Testimony - Its the Dosage Stupid!

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Testimony - Its the Dosage Stupid!

Post Number:#16  Post by Johnwen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:49 pm

There is quite a bit published on this subject. I got over 2000 hits on the usda site. What I find interesting is the recommendations and studies I came across about V-C to reduce lipids to prevent Macular Degeneration. If I got it right V-C prevents cholesterol from sticking in your eyes but not in your ticker.??? Our tax dollars at work!
Anyway in keeping with theme of this thread I found this Reference.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/h ... u-age.html

In dedication to Dr. Pauling
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/olderadults.html

So Yes as we age our needs and risks increase and the body’s demand for supplementation of V-C and other nutrients increases. Remember we are looking at people who are in good health and looking for a good preventive level not a curative amount.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#17  Post by Ralph Lotz » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:43 am

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/h ... u-age.html

Dr. Levy advises against calcium supplements for adults. Bill Sardi advises against both calcium and iron supplementation in adults. Those countries with the highest calcium consumption have the most heart attacks. In his book, The Iron Time Bomb Sardi makes his case.
http://www.naturalhealthlibrarian.com/e ... 20Overload

This video explains Sardi's Overmineralization Theory of Aging (rusting and calcification)
http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/longevinex/35829/

The 400 mg recommended by LPI is about 8 times less than Pauling recommended to prevent cardiovascular disease:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5dba4DK ... re=related

The entire Pauling lecture video on DVD is available here:
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/cart/ ... ex&cPath=4
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#18  Post by Johnwen » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:40 am

These Links you posted all defend what we been saying all along .
The ones I presented shows that as the body ages nutritional requirements increase be it what ever chemical or mineral it may be.
As far as being specific to orthomolecular amounts we all know they would never be published in Government or medical establishments. The ones I found in the USDA publications in relation to V-C bounce all around the issue but concede that the bodies nutritional needs including V-C increase with age, exercise and stress.
If you can post something that either agrees or disagrees with this age issue and specifics to the amount V-C please do so. It would be appreciated and aid us in this search.
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#19  Post by ofonorow » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:05 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#20  Post by Johnwen » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:20 pm

After much research, thinking, getting away from it for awhile and revaluating. I finally came up with a workable yet simple base formula.
First lets clarify that this for people who are in good health or they presume to be and want a good place to start. What I tried to establish is an amount that will be a good preventive amount as while as not create any discomfort.
I’m a firm believer that a thermometer is the best way to diagnose a fever and “Titrating to Bowel Tolerance,” is the best way to give a person a picture of their overall health or lack of it.
On the down side a lot of people don’t have the convenience of having the facilities available to them when they do reach their goal or the ability to get to them when the need arises. We could say work interfering with their health. I think you know what I talking about here. The worst thing they could do is to say “If that’s what I got to do I’ll just not take any V-C till I have time, then I can do that Bowel Tolerance Thing.” Those of us who have been on high doses of V-C for sometime can relate back to when we first started and the good we felt, after awhile it becomes a habit and we feel normal till we miss a dose. I believe taking V-C should be a pleasurable and rewarding experience with positive effects from the start. Having somebody take a bunch of pills till they have to run to the bathroom is not a good way to introduce someone to the most powerful and versatile medicine known to man. Once their accustom to it’s affects and they have the time they can titrate and know the real truth about their health hopefully it won’t be much higher then the recommendations about to be made.
1.) Take your weight in Lbs. and convert it to Kilograms. This is done by Dividing your Lbs. weight by 2.215.
EXAMPLE: 180 / 2.215 = 81.27 Kg
2.) Your real Age.
If you Smoke Add 7 Years to your age
If your athletic, do heavy manual labor, do heavy workouts add 10 years to your age total.
3.) Formula: Kg*Aa=Daily Amount (Aa is Age adjusted)
Let’s do the calculation. Our subject is a 45 year old construction worker who weights 190lbs and smokes.
Figure weight: 190 / 2.215 = 85.78 Kg
Figure Age adjusted: 45 +10 + 7 = 62
Calculate: 85.78 * 62 = 5318.36 Mg V=C Round Up 5500 Mg V-C per day.
How he should take it has been discussed quite a few times on the forum generally a lot of small doses spanned over the day. This would be label amount and once he has taken it for awhile He can “Titrate to BT” and make the needed adjustments.
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#21  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:19 am

sandy wrote:Hi, I have a substantial blockage in the Common Illiac artery, I am taking Vit C to bowel tolerance ( 8 g) and 2 gms Lysine, is there anything else I should be taking?

sandy wrote:I calculated a dose of 4400mg using johnwen's table

johnwen wrote:Ok that should give you about 50 mg/Kg double it for therapeutic dose which you need, since you already have blockage forming that should put you at about a 100 mg/Kg that's the amount needed to make things start to happen.

If you don't hit BT (bowel tolerance) at that amount start upping the dose a little at a time. you'll know when you hit BT. Your from England you'll and Leu will start getting kind of close. Then back down about 500mg. it should stop if not drop another 500 mg. that's where you want to stay. (Me if I take more then 2000 mg. at one time during the day. Me and leu get close. So I take 1500 mg. Four times a day spaced out with no problems I'm at 6000 mg. as a preventive since Knock on wood no heart problems.)

Like Owen said keep your L-Lysine up to at least 4000 mg. 6000 mg. being optimal and don't exceed this amount.
Good Luck to you!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Archive”