Three Cases of Heart Disease Reversed

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Three Cases of Heart Disease Reversed

Post Number:#16  Post by BaronZemo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:39 pm

From the pdf:

Of course, CS was thrilled with these results, and wanted to share her experience
with friends, family and acquaintances so that they could get a similar benefit.
Every single time she brought up the subject, she was met with ridicule, doubt,
disdain, etc. The most common statement she encountered was that “if the vitamin
C actually worked, I would have already heard about it”.

It's great doing things outside the box that work and totally piss people off.

The tendency of th human mind is to go to sleep..

Let the sheeple get fleeced :mrgreen:

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#17  Post by Lone Dog » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:15 am

In his book, Dr Cobb refers to l-ascorbic acid and d-ascorbic acid, inferring that the latter is worthless and must be excreted by the body. He says most artificial vitamin c is a mixture of the two types.

I've never seen any vitamin c product which makes a distinction. It just says ascorbic acid on the packaging. Should we now stick to taking l-ascorbic acid? Assuming we can find a product of that type.

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by jknosplr » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:07 am

Of course, CS was thrilled with these results, and wanted to share her experience
with friends, family and acquaintances so that they could get a similar benefit.

These results she got.............do they include films of the before and after stenosis........please post.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#19  Post by tjohnson_nb » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:40 am

Lone Dog wrote:In his book, Dr Cobb refers to l-ascorbic acid and d-ascorbic acid, inferring that the latter is worthless and must be excreted by the body. He says most artificial vitamin c is a mixture of the two types.

I've never seen any vitamin c product which makes a distinction. It just says ascorbic acid on the packaging. Should we now stick to taking l-ascorbic acid? Assuming we can find a product of that type.

I have never heard of this - just assumed the powder was l-ascorbic acid. I found one product advertised as L-Ascorbic Acid but on the label it just say Ascorbic Acid.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#20  Post by studentroland » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:54 am

It´s talked about L-ascorbic and D-ascorbic acid here...
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10716

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#21  Post by Lone Dog » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:43 am

studentroland wrote:It´s talked about L-ascorbic and D-ascorbic acid here...
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10716

Thanks for that, studentroland. I did a search before I posted but it didn't find anything. Anyway, it sounds as if Dr Cobb's comments might possibly be out of date.

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#22  Post by Lone Dog » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:45 am

jknosplr wrote:These results she got.............do they include films of the before and after stenosis........please post.

The pdf posted in this thread has a link to her results - I'm not sure what that shows, as I clicked on it but my virus scanner flagged it up as being unsafe, so I didn't pursue it.

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#23  Post by jknosplr » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:48 am

dog
The pdf file is a narrative, case one indicates that a CT angioplasty was performed. CT's are not 100% the only 100% indicator is a Cardiac catheterization. Even with the CT, the films should be posted to verify the results, if the case is viable post the films!! Case's 2 & 3 are more or less short story's. The rub here is........the films are available, I have mine, if one can write a pdf and post it then they can post the films to prove success along with it. As we all know "paper stands still for any thing", Show me the PROOF.......not feel good words.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#24  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:19 am

tjohnson_nb wrote:
Lone Dog wrote:In his book, Dr Cobb refers to l-ascorbic acid and d-ascorbic acid, inferring that the latter is worthless and must be excreted by the body. He says most artificial vitamin c is a mixture of the two types.

I have never heard of this - just assumed the powder was l-ascorbic acid. I found one product advertised as L-Ascorbic Acid but on the label it just say Ascorbic Acid.

First, according to Pauling, only the L isomer (e.g. l-ascorbic acid) is vitamin C, so this is sometimes shortened on the label to simply ascorbic acid.

I miss Ralph Lotz, as he was the one who told me that certain supplements, e.g. Ester-C, have other isomers of ascorbate, such as D-ascorbic acid, which may have equivalent antioxidant capability, but will not cure scurvy and should be considered an impurity. This is probably what Dr. Cobb is referring to.

From Linus Pauling's book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER we learn that there are four different sterioisomers (chilarity or handedness) of the ascorbate molecule, e.g. L-, D-, LD- and DL-, and again, only the L-ascorbate form cures scruvy. So in theory (the Unified Theory!) only the L-ascorbate form would offer the protection against heart disease.

Can anyone find a vitamin C product with "mixed ascorbates" - i.e., trying to sell vitamin C based on an impurity?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”