Another Lypo-C Beats Viral Infection(s) Anecdote (Cortisol!)

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Another Lypo-C Beats Viral Infection(s) Anecdote

Post Number:#106  Post by ofonorow » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:13 am

Thx rsarver - doctors are a product of their education. Adrenal malfunction is not currently recognized.

Anyway, johnwen, I may be starting to put all this together.

I also noticed on your scan paper a "Iron" warning. Ferritin plays a big role in adrenal function especially if your hemoglobin is low. I've had this problem since I was a kid! I found a good multi with minerals and iron in low doses taken for a long time has stabilized my iron levels. It beats letting it get to low and taking them ungodly iron pills. Anyone who has taken them know's what I'm taking about. This problem really needs to be addressed.

Possible symptoms of adrenal insufficiency.

1. Low iron (anemia reported on blood tests) for years. Would appreciate a link to the
best/better papers on this link.

2. Low blood pressure. If I didn't mention it, I was admitted to the Hospital and put in intensive
care the second time (Sept 2011) because of hypotension. Blood pressure was too low in the
emergency room.

3. Sodium low. Blood tests

4. Chloride Low. Blood tests

5. Inflammation and Recurrent Infections

•INFLAMMATION: Cortisol and other glucocorticoids produced by the adrenal glands
are the body's own anti-inflammatory hormones.
People who have responded to injections of corticosteroids into joints or to taking them orally
are usually those whose adrenal glands produce insufficient amounts of these hormones.
Any person who responds to corticosteroids should be checked for adrenal fatigue.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/024985_corti ... z1tBNuQX4R

http://www.naturalnews.com/z024985_cort ... tigue.html
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#107  Post by Johnwen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:57 pm

I clicked around and everything I found is basically trying to sell something. I’ll dig a little deeper but for now I’ll offer my guidance/opinion.
1. You have to get your iron levels up! Normally I would want to see the results of an Iron panel first but you already have a diagnosis so we know it’s low. Now we have to find where it’s going! If there isn’t any red stuff dripping out of your body your probably not loosing any blood externally!
Next are you discharging any with your mucus or other body fluids? Probably not because if you were, you wouldn’t be posting you would be sitting at a doctor’s office trying to find out why. Next the yuk test commonly called a stool sample. This will tell if your passing any blood from your intestines if you haven’t done one in a long time you need to geter done. “Sorry!” If that’s negative we have to look at the other side of the coin! What’s going in and where is it being used.
Here’s the possibility’s I’m thinking of!
When you had your pancreas surgery you may not have fully ever recovered from the blood loss. Reason being insufficient intake of iron with high V-C intake.
Like Vitamin D mobilizes calcium so it can be taken into the cells, Vitamin C mobilizes Iron so it can be utilized by the cells. Not enough intake of Iron and it’s gone in no time. Another possibility you had a good intake of Iron and it was mobilized and them buggers you had running around from your tonsils were consuming more then their fair share. It’s a known fact bacteria have a big appetite for Iron.
Now! How to get it back up. I going to suggest a product you can purchase over the counter. I suggest you either talk to your Doc or do a search on the net of it and see if it seems appropriate for you with your meds and supps.
If you talk to your doc he may opt for a shot this is faster and more effective and he might want to see the stool results first. Your going to want to arrange for a hemoglobin check after about 30 days on the iron. CBC would give a better picture. Anyway it has 63Mg. Of Ferrous Fumarate yield’s about 20Mg. Of effective Iron and has a name every man would want to take. It’s called FEMIRON and comes in a Pink Box. The reason I recommend it, is it’s more easy on the stomach then other brands which means people will follow thru with their dosing of it.
I know there’s a lot of negative ideas about Iron out there and yes an overdose can kill you but when the body is lacking it, “You are HURTING.”
In more ways then just pain.
The other low figures will probably come back into range once you get your RED’s up to Par. Dr.Levy covered the infections and such in his prior post to you.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#108  Post by Jacquie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Johnwen wrote:Another possibility you had a good intake of Iron and it was mobilized and them buggers you had running around from your tonsils were consuming more then their fair share. It’s a known fact bacteria have a big appetite for Iron.

To elaborate on this, infections that result in long-term inflammation can cause the aptly-titled "Anemia of Chronic Disease/Inflammation". Basically, evolution has gifted the body with a method of hiding away or sequestering iron during bacterial infection, to starve the little buggers out. Inflammation increases the liver's production of hepcidin (the "master regulator" of iron homeostasis in mammals) which forces more iron into storage inside cells. So you can be full up on iron, even have way too much iron, and be unable to use it if there's too much hepcidin around.

Incidentally, this process helps explain why doctors used to do so much bloodletting:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=237688

You should really find out your serum iron and your ferritin levels, Owen. See if you're carrying around a lot of iron that you aren't using. If so, you're gonna have to approach this a little differently - make sure inflammation isn't upping your hepcidin levels, etc., so your body will let the iron out of storage and use it.

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#109  Post by gofanu » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Congratulations Jacqui.
In all the nonsense about iron "overload" on here, you are the first to mention hepcidin.
It took me a couple of hours on my crummy connection, back when I got into a difference of opinion with Dr Levy on the subject, to find Ganz' original paper.
My contention then and now, is that Dr Levy's fixation on ferritin, and his crude approach to correcting same, are exactly the same as the orthodox obsession with cholesterol, and the equally heavy handed "cures" for that.

Ferritin and cholesterol in these respective cases are simply surrogates reflecting fundamental metabolic control issues.
Mercury is a similar distraction - yes it is not good, but it is not necessary to put up with the brutality and transfer of funds some people think necessary.
The common approaches to "correcting" these are analogous to draining the oil out of your car because it leaks oil - ultimately it WILL stop leaking, but at what cost? An alternative might be to take out the battery or drain the gas - both will stop most oil leaks, since the car won't go.
The approach of adding hormones and such is analogous to constantly adding oil instead of fixing the bloody oil leak - sometimes you must, but it is not fixed, and there may be other disasters approaching that the leak serves warning of.

Blood, 1 August 2003, Vol. 102, No. 3, pp. 783-788
Hepcidin, a key regulator of iron metabolism and mediator of anemia of inflammation
Tomas Ganz

A couple more hours to shoot down the good Doctor's Sweat lodge and bloodletting theories as the way to fix it, at least in persons who do not have Hereditary hemochromatosis or similar.
Sweating has been found to have nothing to do with iron excretion - it is not excreted in sweat, but lost in shed skin cells.

I have not been able to find the whole process, and it may not be known, but it seems reasonable that basic body regulatory mechanisms are involved, as in all else.
That would point to getting basic body control functions correct.
This necessarily implies thyroid and adrenal function, and the nutrients that support such.
"Adrenal malfunction is not currently recognized."
Adelle Davis, 1951, 1954, 1965, in the editions I have.
You can figure most of this out with NO OTHER info. It is helpful though to read other stuff.

Following and related posted recently at :
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9773&p=28905#p28905

I want to say that I am astonished and appalled by the general cavalier attitude regarding B vitamins. People are always listing all the stuff they supplement, with a note "a good B multi" or similar. There is no such thing available, and needs vary widely. If B vitamins and basic minerals are correct for the person, much of the voodoo crap disappears. For instance the recent melatonin discussion is irrelevant; correct B and magnesium totally eliminates the need, your body makes what it needs, most precisely.

Owen's list
"1. Low iron (anemia reported on blood tests) for years. Would appreciate a link to the
best/better papers on this link.
>>AD, quick look: Lack of: B6, Mg, E, C, Folic acid, B12, B1, B2, B3(niacin), B5(pantothenic acid), cholin, stomach HCl - dependent on iodine, chloride and all of the preceding, copper, 19 different amino acids
Excess of: stress, drugs, infection

2. Low blood pressure. If I didn't mention it, I was admitted to the Hospital and put in intensive
care the second time (Sept 2011) because of hypotension. Blood pressure was too low in the
emergency room.
>>AD, quick look specific: pantothenic acid, any B vitamin, pantothenic acid, calories, pantothenic acid, protein, pantothenic acid,
"Of all nutrients, however,a lack of pantothenic acid most quickly causes low blood pressure. Since an undersupply of this vitamin inhibits the production of adrenal hormones, excessive amounts of salt and water are excreted and the amount of blood-the volume-actually decreases. Adrenal exhaustion brought on by prolonged stress, which greatly increases the need for pantothenic acid,is invariably accompanied by low blood pressure. Obtaining sufficient pantothenic acid alone often raises the blood pressure to normal."

3. Sodium low. Blood tests

4. Chloride Low. Blood tests
How about some SODIUM CHLORIDE = SALT??? and some pantothenic acid so your adrenals will cause it to be retained???
AD: "Until the blood pressure reaches normal however,salty foods and/or 1/2 teaspoon of salt in water should be taken daily."

FYI, AD statements of low blood pressure results are exactly those of hypothyroid and whole body lack of iodine consequent to iodine deficiency.
Adrenals are in a loop with thyroid; both MUST be attended to.

5. Inflammation and Recurrent Infections
Inflammation means your body is chemically stressed, possibly beyond its immediate coping abilities. Infection means you are beset by alien beings beyond its immediate coping abilities, causing the preceding.
This means your body needs the ammunition to fight off and clean up the problem. This requires huge amounts of nutrients at the best of times. If you also have a polymorphism which interferes with any step of the process, then you need to compensate. Such polymorphisms involving B vitamins are quite common, see BN Ames. They can be hereditary, just like "RA Factor", who'da thunk it?
My theory is that the so called autoimmune diseases are NOT commonly errors of the immune system, but are correct immune responses to malfunctioning body processes. If as in many cases, the immune response uses up the same nutrients of which a deficiency is causing the initial problem, then you get worse fast.
Thus, a healthy person gets an infection, fights it off, depletes something like pantothenic acid or iodine and selenium, which gives the symptoms of that/those deficiency. You feel lousy and go to bed. That relieves the requirements and you recover. With a chronic problem, one class of which is said polymorphisms, you cannot recover without extreme compensation. You go to the Doctor, who hasn't got a clue, and he poisons you, making it worse. Such is the realm of the rheumatologist, and other quacks we have met. The net result of this is that you get worse until they kill you, or you give up and fall in bed long enough to recover a bit because you are doing nothing, especially going to the Doctor.
Alternatively, you could read AD, and Abraham, and Ames, think a little, ask your friends and listen, and you might get better.

Leukocytes concentrate iodine 3-400x, if there is any free in your blood, and use it to kill nasties. If there is none free, they dismantle thyroid hormones to get it. You feel crappy. If they run out of that, they will use chloride instead, but if you avoid salt or piss is out because you have no pantothenic acid, you die.

I have tried to tell you these things before, and I have posted a lot of this info previous.
I have in fact verified this stuff on my own person, it works.

FRM

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#110  Post by ofonorow » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:11 am

Gofanu - other than the stomach HCL (which I haven't taken in a while) I take all the other
supplements regularly. My point was to list a collection of symptoms that together indicate
adrenal fatigue/exhaustion. (This is arm chair quarterbacking, as I would not and did not
put them together previously.)

I have asked almost every doctor, why, if I am not suffering an insufficiency of cortisol,
does taking a cortisol analog completely resolve the inflammation? They mumble something
about cytokines, and an secondary effect on the immune system, etc., but cannot accept
the fact that my adrenals may not be producing cortisol. (They claim that I would be suffering
a host of other issues if that were the case. And without a cortisol analog, I do suffer a
host of serious issues!) The fact that I am replacing missing cortisol seems logical, but
if you have any other reasoning, and most importantly, a way to restart my endogenous
cortisol production, I would be eternally grateful.

Which brings me to iron. Jacquie/Johnwen, since I now have "anemia" (and perhaps low hemoglobin) reports on my blood
work, which seems to indicate low iron, but my doctors do not seem too concerned. I don't think
that I have too much iron.

Johnwen, before I read your post I went through my supplements and noticed that none
have iron. I do eat red meat, but I went out an purchased a multi with the "RDA" of Iron,
around 33 mg if memory serves. (I will look for and try your iron product.)

What intrigues me about that adrenal web sit
e http://adrenalsweb.org/iron-and-ferritin.php
Your iron and ferritin levels are very important factor in your health. If these levels are low you will not be able to tolerate thyroid treatment.
How does low ferritin effect adrenals? Good iron levels are needed for thyroid to be able to convert properly (T4 to T3) and for T3 to get to the cells as it should. Low iron causes extreme adrenal stress as your body cannot utilize thyroid properly (even your own) unless these levels are correct. Low iron also will cause your body to make more reverse T3 than T3 as it knows it cannot utilize it correctly so tries to lower the thyroid in the blood. It will also lower your TSH even when you are very hypothyroid already.
Low ferritin symptoms can mimic low cortisol, low thyroid and electrolyte imbalance symptoms. Some examples would be anxiety, high heart rate, heart palpitation, fatigue, weakness and more.

If this is true, than as johnwen has suggested, iron may be at the root of my problem. Either it is as
they say (@ adrenal web - interaction with thyroid) or iron might be a cofactor in the production of cortisol.

Only one way to find out is to supplement iron and see what happens to the cortisol analog dosage required
to keep me pain/inflammation free.

LEF 2009 Blood Assay
Hemoglobin 13.5 (range 12.5-17.0)
MCV Low 79 (range 80-98)
RDW High 15.9 (11.7-15.0)
Platelets Low ???x10E3/uL (range 140-415)

TSH (high) 5.320 (rante 0.450-4.500)
Cortisol 8.6 (3.1-22.4)

CRP (high) 3.23 (0.0-3.00)
Iron, Serum 74 (40-155)

Estradiol 50 (0-53 in males)

##--

So memory was faulty - the "Iron Anemia" was only noticed last year. After the pancreatic surgery,
as johnwen speculated.

Also notice my sodium and chloride were at normal (midrange) levels back in 2009
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#111  Post by Jacquie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:45 am

ofonorow wrote:Jacquie/Johnwen, since I now have "anemia" (and perhaps low hemoglobin) reports on my blood work, which seems to indicate low iron, but my doctors do not seem too concerned. I don't think that I have too much iron.

No, no - that's the point: anemia does not automatically mean you're low on iron; it means that, for whatever reason, you aren't making enough hemoglobin. Low iron is only one cause of this; low folic acid or B12 can also cause "iron replete" anemia, and so can chronic infection/inflammation. With Anemia of Chronic Disease, you may have plenty of iron in your body, but you can't use it, to make hemoglobin, convert T4 to T3, etc., so you will become anemic. And all the iron supplements in the world will not resolve it.

Now that I double check it, I see that your serum iron is in the mid-range. This raises red flags. Why aren't you making hemoglobin out of that iron?

This kind of anemia is actually very common; it's seen in a great many people/mammals with any illness that's causing long-term inflammation. Since you've had a long-standing low-grade infection, and your serum iron is not low, this could easily be the source of your anemia. Especially since you take a lot of vitamin C, which has already been upping your iron absorption.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#112  Post by Johnwen » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Jac:
That test is from 2009.

The odds on these anomalies is about 9-1 after about 30 days of supplement iron a HGB and TIBC would tell the whole story. It would be kind of putting the cart in front of the horse at this point. These are good reminders if no improvement is seen and a lot of unnecessary tests to boot.
research!

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#113  Post by Jacquie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Whoops, my bad. :roll:

His most recent serum iron (and ferritin) numbers are (obviously) what he should check.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#114  Post by ofonorow » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:20 am

The fact is that I have been avoiding iron in supplements for years, and who knows, I may have been hoist by my own petard? I am going to start a mild supplementation - just in case, as I think johnwen's theory about blood loss during pancreatic surgery is a good one.

I think I have learned that my initial hospital stay was caused by low cortisol, but not complete lack of cortisol (which caused the Rheumatoid Arthritis symptoms after the second stay.) I have just repeated the back of the neck symptoms - with hydrocortisone.

8 mg Methyl Prednisolone was a miracle. I feel absolutely fine. Normal. No symptoms what-so-ever.

8 mg MP is according to most web sites equivalent to 32 mg of hydrocortisone (or 40 mg cortisone)

I started taking hydrocortisone (HC) last Tuesday, and I was prescribed 6 (six) 5 mg pills, or 30 mg,
spread throughout the day to simulate the normal cortisol cycle in the blood. I have been keeping track
of symptoms, and have increased the dosage to 7 (seven) 5 mg HC pills, because the symptoms are slowly
worsening, i.e., the symptoms are something like they are taking 6 mg or less of MP.

Last night I had the back of the neck pain (and head ache) which was the first symptom I noticed last June/July before entering the hospital with the periocardial effusion. SO ON 35 MG OF HYDROCORTISONE
I NOW HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOM THAT I HAD JUST BEFORE THE HOSPITAL VISIT.

This indicates that last year I was low on my own cortisol - and maybe not all that low, only a few mg lower than normal.

This is interesting. There are the other symptoms that are slowing getting worse. I have even noticed that my occasional GERD (inflammation of the Esophagus?) gets much worse as my cortisol is low. The feeling of hemorrhoids pain increases, as does the swelling and pain in fingers, wrists, knees, and general muscle pain. ALL THIS ON 35 MG OF HYDROCORTISONE?!

My plan starting today, Saturday, is to go to 40 mg (8 pills) of Hydrocortisone - looking for the dosage that starts to back off these symptoms. (I smell a Townsend Letter article coming..)

added

Jacquie,
This kind of anemia is actually very common; it's seen in a great many people/mammals with any illness that's causing long-term inflammation. Since you've had a long-standing low-grade infection, and your serum iron is not low, this could easily be the source of your anemia. Especially since you take a lot of vitamin C, which has already been upping your iron absorption.

First, "this" could easily be the source of your anemia? What does "this" refer to?

I understand now how low cortisol can cause long-term inflammation, and mimic an infection. And
I think I have learned that it doesn't have to go too low before a host of inflammatory issues arise.
I'm wondering if the anemia is caused by the low cortisol, rather than the other way around?

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#115  Post by Johnwen » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:31 am

Normally, I would reccomend a panel but he already has a diagnoses of IDA.
Therefore, that is why I would suggest a month of iron supp. then doing a panel to see if it puts back in range. He also mentioned a lack of intrest by his docs so it would appear he's only in the mild stage and a month treatment could bring him back in line.
Here's a online test place that gives a pretty good description of the test etc.
You'll note the price is realitively cheap but this gives a good base.
A hepcidin test goes about three times that amount and doesn't give all that much info.

I like these type of sites they save me a lot of typing and brain useage.

http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lp/iron_panel_info.php
research!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#116  Post by Johnwen » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:09 am

Owen:
I seen your post popped up while i was typing the my last post and I read it.
I'm going to post a page on ASI grading it starts with normal and goes on to different grades.
When reading your post I thought that theres a good possibilty your not dosing at the right times.
If you look at asi normal you'll see a majority of cortisol is dumped into the body @ 8am
and it tapers down over the course of the day with a flat area @ noon then depressed towards evening.
When taking your meds it would be a good idea to try to mimic your normal production and see if this helps. Kind of like this for 30mg. 8am-2*5mg (10mg), 11am-5mg, 1pm-5mg, 6pm-5mg, B4bed-5mg
This is a suggestion on times but give a good hit around 8am then space out the 5's over the day.
Once you get a grip on what the chart is saying you'll see what I mean.

http://www.chronicfatigue.org/ASI%20Normal.html
research!

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#117  Post by majkinetor » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:58 am

Owen, have you ruled out copper deficiency first. Vitamin C may induce it if taken around meal. It would also induce immunity problems (i.e. neutropenia etc.) . People mostly take care of iron and B12 but rare are those that check up copper.

So, do you have ceruloplasmin and coper tests ?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#118  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:01 am

Vitamin C does not deplete copper and I don't know what copper has to do with the current subject?

Johnwen wrote:Owen:
I seen your post popped up while i was typing the my last post and I read it.
I'm going to post a page on ASI grading it starts with normal and goes on to different grades.
When reading your post I thought that there's a good possibility your not dosing at the right times.

If you look at asi normal you'll see a majority of cortisol is dumped into the body @ 8am
and it tapers down over the course of the day with a flat area @ noon then depressed towards evening.
When taking your meds it would be a good idea to try to mimic your normal production and see if this helps. Kind of like this for 30mg. 8am-2*5mg (10mg), 11am-5mg, 1pm-5mg, 6pm-5mg, B4bed-5mg
This is a suggestion on times but give a good hit around 8am then space out the 5's over the day.
Once you get a grip on what the chart is saying you'll see what I mean.

http://www.chronicfatigue.org/ASI%20Normal.html

Thank you. This is something like the schedule my new alt. doc tried to set up, e.g., - 2 @ 7:00a.m, 2 @ 11:00 a.m., 1 @ 3 p.m. and 1 @ 7 p.m.

It is still, apparently, 2 pills (10 mg) short of what I need.

Total dosage is apparently more important than timing, at least for me and alleviating of my RA symptoms.

I created a table with the dosage and next mornings symptoms below.

Record of Hydrocortisone dosage and symptoms
Feel completely well on 8 mg methyl prednisolone
Day ** Prednisolone ** Hydrocortisone ** Symptoms Next Morning

1 ** 4 mg ** 4 pills (20 mg) ** Stomach upset. Woke up with sore knuckles

2 ** 0 mg ** 6 pills (30 mg) ** Woke up with Sore knuckles, swollen fingers, pain in wrists, starting in toes, shoulders, sore throat, headache(neck)

3 ** 0 mg ** 7 pills (35 mg) ** GERD/Hemorrhoid pains, Woke up with arm weaknesses, some knee pain walking stairs, very sore knuckles

4 ** 0 mg ** 7 pills (35 mg) ** Woke up with congestion/cough, neck pain,/sore knuckles, sore knees – Note: feels more like 6 mg than 8 mg M. Prednisolone

5 ** 0 mg ** 8 pills (40 mg) ** Joints better, woke up with only some stiffness

6 ** 0 mg ** 8 pills (40 mg) ** A runny nose, congestion during night, a.m., almost normal, but slight knuckle pain

Note for Day 6. Since 1 (one) 4 mg m. prednisolone every 12 hours works perfectly (7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.) I decided to try the same schedule with hydrocortisone, i.e., 4 hydrocortisone at 7:00 a.m. and 4 hydrocortisone at 7:00 p.m. I am almost back to where I was. Just a little knuckle pain this a.m.

Note: All days but Day 6 dosage was spread throughout waking hours. Day 6 started the 4 pills at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#119  Post by Johnwen » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:39 am

Ok it sounds like 40mg. Is a good dosage for you. What your describing is what your target is. At your proper dosage your discomfort should be just slight come and go type of mild pain. On a 1 to 10 scale a 2 is about right.
This give’s you the ability to see if your making progress. If your pain completely disappears after a couple of weeks at this level it means your body is starting to produce more of it’s own and you can start reducing the dosage. If the pain increases you wait a few days and see if it subsides if not a slight increase or time adjustment maybe needed. As you can see without the slight discomfort you would not have anything to gauge on. Without any pain your body could start coming up and you wouldn’t know it and then other problems could start brewing before you realize anything is going on.
Be patient at first you’ll have good days and bad days it’ll take a week or two to stabilize once you find the right dosage. Which I think you have.
Make sure your consistent on your times and time dosage. 40mg. Is a little on the high side for maintance dosage but I believe once you get your iron levels up you’ll start seeing improvements. This along with having your bug condo’s removed (tonsils). I believe within a year or shorter you’ll be back and better then before.
research!

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#120  Post by majkinetor » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:10 am

Vitamin C does not deplete copper and I don't know what copper has to do with the current subject?

Vitamin C might promote copper def. depending on situation (i.e diet, timing of C intake, tap water status etc..).

Copper def. causes anemia.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=cop ... as_sdtp=on

Return to “Archive”