Proof that the unblocking of arteries has occurred

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

jonscubas

Proof that the unblocking of arteries has occurred

Post Number:#1  Post by jonscubas » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:15 pm

Can I speak with anyone directly, or if you would like to reply.

I would like to speak with those that the protocol really worked for you, and how bad off you were before it?

Most importantly, how long were you on the protocol, and how much were you taking to see these improvements?

Thank you.

jonscubas

Maybe that's a little bit too much

Post Number:#2  Post by jonscubas » Thu May 03, 2007 4:02 pm

How about improvements to be discussed?

What was wrong, and what did the Vitamin C, Lyine and Proline protocol do for you?

Thanks.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

The word "Proof"

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 04, 2007 7:07 am

The word proof may have something to do with the lack of response.

Why not PM individual freedom? He is the one active member who has a tremendous story to tell. You can also read through all Richard's posts on this form. I'd start here

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum ... php?t=3305

Carol Smith is willing to speak with anyone. Here story is chronicalled

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum ... php?t=2756

She has been on the Pauling therapy off and on for a decade. Her heart disease returns after she stops. Her EKGs from the early days are posted here:
http://www.internetwks.com/carolsmith/
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jonscubas

It appears that one should definitely not stop

Post Number:#4  Post by jonscubas » Tue May 08, 2007 1:38 am

While on the protocol.

In my situation I have the 4 stents to contend with, and a lot of arterial healing and plaque regression for my body to do. It' s only been 2.5 months. I will stay focused on religiously following the protocol and gauge my progress over time.

I'm hoping for some dramatic ease of breathing, and the chest tightness to go away for good. That's the marker I'm striving for.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: It appears that one should definitely not stop

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 08, 2007 8:35 am

jonscubas wrote:While on the protocol.

In my situation I have the 4 stents to contend with, and a lot of arterial healing and plaque regression for my body to do. It' s only been 2.5 months. I will stay focused on religiously following the protocol and gauge my progress over time.

I'm hoping for some dramatic ease of breathing, and the chest tightness to go away for good. That's the marker I'm striving for.

Are they "medicated" stents? If so, you should read STEVEFROMFLORIDA'S post and consider his success with Chrondroitin Sulphate and a form of lecithin.

What drugs are you taking and do you have a lot of dental work?

How much vitamin C are you able to tolerate? Are you following the entire protocol, including Unqiue-E?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jonscubas

Re: It appears that one should definitely not stop

Post Number:#6  Post by jonscubas » Tue May 08, 2007 10:09 am

ofonorow wrote:
jonscubas wrote:While on the protocol.

Are they "medicated" stents? If so, you should read STEVEFROMFLORIDA'S post and consider his success with Chrondroitin Sulphate and a form of lecithin.

What drugs are you taking and do you have a lot of dental work?

How much vitamin C are you able to tolerate? Are you following the entire protocol, including Unqiue-E?

Yes, they are technically called "chemical eluding (t)". I do have some pending dental work, as I have plaque below the gumline. Taking aspiring and plavix.

Taking Magnesium, Unique E and, Vitamin C, Lysine, Proline, Folic Acid, Red Yeast Rice, Chromium GTF, Niacin, Inositol Choline.

I also have gastro issues which could be causing the chest tightness. The doctors in cardiology and gastro cannot tell the difference, which has been one of the big issues I have been trying to find a resolve on for the last 3 years.

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by DanSco » Tue May 08, 2007 2:48 pm

I would suggest dropping the Red Yeast Rice and adding CoQ10.
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

jonscubas

I do take CoQ10, forgot to mention that

Post Number:#8  Post by jonscubas » Tue May 08, 2007 2:54 pm

DanSco wrote:I would suggest dropping the Red Yeast Rice and adding CoQ10.

I won't drop the Red Yeast Rice right now, reason being I've been on it, and tried to get off of it 3 separate times, everytime I did, my cholesterol levels went up 40 mmg in less than 2 months.

It really does work the same as the Lovastatin drug I took 3 years ago for 6 months, I stopped and searched for an alternative because the muscle cramps were unbearable.

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by DanSco » Tue May 08, 2007 4:32 pm

If you worry about cholesterol levels then you believe in the lipid theory of heart disease. On the other hand you take Vit C , Lysine and Proline, the therapy for those who believe in the Unified Theory of Heart disease. Interesting!
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

jonscubas

Look at it from my point of view

Post Number:#10  Post by jonscubas » Tue May 08, 2007 8:57 pm

DanSco wrote:If you worry about cholesterol levels then you believe in the lipid theory of heart disease. On the other hand you take Vit C , Lysine and Proline, the therapy for those who believe in the Unified Theory of Heart disease. Interesting!

I have first hand experience with 4 stents, and breathing problems which only started after the first angioplasty. This whole Vitamin C, Lysine and Proline protocol is new to me. I have tried a lot of stuff before this that said it did the same thing as far as healing the arteries and removing plaque. Enzymes, Herbs, oral chelation, etc..

Until I start seeing results, I will have to stick with the facts. I'm only 38 years old, 35 and half when this all started. Would you take a chance on your life?

individual freedom

hope the best for you...

Post Number:#11  Post by individual freedom » Tue May 08, 2007 10:19 pm

jonscubas,

or jon,

i have noticed dramatic good results with the pauling protocol and other knowledge gained from this web site and forum.

i read linus paulings books on vitamin c and dozens of other important books on the subject.

it helped me to know, understand and take action.

most of my story is posted on the vitamin c foundation forum see the heart disease section, etc.

best to you jon

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Cause versus Symptom

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 09, 2007 10:28 am

I won't drop the Red Yeast Rice right now, reason being I've been on it, and tried to get off of it 3 separate times, everytime I did, my cholesterol levels went up 40 mmg in less than 2 months.

The advice, I think it was DanSco's, to drop the red yeast rice and start CoQ10 is excellent.

Cholesterol is your friend. It is being created by your body to assist it in dealing with your heart disease. Artifically lowering it weakens your natural defense mechanism. After the heart disease (aka vitamin C deficiency induced arterial weakness) has been resolved, cholesterol levels will naturally decline (unless your someone like my 93 year-old-aunt. Her total cholesterol has been over 350 mg/dl her entire life.)

See: http://www.internetwks.com/owen/TruthChol.htm

and

http://www.ourhealthcoop.com/pauling.htm
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jonscubas

I appreciate your input everyone

Post Number:#13  Post by jonscubas » Wed May 09, 2007 12:29 pm

In 3 years I have just heard so much, so I hope you understand. As I mentioned I'm on the protocol:

Daily intake:
16 grams of Vitamin C
2.5 grams of Lysine - Pharmaceutical grade
2.5 grams of Proline - Pharmaceutical grade

All I can do at this point, is wait and see right, what else is one expected to do? If I feel better I know it's working. If I continue to feel like crap and not experience any progress of the regression of symptoms, then what am I to think?

I don't want to have to keep taking away or keep trying something else new without giving the other a chance to work, such as this protocol.

I don't feel I have to satisfy my Cardiologist requirements, but they have been in my corner at the very least than anyone else, so I can't complain. I definitely know they are not always right about things or diagnoses. I don't agree with a lot of the medicine that is given to people with all the side effects, as I am one that experienced that when given "lisinopril", that drug had me break out in hives, my eyes were so swollen they were almost shut.

Unless there is some kind of non evasive test that I can undergo (that is stainless steel stent friendly) which is accurately showing the reduction in plaque buildup, that would make me feel much better.

I learned about this post after first speaking with Jonathan Campbell at http://www.cqs.com/

I've been educating myself since, and of course there is more to go.

Seymore Spectacles

reply for Jon and a ? for Owen

Post Number:#14  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Wed May 09, 2007 3:32 pm

Jon,

First, let me tell you that I (think I) can empathize with how you're feeling. It's tough sifting through all the differing views, often promoted by people with good intentions, especially when one's life is on the line.

I looked over your last post and I wondered whether your nutritional program is adequate/optimal. Have you read Owen's article, that incorporates Linus Pauling's approach, about combating heart disease? I'll provide a link below. Also, it seems as though having medicated stents adds another level of complexity to the treatment (as Owen pointed out in other threads). I'll post a link to another thread, from this forum's past, that may also be of interest.

I wish you all the best.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Comments

Post Number:#15  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 09, 2007 6:17 pm

Daily intake:
16 grams of Vitamin C
2.5 grams of Lysine - Pharmaceutical grade
2.5 grams of Proline - Pharmaceutical grade

This is a good amount of vitamin C (unless you can tolerate 30,000 mg daily). Is this your
tolerance?

I have seen cases where 2.5 g of lysine has 'worked' but Pauling's recommended therapeutic dosage was 5 grams to 6 grams of lysine (Linus Pauling Video Lecture A UNIFIED THEORY)

The body makes its own proline, and while some Alt. Docs I know recommend 2 grams of proline, the product I have the most experience with contains about one half gram (500 mg) at the therapeutic dosage, and its users consistently report marvelous results

That is, until they began implanting medicated, rather than plain metal stents. (Be glad yours aren't seeded with radiation pellets!)

So your lysine seems a bit low, and the proline seems a bit high.

The problems with many cardiovascular drugs (including red yeast rice) is that they interfere with the body's own production of a vitamin-like substance called coenzyme Q10 (or CoQ10). Now, someone at your age (i.e. less than 40) usually doesn't need to supplement CoQ10, but because you are taking these drugs, you should supplement around 200 mg daily. Just know that it is impossible for a cell to produce energy without this coenzyme present.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Archive”