Unhappy with Test Results after HT

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Unhappy with Test Results after HT

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:08 pm

Owen,
I'm writing to tell you that I am quite disappointed. I have been taking Heart Technology for 3+ years, after finding high Lp (a). I had a heart scan in 2004 that had a calcium score of 83. I repeated that test yesterday and had a calcium score of 216!!

I have an appointment with Dr. Stephen [deleted], an integrative cardiologist for next month.

It doesn't seem like the Heart Technology is working for me and my arteries. I was so hoping that the test would show a reversal of the calcium scores.

Any thoughts,
Ms. A S

You are correct, there is little or no evidence that vitamin C and lysine lower calcium scores in arteries, which seems to be more of a function of the vitamin K status

However, I would be quite surprised if your arteries are not "wide open" and much healthier.

Here is an anecdote, for what it is worth. The president of a company I consult for is now in his 80s, became interested after his own diagnosis of heart disease more than 15 years ago. He has been taking HeartTechnology since 1994. After a few years, or around 1996 or 1997, a friend of his introduced a "fast CT scanner" product. The friend offered to check how well the Tower HeartTechnology product (HT) was working, at no charge.

Well, this scan on the President showed "massive" disease (calcium). The President checked himself into the hospital for an angiogram. The angiogram showed no or minimal blockage, left-descending wide open, etc. The Cardiologist said he was in fine shape.

So the knowledge we gained from this is this: arteries can be healthy and wide open, yet have "massive" calcium scores on these heart scans, in this case, most likely from the previous cardiovascular disease.

The President did have a very high arterial stiffness index (as measured by FDA approved cardio-vision) which makes sense, given the calcium near his heart, and after we found this out at conference we both attended, I suggested he supplement with vitamin K, which he did. One year later (at the next conference where we were tested by CardioVision) his Arterial Stiffness Index (ASI) had dropped hundreds of points to normal - same as mine, which remaind the same. I had been taking Heart Technology for the same length of time, and vitamin C since around 1983-1986..

The only change in this gentleman's supplements was adding the vitamin K for almost one year. We considered another Fast-CT scan, but it was expensive and he never retested..

This experience with the ASI is/was why, for several years, the A-9 product included vitamin K. However, most heart patients are on "blood thinning" drugs that block vitamin K, which leads to calcifcations of soft tissues. So Tower removed the vitamin K, to avoid obvious legal issues, but I still highly recommend it. Ralph Lotz points out that micrograms of K2 (versus milligrams of K1) can overcome the problem with coumadin and other vitamin K-blocking drugs.

Now in your case, I understand your wish to see improvement, but unless the units have changed, I don't think a 200 score is that high, is 218 considered high? And I am curious whether you are still taking any drugs or heart medications?

After 3 years, I am confident that your cardiovascular system is healthy, healthier than it was, but If you want to reduce that calcium score, I would consider supplementing with vitamin K (k1 or k2).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Supplements: Calcium No. D3, K2, YES

Post Number:#2  Post by Ralph Lotz » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:41 am

There is an association between too much calcium consumption and heart disease.
Other factors are geography (latitude, vit D3?) and vitamin K, especially K2 (MK-7)

Who will tell the people? It isn’t cholesterol!
http://www.knowledgeofhealth.com/report ... holesterol

Info on K2 (Video Presentation)
http://vitamink2.org/
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Dolev
quack
quack

Ralph, thanks for the Vit K link.

Post Number:#3  Post by Dolev » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:12 am

I recently looked up all the research on Vitamin K and warfarin and calcification of arteries, all of which seems to be since 2000, far too short to get the attention of the med world. Very interesting. I have a few questions, but I'll check out the site to see if they are answered there before asking here.

The amazing thing is that people can and do have osteoporosis and calcification of arteries at the same time, meaning the problem is obviously not calcium consumption, but what the body does with it. Apparantly, we now know that Vitamin K2 may be the missing link. I've known for a while that Magnesium is also responsible for where the calcium ends up.
Dolev

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Warfarin A/K/A Coumadin

Post Number:#4  Post by Ralph Lotz » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:19 am

Many heart and stroke patients are put on coumadin, which turns their arteries in to a calcified mess because these patients are told to avoid anything with K. (Green veggies are also sources of folate)

Bill Sardi posted this article today:
This FDA-Approved Drug Sends 43,000 Americans To The Emergency Room Each Year

Name an FDA-approved drug that sends more than 43,000 people to the emergency room each year in the US, causes 85,000 serious bleeding events and 17,000 strokes, and the FDA has taken no action to remove it from the marketplace when there are safer alternatives.

According to an AEI-Brookings Joint Center for Regulatory Studies, side effects for warfarin, the most commonly prescribed blood thinner, generate over $1 billion in excess health care costs.

http://www.knowledgeofhealth.com/
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Archive”