7 years on Heart Tech - getting diarrhea on lower dose

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

7 years on Heart Tech - getting diarrhea on lower dose

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:38 am

Mr. Fonorow, Hi. It's been 7 or 8 years since I last talked to you. I doubt if you remember me. Back in 2005 you sent me some printed information on Peripheral Neuropathy. I still have that problem.

My problem now, is that I've been taking Paulings formula "Hearth Technology" for about 10 years. I was on a twice a day dosage, but for the last 1-2 years cut back to 1 heaping scoopful, which I take in the morning. For the last 3-4 months, after taking my dosage, I have breakfast about 15 min. later. Shortly thereafter I have to run to the bathroom, and have a very loose and watery stool. Am I getting to much Vitamin "C"? Should I cutback on my dosage? What kind of advice can you give me?

Thanks for your help.
Julius

Well, it SOUNDS like you are getting better because your bowel tolerance is going down (per Cathcart's discovery TITRATING TO BOWEL TOLERANCE http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm )

This is only a guess because no one is studying Pauling's therapy.

Are there any symptoms of heart disease? e.g. What is your total cholesterol?

The first thing I would do is divide that dosage in half, and take it twice a day - morning and night. See if that solves your problem.

If not, you might have to consider a liposomal product.

Reminder about your history would be interesting. Thank you. (p.s. We are also planning a documentary, if you are interested in being filmed.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

VanCanada

Re: 7 years on Heart Tech - getting diarrhea on lower dose

Post Number:#2  Post by VanCanada » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:34 pm

ofonorow wrote:...e.g. What is your total cholesterol?

For over 99% of the population this information is worse than useless.

I'll have to start a new thread on this topic, or restart and older thread if I can find a suitable one. If someone like Johnwen or I were in charge I don't see this waste of time happening so often...

I feel this sort of misinformation is part of what's holding this forum back from becoming something great. Five thousand members on here is a start Owen (although the number of active members on here is much smaller, of course). But shouldn't we be aiming for more in the five million to five billion member ballpark? :?

ofonorow wrote:The first thing I would do is divide that dosage in half, and take it twice a day - morning and night. See if that solves your problem.
A problem I lay partially at Owen's door, for not giving the proper dosing advise to everyone, every time - instead of once in a blue moon like he currently does. And the reason why it's only once in blue moon? The potential "confusion" it would bring to people. Come on Owen, who's leg are you trying to pull?

I think Owen is either selectively dense above the shoulders, or extremely foxy. I haven't decided which.

We see now with Julius what happens when sub-par advice is given (and believed) on these sorts of discussion boards.

I feel it's time Owen stepped down and let someone better and brighter become the new moderator here.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:45 am

VanCanada - you are one of two people who I feel if I deleted - and all your posts - the forum would be a much better place.

You are a spammer.

This is your LAST warning.

I don't mind you suggesting an alternative, calling me out when I am wrong, but I don't feel your intentions are honorable. You seem to be simply attacking me. This forum is designed to help people who don't know as much about vitamin C as we do. If I am wrong about something, lets debate it.

But here is an idea, why not set up your own forum/blog?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:30 pm

IGNORING THE LAST 2 POSTS!! :? :?

Good advise from Owen I have the same problem after 12 years my BT is around 1500mg per dose. Did a little test and it turns out that I can tolerate another 1500mg about 1 hour after the last dose which is about right from everything I have studied on the subject.
I agree with Owen in that he should take two smaller doses during the day, but with me in late morning and around 3 pm I take a 1000mg capsule to keep levels up.
In regards to when he takes it, I believe he should take it after meals. Between 15 and 30 minutes after eating, this is when the normal stomach acid is on the rise and taking a acidic product wouldn't make any drastic ph changes as takening it on an empty stomach would.
At this point in time my total daily BT is around 6000mg so I calculated what I take and it's around 5200mg.
Oh and my cholestrol is 199 without any help!!
Arteries are clear! We were checking out a new dye tuesday and ZERO NADA. However a 38 year old statin pusher AKA Dr. Healthy had a 20% in his LAD. He's been hounding me about Pauling's therapy ever since. Gee I wonder why? :wink:
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by jknosplr » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:00 am

Owen......stop being so thin skinned

Van ........nothing nice to say.....shut up, which cardiovascular unit are you currently running??

Johnwen.......thought you had a stroke and or had blockage in the carotid artery? Statins also stabilize plaque not a bad thing, as far as the 20% in Mr Healthy, if not using statins it may of been more. The VC never reduce my plaque, it may have inhibited more build up but it did not stabilize it, that's a fact. So I still don't understand why your beating up on some one who is using the tools available to stay alive............VC is not a proven fix.....I wish it was but it's not, so use what works for you.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:26 am

The VC never reduce my plaque,

I would be interested in how this was determined (as we may finally have the means to conduct a study!)

I remember in the beginning, people would see the Linus Pauling video/lecture where Linus presents the first case of the biochemist who was taking 5 g of vitamin C - but still suffering heart disease. (We have transcribed this case from the video, and I will try to find the link..)

People used to say, "See - vitamin C wasn't helping that fellow."

My retort, "He was still alive." But vitamin C alone (at 5 g) did not reverse the symptoms.

Anyway, Pauling's point was that this prominent biochemist only got better (began painting his house or chopping wood) AFTER he went up to 5 g of lysine daily, in conjunction with the Vitamin C. (And at one point, he relapsed and had to increase to 6 g vitamin C and 6 g lysine).

So saying vitamin C didn't get rid of plaque is probably true, but missing the real invention - adding lysine.

We also now by now (Thanks to Dr. Sydney Bush and his retinal photos) that even hard, calcified arterial deposit will resolve/dissolve - over time. Maybe six months to one year. Since our standard recommendation now is to include vitamin K, without study, we cannot say for sure lysine by itself will resolve calcified plaque. I remember that in the case of the late President of Tower Labs, at age 70, his calcified arteries were not resolved on high vitamin C/lysine - but only with the addition of vitamin K.

Back to the "untested" Pauling therapy. It is cheap insurance with no known harm and available without prescription. We are just presenting the info we have.

Reminder of how this came about.

Scientists discover the lysine binding site on the Lp(a) cholesterol molecule - only Lp(a) - and this finding is confirmed in Germany and brought to Pauling's attention by Dr. Rath. (People who died from heart disease were examined post mortem by the German team. The German team found Lp(a), no ordinary LDL, in the plaques of the aorta - big artery out of the heart.

Pauling reasoned, know that Lp(a) is what causes atherosclerotic plaques, and that the lysine in the walls of damaged arteries is what the Lp(a) "binding sites" stick to - forming the plaque - that all that needs to be done is add lysine to the blood stream.

Extra lysine molecules are available to "fill the receptors" on the Lp(a) and the Lp(a) loses its ability to stick to the lysine in the arterial wall.

Why this also works to disturb/remove existing plaques (act as a solvent) is beyond me, but I have observed since 1994 that it works. Works quickly, for most people, even in advanced cases. The few times it failed, as far as we could determine, was because the people, believing their doctors and medical science, took too little or stopped their vitamin C. :?:
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by jknosplr » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:56 am

I would be interested in how this was determined (as we may finally have the means to conduct a study!)
....It can be proved.........I have the films of the first MI. with in two months I started the protocol. After 2 years on the max protocol I had another MI. The second blockage was not present during the initial catherization. If the protocol was working (for me) I would not of had another blockage according to your position.

So who, what and when will the study be available?

My retort, "He was still alive." But vitamin C alone (at 5 g) did not reverse the symptoms.
......can you prove it was due to the use of VC that was keeping him alive????

The original meat of my post was why do you beat people up for using statins and why if the cholesterol numbers do not impact Atherosclerosis do you keep reminding us of your 180 number. Everyone else here seems to be chasing the allusive 180mg/dl number also..........it must mean something.

1 1/2 years down the road from the second MI using statins and 2 grams of VC my numbers are good chest pain is non existent and have not had a cold more than two years.

It works for me!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by Johnwen » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 am

thought you had a stroke and or had blockage in the carotid artery

Never had a stroke??? Don't know were this even came from???
In my carotid artery I had a bruit which is a swishing sound which usually indicates a blockage forming in it. However at present it is not there any more!! It's been checked every way there is except surgical and it has subsided. This I attribute to my increase in pauling therapy I did at the time my BT went to 16000mg and I sustained for 4 month's when one day it dropped back to the 6000mg range I'll spare the details it wasn't pretty! What ever was trying to form was stopped.
I was wondering why you believe statins are the answer? I've studied this drug from every point of veiw and seen it's downside more times then any good it has done. If your cholesterol is above 600 I would be the first to see you on it. However if your in the low 200's there is no need and a waste of money aswhile as damaging to many organs and glands. Just be warned that we have not seen the long term effects these drugs cause and when they come to light they will be sad at best.
PS. Dr. Healthy don't take statins he just hands them out like candy.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:40 pm

J- I am honestly happy you found what works for you! (Keep posting regularly, as I worry about "only" 2 g of vitamin C!)

Re:

....It can be proved.........I have the films of the first MI. with in two months I started the protocol.

Not a good test as Pauling's protocol works in roughly 10 - 30 days. Your MRI was sixty days out.

After 2 years on the max protocol I had another MI.

I think we went over this. Lots of people relapse. They naturally listen to their doctors. Most people (other than you) when we tracked down the reasons for their relapse, it turned out they stopped or reduced their vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by jknosplr » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 am

"I was wondering why you believe statins are the answer?"
Johnwen
The answer for me is what ever works....if the VC works for people ...use it. If eating rice works use it. All I know is 1.5 years on MAX VC, Proline and Lysine I had a second MI. O just said Pauling protocol works in 10 to 30 days. After 540 days a reevaluation was in order or I may of been taking he dirt nap....then again maybe not......we will never know. The three big past tense variables in life .....should of done, could of done, and would of done!
I had remembered back when you first joined the board that there was something going on in your neck, could not find the post, but could not remember if it was a stroke or blockage.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”