Can we use Portable Ultrasound Devices to monitor PT?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Can we use Portable Ultrasound Devices to monitor PT?

Post by ofonorow » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 am

johnwen and other doctors, here is a message from a Church Reverend who has been purchasing Cardio-C for some time..

He wanted me to mention that we should market a hand-held ultra-sound machine plugged into a laptop for self artery inspection... his clogged arteries were cured through C and he wants more accessible ways to "prove" it. So there, I told you! He said the models he saw were around 30 thousand dollars, but thinks it could be made more cheaply.

After a cursory google search I found this page (hundreds, not thousands of dollars)
http://www.a3bs.com/Ultrasound-Machines,pg_863_973_993.html?sort=priceAsc

Questions.

#1. Could one of these devices be used to monitor progress in blood flow, arterial blockages?

#2. On what possible grounds could a prescription be required for us to obtain and/or see such a device? (Isn't this a free country? he he he)

#3. Why are these hundreds of dollars, when the good Reverend mention multiple thousands?

Added - I do see these are "therapeutic" and not "diagnostic" which might explain the lower cost and prescription...
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Can we use Portable Ultrasound Devices to monitor PT?

Post by Bossman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:37 am

I am not an expert in this field but have a strong impression that there is a misunderstanding.
Owen is referring to electrotherapy machines, while the reverend referred to ultrasound equipment. There is a world of difference between the operating principles and the purpose of these two.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by jimmylesante » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:04 am

I was discussing with my father the other day- about the use of doppler ultrasound machines. The UK has a policy to check everyone over the age of 65, check their Abdominal aorta and carotid and i think VA. Why couldn't every GP do this as a matter of course for all new patients or everyone over 30, therefore defining a baseline. Another reason he has left medicine! I remember the machines being around US$8-10k though i did not look hard.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:47 am

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by jimmylesante » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanks Johnwen. Also a great site, i've been looking for reasonably priced oximeters

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:20 am

This is the device (being demonstrated at a Trade Show) that allowed us to measure the difference in arterial "stiffness" (Calcium) after a year adding vitamin K to the supplements of the late CEO of Tower Laboratories.

http://aliveandwellnaturally.com/cardiovision.html

I might contact them about some kind of upgrade that includes a diagnostic "ultrasound" capability.

I think that was some clinic. Here is where you can purchase the units
http://www.newlinemedical.com/CardioVision.html
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:50 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jknosplr » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:23 am

If the doc thinks he's cured CVD then why not get a Cardiac catheterization done...that will be the proof, and post the films.

Incidentally the stains was a failure on them for two years, I had a cath done two months ago and a NEW stenosis had formed but still had 80% flow so the doc would not stent it. He upped my dosage from 20mg to 40mg simvastain. Not good, I had a couple of mishaps immediately after the increase, (a little is good a lot better) due to a cognizant issue I felt was brought on by the statins and the increase. I have since nixed the statins altogether with his blessing of course....like it would of made a difference or not. I'm still on 2mg of Vit C and high does of omega 3. Also quit drinking 6 months ago and began a coconut oil (saturated fat diet) no sugars and simple carbohydrates.....lost 10 lbs 205 down from 215 (carbs & fat).
My last Test Vap
HDL 53 up from40
LDL 163 up from 121
Tot 232 up 185
tri 74 down from 85
LDL1 25 same
LDL2 73 up from 42
LDL3 42 up from 28
LDL4 0 down from 1.1
As you can see the density size of LDL increased to approx >270-288 angstroms from <262 angstroms which will fit between the cells of the endothelium as the lipids carry the cholesterol. Built a spreadsheet of the same for the last two years and gave it to the cardiologist...I got the deer in the head lights look but he acknowledged my position on lipid sizing .......and I feel alive again since ending the statins.
Coconut oil indicated in some of their articles that I would lose weight and the lipids sizing would be enhanced. It was correct.
Link to coconut oil.com
http://coconutoil.com/
Lipid sizing.... from a post here some time back...I believe it was jonwen
http://www.heartpoint.com/cholesadvanced.html

If you don't here from me again its because I have failed and taking the dirt nap!

Correction 2 gr Vit C
Last edited by jknosplr on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:15 am

I think 2mg vitamin C is Freudian - as the RDA is 60 mg :D

Appreciate your honesty as no matter what your weight, even 2 grams of vitamin C is a very low dose.

p.s.

Dave Leake, author of this book, http://www.amazon.com/Patented-Heart-Disease-Cure-Works/dp/1475122926/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372173308&sr=8-1&keywords=leake+heart+cure
has posted all his medical records.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:21 am

Okay, I had my Digital Pulsewave Analysis yesterday, and it passed my first sanity test. On a scale of 1 to 5, where 1 is terrific and 5 (or maybe 7) is go to hospital, my wife and I were graded as "Type 2".

Now a company that is sponsoring this is trying to sell an arginine/citruline product, which is fine. Too bad they just don't add vitamin C and lysine!

The first thing you notice is the heart monitor - like a monitor at the hospital. You see your pulse wave. My wife and I had substantially different patterns. Yet our scores were remarkably similar.

So I asked how they could get that much information, and the tech tried to explain that they used to think the systolic and diastolic points carried the important information, but researchers in Japan focused on the wave form between the high and lows. I need to look at the research, but sounds like it may be some kind of AI pattern matching (neural network?) look at the intermediate part of the wave. In addition to occlusion, arterial stiffness, etc., they also claimed to measure stress, and the difference between physical and mental. (Now my wife had just played a round of golf, and she measured much higher to me on "physical stress."

So now I need someone who has serious disease to get scored, to gain more confidence in this technology.

They offer your money back if your score doesn't improve in 90 days on their Arginine product, so I will probably try it. Nothing to lose, and there is only one bracket left for me to improve too :-)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”