Three Cases of Heart Disease Reversed

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Three Cases of Heart Disease Reversed

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:11 am

Dr. Cobb is a physician who is familiar with the Pauling protocol and uses it in his practice.

He has written a new article: Three Cases of Heart Disease Reversed (PDF)
http://www.paulingtherapy.com/pdfs/ThreeCasesofHeartDiseaseReversed+.pdf which I have edited, (moved the cases up to the front of the article)

Daniel Cobb, DOM wrote: Her MD then told her that "I don't usually get to tell a patient this, but" - she didn't have heart disease any more, there was no need to put stents in, and she should come back in two years.

"In financial terms, my total income from these 3 reversals of heart disease is $65.00."
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Three Cases of Heart Disease Reversed

Post Number:#2  Post by Saw » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:25 pm

I give him an A+ for including 500 mg Rutin in his prescription for heart disease.
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:23 am

Interesting. In your opinion, what is so valuable about rutin?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jozzee
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by jozzee » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Interesting. I think the rutin was used to help the Vitamin C do its job better. It is a bioflavanoid, right?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:06 am

jozzee wrote:Interesting. I think the rutin was used to help the Vitamin C do its job better. It is a bioflavanoid, right?

That is the function of bioflavonoids in plants, but I am interested in how it helps "in vivo" - inside us. As it may be something we should add to our recommendations.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by Saw » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:00 am

Bioflavonoids are synergistic with vitamin c, try taking your vitamin c with real juice
and watch your BT drop.

Rutin increases the bodies stores (in adrenals) of vitamin c and strengthens capillaries.

from wiki:
Both quercetin and rutin are used in many countries as medications for blood vessel protection

jozzee
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by jozzee » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Bioflavonoids are synergistic with vitamin c, try taking your vitamin c with real juice
and watch your BT drop.

What is BT???

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by Saw » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:13 pm

What is BT???

A method of utilizing vitamin C in amounts just short of the doses which produce diarrhea is described (TITRATING TO BOWEL TOLERANCE).

http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:47 pm

and watch your BT drop.

I think I am having a bad brain day.

If you bowel tolerance drops - that would mean, what? That less vitamin C in
causes more diarrhea out? That would mean that less vitamin C is absorbed,
as more makes it to the rectum...

Conversely an INCREASE in BT would mean that either something is wrong, or
that more vitamin C is being absorbed into the blood stream..

I think
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by Saw » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:10 pm

If you bowel tolerance drops - that would mean, what?

Your bodies requirements for C have been lowered.(The power of the bioflavanoids)

And speaking of Bowel Tolerance...

If you take a 10 gram dose and only 20% is absorbed, why aren't you crapping your pants?

where did the other 80% go?

VanCanada

Post Number:#11  Post by VanCanada » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Saw wrote:And speaking of Bowel Tolerance...
If you take a 10 gram dose and only 20% is absorbed, why aren't you crapping your pants?

The 80% is changed to other compounds such as dehydro ascorbic acid or alpha 2,3-di keto glyuronic acid, etc.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:09 am

Saw wrote:
If you bowel tolerance drops - that would mean, what?

Your bodies requirements for C have been lowered.(The power of the bioflavanoids)

I still have a brain cramp, because it could also mean that the bioflavanoid is acting like fiber and preventing the vitamin C from being absorbed, taking it to the rectum.

And speaking of Bowel Tolerance...

First, who says that "only 20% of a 10 g dose is absorbed?" I guess it is Cathcart, isn't it?

Now both Pauling and Cathcart believed that only a fraction of the vitamin C taken by mouth reaches the blood stream intact. Pauling estimated 50%, and you are correct,
that Cathcart estimated that about 20% reached the blood stream intact. Hmmmm

But even it it is broken down, it may still be absorbed into the blood stream.

When taken with carbs, vitamin C will break down in the gut, according to biochemist Sherry Lewin in her 1976 book: Vitamin C: Its Biology and Medical Potential., while on the other hand, taking it with protein "chelates" the ascorbate ion, protecting it and increasing its absorption/bioavailability.

Now some people, maybe most people, cannot take a 10 gram dose without crapping in their pants. I happen to be one of those people who can consume 8-10 grams at one time, and not have any reaction. What Cathcart discovered is that almost everyone can take up to 4 g daily - but in divided doses.

So if a person takes their maximum dose for them, I do not see how as little as 20% can be absorbed? I think most of it will be absorbed. We are talking about the vitamin C traveling in the gut. Any clear thinkers?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#13  Post by Jacquie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:00 am

ofonorow wrote:So if a person takes their maximum dose for them, I do not see how as little as 20% can be absorbed? I think most of it will be absorbed. We are talking about the vitamin C traveling in the gut. Any clear thinkers?

Perhaps the C is oxidized in the gut by toxins, used by gut bacteria, or by the gut/stomach lining itself. Blood tests also don't account for C that's been taken up by tissues.

To find out how much C is actually being "wasted", you really need a fecal test. For obvious reasons, it hasn't been used by a lot of studies.

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by Saw » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:56 pm

The 80% is changed to other compounds such as dehydro ascorbic acid or alpha 2,3-di keto glyuronic acid, etc.

So where is this conversion taking place? the gut?

When taken with carbs, vitamin C will break down in the gut, according to biochemist Sherry Lewin in her 1976 book

Is this what vancanada is refering to above?

I still have a brain cramp, because it could also mean that the bioflavanoid is acting like fiber and preventing the vitamin C from being absorbed, taking it to the rectum.

I do not experience this effect when VC is taken with my high fiber breakfast.

BTW: how do I include the author of quote in my quotes? as in "ofonorow wrote:" ?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 pm

saw wrote:I do not experience this effect when VC is taken with my high fiber breakfast.

BTW: how do I include the author of quote in my quotes? as in "ofonorow wrote:" ?

in the beginning quote, add ="ofonorow", e.g. |quote="ofonorow"]

The effect on nutrients was discovered accidentally by a heart patient taking the Tower Heart Technology. It provided no benefit, but he noted that he was taking it with fiber.

We suggested, and he tried taking it away from his fiber, and he began experiencing
the same heart benefits most people report on the Pauling therapy.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”