Higher Dosage Vitamin E May Be Needed

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

Seymore Spectacles

Higher Dosage Vitamin E May Be Needed

Post Number:#1  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:22 pm

This isn't really a pro-vitamin article but I thought some of you might find the research interesting anyway:
[quote]In the new study, Morrow and Roberts determined the optimum antioxidant dose of vitamin E using an assay they developed to measure compounds formed by oxidative stress processes, called F2-isoprostanes. This measure, said Roberts, “has been independently validated as the best measure of oxidative stress status in vivo.â€

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Much much much much higher dosages

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:53 am

Great post! Thank you. (I'd seen these numbers somewhere, but not the 16 weeks part).

What would be interesting is to run the same experiment, with high vitamin C intake. It is my own hypothesis that vitamin E is useful in we humans because it spares our usually very low level of vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ascorbicjoe
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

C recycles E, too

Post Number:#3  Post by ascorbicjoe » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:39 am

Additionally, with ascorbic acid being able to take radicals from Vitamin E allowing it to be used again, I would speculate that a little V-E would go further with copious amounts of V-C in your system.

Return to “Archive”