Over a year now.

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Over a year now.

Post Number:#31  Post by nineboy » Thu May 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Just replying. Vitamin E softgels 400iu d-alpha tocopheryl is the one I'm taking. Well I go in next week for angiogram and we will see how it goes from there.
I have been trying to gauge my bowel tolerance and it arrived 3 days in a row at 12 grams this time. I have been still continuing doses up to 18 grams and yesterday had bad diarrhea at 12 grams and also at 18grams. Not sure why but I did take another 6 grams but things had settled down. Today so far I'm at 12 grams and plan to try 18 grams and see how I do at this level.
I don't seem to be waking up with angina right now but have felt it on my walk around the Park. Seems to come on after about 300 yards, goes away if I stop then comes on when I start again. I usually take a spray of nitro and this helps and I can continue and finish my walk. This seems fairly normal to me. It was the middle of the night waking up with angina from sleep that scares me. If that is what it is?
So anyway blood tests tomorrow and this is a silly question but do I take all my Vitamin C plus others up until angiogram. I probably know what you are going to say. Sorry to sound so thick. I did go back and read again what you brought up Owen I guess I need to be reminded others have gone before me. on this. I am trying to be one of your stars but I am a slow learner. Regards as ever nineboy.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#32  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 02, 2014 10:33 am

Pauling's (good) advice was "not to stop taking vitamin C even for a single day (How to Live Longer and Feel Better). Otherwise, you can listen to them. Sounds like your bowel tolerance may be going down - implying you are getting better. The angiogram will be interesting. Good luck.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#33  Post by davids1 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:58 am

NineBoy wrote: I have been still continuing doses up to 18 grams and yesterday had bad diarrhea at 12 grams and also at 18grams. Not sure why but I did take another 6 grams but things had settled down. Today so far I'm at 12 grams and plan to try 18 grams and see how I do at this level.
Hi Nine,

In case you are unaware of it, generally spreading your daily dosage out into as many [smaller] doses as possible/practicable will allow to to ingest a slightly higher overall dosage [for the day], i.e. it will increase your Bowel Tolerance limit [at least slightly]. From my perspective, this is always a good thing!

Additionally, for what it might be worth to you, it is my opinion that the "diarrhea," although inconvenient, is a good thing health-wise, at least in the shorter run, i.e. I would definitely not fear it [health-wise].

Just my viewpoint and "two cents worth,"

David

P.S. And I most certainly agree with Pauling/Fonorow, i.e. if it were me, I would not stop taking it at all.
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#34  Post by nineboy » Fri May 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Okay Guys I'll keep on the Vitamin C and my trips to the toilet never bother me. Yes I have felt slightly better these last few days. I will spread my intake out in some smaller doses today and see how it goes. Must admit rereading some of the articles on inflammation etc. have got me wondering and also if my stents are what my body is fighting.
I had all my bloodwork done and will see if I can read it later today. I do appreciate all your advice and help lately and good wishes. Thanks and regards. nineboy. :wink:

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#35  Post by nineboy » Fri May 09, 2014 2:50 pm

Well angiogram procedure is over not quite sure what to say. Firstly I am back on 18 grams of Vitamin C and think my Bowel Tolerance is around there. As I had bad Diarrhea last night at that mark. Sorry what a way to start reporting in. I had no trouble being off Vit. C for a short time and resumed when arriving home.

So no flow limiting CAD except D1, 80 per cent, 40 per cent at main LAD branch. Same as before. LVEF normal. EDP.17. Not a good area for PCI, or By pass as far as I believe. might consider bifurcation approach. CAD more or less unchanged from 2012. However my angina struck again early morning 3am. must admit is scared me. It was relieved by 2 sprays of nitro but took me some time to settle down again. Right now I feel fairly normal but have been told to take it easy for a few days.
They say there is some minimal blood getting through D1 do you think the VIt. C. etc might manage to clean it out. I'm sure my intake has helped me so far and maybe more should be taken. Glad to have someone to run this by. Thanks for being there. nineboy.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#36  Post by davids1 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:41 pm

nineboy wrote:...do you think the VIt. C. etc might manage to clean it out.
Hi Nine,

I do not see why not, as it has certainly worked for many others. I assume you are ingesting ascorbic acid [vs. a mineral ascorbate]? Also, are you ingesting 5 grams of lysine each day? Other than continuing to make sure you are at Bowel Tolerance, I would not know what else to recommend [supplementally]. How long have you been on your ascorbate protocol?

Just my viewpoint, and best wishes, Nine,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#37  Post by nineboy » Fri May 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi David, Just saw your reply and as always Thanks for your encouraging words. Yes I take straight Ascorbic Acid mixed with cran,rasp juice with some hot water plus 6 grams of Lysene and 2 grams of Proline. I started well over a year ago and my angina disappeared so I kept at only 9 to 10 grams Vit.C. seemed to work throughout last year.
Since it reappeared I have upped my input to 18 to 24 grams and take it 3 times a day sometimes 4. Most areas of my arteries I'm told are fairly clear. Except for D1. They say blood still gets through it so I will keep hitting it with C, Lysene and Proline. Boy would I like to see it work. I am in awe at your intake of Vitamin C Wow! Regards Nine.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#38  Post by ofonorow » Sat May 10, 2014 9:56 am

Over the years we have noticed that the better the blood flow, the more positive the results.

I am not sure how people are living with "100% blockages" but people with this diagnosis do not report success taking vitamin C and lysine.

I'm not sure if your restricted blood flow is the problem. However, vitamin C will help your entire body heal, and it is likely, over time, that the blood flow will increase if you stay on the program. But Dr. Levy's book STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER made me realize that some people with advanced disease are better off with a coronary bypass operation - replacing the arteries.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#39  Post by nineboy » Sat May 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi Owen, Well I did ask and they told me blood was getting through my 80 per cent block. So I am encouraged to keep hitting it with as I said, C, Lysene and Proline. I pray it will clear that artery and this morning I went around the park and lo and behold, no angina. Not sure if a by-pass is in my cards but if I can avoid it then that would be good. I notice too that by-passes can still tend to somehow plug themselves again. No expert but I'll keep drinking my drinks and feel it is helping. I keep in touch and let you know how I'm doing. Feel good today. Regards.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#40  Post by davids1 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:32 pm

nineboy wrote:I am in awe at your intake of Vitamin C Wow!
Hi Nine,

You are always most welcome.

Two points I think are worth keeping in mind about my [relatively large ascorbic acid intake]: 1) I was already relatively healthy [a relatively clean/unencumbered GI tract from lots of exercise and raw food] when I started Bowel Tolerance dosing 20 years ago; and 2) Initially, my daily Bowel Tolerance "limit," was only around 10 to 15 grams. After a year, I was probably up to 20 to 30 grams daily. After 4 or 5 years, I think it was around 50 grams daily. My point being, it took a long time to get to my current "limit."

Am I surprised at that limit? Yes, I would say that I am [although I have now become accustomed to it after this past year or so]. I do [now that I think of it] remember being quite amazed over the years as my Bowel Tolerance [limit] just continued to creep up! Will it go higher? I do not know, and I guess I do not care. I am a "true believer" in the health efficacy of ascorbic acid [and its abundance of "free"/extra/alkalinizing/toxin neutralizing/antioxidizing electrons], and so I want to ingest daily as much as I can absorb! As an aside, although my overall health [dental excepted] has always been above average, I have seen it get even better over the years, even as I have gotten older, stopped any-and-all exercise [a little walking excepted], and my diet has gotten worse [albeit probably still above "average"].

There may also be the issue of my two root canals. In 2002, and then again in 2009, I got a root canal. I have had [multiple] mercury amalgam fillings in my teeth since childhood [and still have six, along with four gold crowns and one porcelain crown]. So [all of] that certainly may have contributed to my greater use/need of/for ascorbate [although I am unconscious of any "spike" in my Bowel Tolerance (limit) after any those procedures]. But, it is my belief, that the "normally"/typically unhealthy person, e.g. with the "normally"/typically "clogged"/encumbered GI tract, root canals or no, can not start orally ingesting at that level. And so my encouragement, to any-and-all that will listen, to continue to "press" their Bowel Tolerance limit forward/upward, to gain and maintain the very best health possible [for them].

Best of success to you, Nine, and I [for one] do look forward to hearing of your continued experience(s) using this health modality.

Just my viewpoint and "two cents worth,"

David

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#41  Post by nineboy » Mon May 19, 2014 1:03 pm

Wow. Time to report in and guess what I am feeling so much better. Angina seems to have gone, no waking up with it. Also no tightness of chest when out walking and no need for nitro.
I am using 18 grams of Vit.C, 6 Grams three times a day. Plus all other Lysene and Proline etc. I have stopped using my Pravastatin for over two weeks. Thought it was time to try without it. I was on it many many years.
I wondered about my BT level and tried 2 more grams of C and there it was at 20 grams. So I feel I am for now at a fairly good level for me. I see my cardiologist next week and hopefully then can say I'm fine.
It has been for me a strange experience but also another learning curve for me. I go back to the start of it earlier this year and I remember Johnwen saying I might need more C. Well now I have been through all the ups and downs, I feel he was right and you Owen and David too gave me many encouragements. Just 2 grams more and there was BT and slowly adding C to find your body's need. I keep writing with a small c and realize that it should be C as in large letters even bigger than this. Thanks for all help and regards. Nineboy :D .

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#42  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Happy to read this report. You may be the exception to my rule that 10,000 mg is required to cure "chronic scurvy" however, you also said
I have stopped using my Pravastatin for over two weeks. Thought it was time to try without it. I was on it many many years.

which conceivably is a reason for you doing better (needing less vitamin C).

As far as a doctor telling you that you are well next week, I wouldn't hold my breath, but I would mention that you stopped taking the statin/drug and are feeling better after stopping it.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#43  Post by nineboy » Fri May 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Well I'm happy to report I'm still feeling just fine.
However BT episode came at 12 grams C the other day and this morning after 6 grams. I have been walking further each day and find I am sleeping for hours after my second dose of C. Just wiped, maybe I 'm walking too much to start?
No signs of angina and I'm glad it's gone. What do you think should I drop a bit lower on C intake. Just wondered. Regards nineboy. :D

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#44  Post by davids1 » Sat May 24, 2014 7:00 am

Hi Nine,

For what it might be worth to you, I also, over the years, have experienced much variation in ascorbate intake and reaction. As my GI tract cleaned up/out [from my perspective], that "variation" has definitely settled down considerably. I would say that diet [after GI tract "health"] has been the single biggest day-to-day factor [effecting my Bowel Tolerance "limit"], e.g. the more laxative the food, the lower the Bowel Tolerance [and vice versa].

If it were me, I would not question what my body is telling/indicating to me, i.e. I would just keep up with whatever my Bowel Tolerance is daily. It is a mysterious world, Nine. The complexities involved in/with life are enormous [and probably not completely fathomable].

Just my viewpoint and "two cents worth."

Best wishes,

David

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#45  Post by nineboy » Sat May 24, 2014 9:12 am

Hi David, There is always some wise words for me in what you say. Last year nine grams seemed to be the answer. Now it seems to be 18 grams. Yes for now I will keep it at this level, occasionally it seems a bit too much. However I do feel so well right now.
Yes it is a mysterious life but Life is the Adventure and I know someone up there is looking after me. Regards nineboy. :D

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”