Of Ground Squirrels, Vitamin C, and Stroke

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

Cis4me
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Of Ground Squirrels, Vitamin C, and Stroke

Post Number:#1  Post by Cis4me » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:42 pm

giddy

Post Number:#2  Post by giddy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:43 am

Thanks for posting - great article.

djepicurus

Post Number:#3  Post by djepicurus » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:19 am

I know I'm a little late to reply on this, not to mention the article was from 1998 but nevertheless I find this so interesting. If these animals preserve their body by Quadrupling their output of Vitamin C, then it would follow that we could reap significant benefits even past the so called "mammal dose" for our body weight. This definitely lends credibility to those who advocate the highest of doses for Vitamin C. Oh yeah, another point, if Vitamin C causes cancer and artery trouble, then why in the hell would nature program these animals to quadruple their dose in the most bleak situation, WINTER??

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#4  Post by J.Lilinoe » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:47 pm

I love reading this article over and over again. A few months ago, a co-worker's wife went into the hospital due to bleeding in her brain. Hmmm? Anyway, it was so serious that she had to be treated at a major hospital facility in our State. She eventually recovered and went home. The co-worker later said that the doctors have no idea how the bleeding incident occurred so they could not caution her on what to do to keep it from happening again. I could not help but wonder if Alpha Lipoic Acid and high dose Vitamin C could have helped her.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

hmm

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:22 pm

I wonder what the difference is between "bleeding in the brain" and a stroke?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#6  Post by J.Lilinoe » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:47 am

I wonder what the difference is between "bleeding in the brain" and a stroke?

I kept wondering the same thing while this person was in the hospital. How come the doctors didn't just call it a stroke?

Return to “Archive”