroid for heavens sake.) Anyway, I can tell you still have not read William Mck Jefferies SAFE USES OF CORTISOL, 3rd edition. (We are all busy.) Cortisol ENHANCES the immune system (at physiological/safe doses). Its only the very large doses (given early on and in reports from the 1950/60s, before the safe range was understood), that suppresses the immune system. Immune response is a bell curve. (And it is worth remembering that Jefferies team discovered that the Flu virus TURNS OFF the body's own production of cortisol. Jefferies recommended cortisol (like we recommend vitamin C). From memory, 100 mg of hydrocortisone at the first sign of the flu, tapering off over 3 days.

The range Marik is using is SAFE and ENHANCES the immune system. (Cortisol/hydrocortizone is probably unnecessary, but a lot of people do become deficient in cortisol under stress! hmm)

Again, Marik's knowledge is VERY impressive... Maybe he has read this forum? And/or read SAFE USES OF CORTISOL?

The Thiamine for the inhibition of the biosynthesis of the enzymes for the TPP Riboswitch to occur in the organisms that are invading, which stops their reproduction.

For most readers, Thiamine is vitamin B1 (right?) And you have long recommended it at this forum, to my detriment for not listening closer to you.

So to me it sounds like a win, win. With a 80% improvement in reducing fatalities and who knows maybe if the other 20% would have got in earlier maybe they still would be here!

I'm not sure who the second WIN is? Obviously the dying patients WIN BIG. Oh, maybe the lawyers as this will create massive liability law suits because there are no hospitals in the USA with a pharmacy ready to provide intravenous vitamin C. (They had better begin the process of ordering.. he he)

The big LOSERS are BIG PHARMA.. And HOSPITALS.. And DOCTORS/NURSES .. My daughter is an admin nurse who runs an infectious disease program for a chain of hospitals. Eventually, she will lose her job over this. If I had an "pull" I would suggest that all major hospitals be kept open through a Federal subsidy that dimishes over time. That would keep a lot of the healthcare dollars flowing, avoiding an immediate recession, if not depression.. Give hospitals time to adjust to not making so much from sepsis, dialysis, heart disease and cancer..

ER 1-hour Training Video on the Cure for Sepsis (Vitamin C)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVk7WyfP6J0[/youtube]
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by Johnwen » Thu May 18, 2017 10:29 am

Know this (cortisol suppresses the imminue system) is a LIE taught in medical schools and apparently designed to frighten doctors from using "steroids".

Further studies of the nature of the beneficial effect of cortisol, and possibly of other normal adrenocortical hormones, upon immunity in humans are needed, especially in view of recent evidence of a feedback relationship between the immune system and the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, and with the increasing awareness not only that the immune process provides protection against infection, but also that its impairment seems to be involved in the development of autoimmune disorders, malignancies and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).

Jefferies WM. 1991
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2062254#

Cortisol’s weakening effects on the immune response have also been well documented. T-lymphocyte cells are an essential component of cell-mediated immunity. T-cells respond to cytokine molecules called interleukins via a signaling pathway. Cortisol blocks T-cells from proliferating by preventing some T-cells from recognizing interleukin signals. It also stifles inflammation due to inhibition of histamine secretion . Cortisol’s ability to prevent the promulgation of the immune response can render individuals suffering from chronic stress highly vulnerable to infection.

http://dujs.dartmouth.edu/2011/02/the-p ... enal-axis/

How stress influences the immune response.

http://www.direct-ms.org/pdf/Immunology ... munity.pdf
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 19, 2017 3:51 am

uh oh

There are those among us who die if they cannot get a supply of cortisol for their daily lives, in 48 hours.

I think we may now know the reason for the vitamin C price rises last month, (The Foundation missed it because we had heard from the authors of the Vitamin C Beats Sepsis Caused by Cancer paper in 2010. Reference below).

So the Marik discovery must also be putting pressure on cortisone supplies. johnwen, what companies make cortisone? Investing in Vitamin C is pretty easy, other than a Pfizer plant in Ireland, (the Emergen-C plant forced out of the USA by EPA rules), the DSM plant in Scotland (force out of the USA by EPA rules) , more than 90% of all vitamin C is manufactured in China. (You don't think the EPA was part of the conspiracy to harm America?)

What about hydrocortisone? What's the story?

December 2010 (Paper Received): Intravenous ascorbic acid to prevent and treat cancer-associated sepsis?

The history of ascorbic acid (AA) and cancer has been marked with controversy. Clinical studies evaluating AA in cancer outcome continue to the present day. However, the wealth of data suggesting that AA may be highly beneficial in addressing cancer-associated inflammation, particularly progression to systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) and multi organ failure (MOF), has been largely overlooked. Patients with advanced cancer are generally deficient in AA. Once these patients develop septic symptoms, a further decrease in ascorbic acid levels occurs. Given the known role of ascorbate in: a) maintaining endothelial and suppression of inflammatory markers; b) protection from sepsis in animal models; and c) direct antineoplastic effects, we propose the use of ascorbate as an adjuvant to existing modalities in the treatment and prevention of cancer-associated sepsis.

https://translational-medicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1479-5876-9-25
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Johnwen » Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 am

johnwen, what companies make cortisone?

These are the pill manufactures in the US!

However there is 340 Hydrocortisone crème manufactures.
Abbott Labs is the major supplier for the active ingredients.

CorePharma, LLC
Glades Pharmaceuticals
Global Pharmaceuticals
Greenstone LLC
Merck & Company Inc.
Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group
Qualitest Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Rugby
UPJOHN
West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corporation

In that article about Cancer associated sepsis!
I believe the addition of cortisone and B1 like the Marik's Protocol would
Blow the Big Pharma and their FDA Arm out of the water.
They would probably be running to the courts to get a cease and desist order.
OMG! A CURE FOR SOMETHING!!
Can’t have that Now, can we???
Where’s the BIG Profits in that??
No Big, steady stream of Money going to the Big Pharma Group!!
This has got to be Illegal!!!
research!

popnowlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by popnowlin » Fri May 19, 2017 8:46 pm

The part I like best is Marik's comparison of wasting time on randomized trials of the sepsis cure to randomized trials of parachutes. You don't need randomized trials when you see people jumping out of planes and landing safely. Besides, who are you going to give the placebo parachutes to?
Popnowlin
Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 23, 2017 3:43 am

Vitamin C and sepsis: The genie is now out of the bottle | NaturalHealth365
By Thomas E Levy, MD. JD
http://www.naturalhealth365.com/vitamin-c-sepsis-2246.html

This is another link to share through your social media. The sepsis "cure" cannot get too much publicity, because as it becomes common knowledge, it creates an ever larger liability for hospitals that do not offer intravenous vitamin C for the #1 cause of death in hospitals.

The world *IS* changing fast, and this news alone could put every Hospital in the USA out of business. Ergo, what the Congress should be thinking about is a diminishing Federal subsidy to keep existing Hospitals open during the transition to the New Age..
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 23, 2017 9:37 am

Something does not compute about the reported dosage used in the Vitamin C/Cortisone cure.

For those forum members with perhaps a little more time... I keep hearing that Dr. Marik is using "1.5" grams of vitamin C intravenously, and Marik mentions the he is using the same dosage IV "Frederick Klenner" used.. Maybe 1 to 2 grams for injection, but on page 21 of the Clinical Guide in the Use of Vitamin C (Edited by Lendon H Smith, MD) in the section on treating poliomyelitis it reads...

"Ascorbic acid, (Note: He was using sodium ascorbate!), best intravenously, at 300 to 500 mg per kg of weight. In small children: two to three grams intramuscularly every two to four hours.

Lets make it 500 mg for easy computation. For a 70 Kilogram man, that would mean 35 grams of intravenous vitamin C to cure Polio.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by johnyascorbate » Mon May 29, 2017 4:33 pm

Johnwen wrote:
The Thiamine for the inhibition of the biosynthesis of the enzymes for the TPP Riboswitch to occur in the organisms that are invading, which stops their reproduction. /

Johnwen, does thiamine need to be supplemented as Benfotiamine, or will regular B1 get the job done?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by Johnwen » Tue May 30, 2017 10:20 am

Thiamine (B1)is water soluble
Benfotiamine is lipid soluble
Sulbutiamine which is two Thiamin (B1) molecules bound together.

Most studies that show any kind of anti infective actions is B1 the other two have shown relief for diabetic pains and neuroprotection and memory.

So if your working against some kind of bug B1 would be the choice.
However if your trying to overcome some diabetic symptoms or some sort of brain malfunction one of the other two would be better.
Thiamine (B1) also is beneficial in maintaining neural health but studies haven’t shown any kind of reversal to damaged areas but Benfotiamine has!

If your just looking for a line a defense go with B1!
It’s the most natural form of thiamine.
research!

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#15  Post by johnyascorbate » Tue May 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Thanks for the information

Return to “Archive”