Problem with Acid Reflux Taking Pauling Therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Problem with Acid Reflux Taking Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:39 am

My husband recently started the Pauling Therapy and previously he had acid reflux. He seems to be having a bad time right now with the acid reflux. We have been taking a lot of supplements for years but because of being recently diagnosed with an enlarged heart and high LP(a) I found and we read Practicing Medicine With Out A License. We decided the therapy would be the only way to reduce the high LP(a) and in 3 months it was reduced by half. Our question is would the high amount of Vitamin C contribute to the acid reflux? If so, this would be a two edged sword for him because he is sold on the therapy and needs to do it but the acid reflux is very bad too. What do you think?
Regards,
Gai

Yes, you can change the form of vitamin C and it will help those who are suffering this problem.. - there is a topic at our forum archive
"What cured my GERD" - http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11177 The gist is that the problem is the top of esophagus, which unlike the stomach, is not "acid ready." Those who have the burning with ascorbic acid should take at least half the vitamin C as sodium ascorbate (at the same time) to reduce the acidity down the throat. And you can simply use common backing soda - as Linus Pauling himself did, add a teaspoon of sodiu bicarbonate (baking soda) to the Cardio-C or whatever you are taking, that will turn some into sodium ascorbate, reduce the acidity and help with the GERD.

Good news on the Lp(a). Who measured it and what were the numbers? Thank you.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Problem with Acid Reflux Taking Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by exitium » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:25 am

I would also get tested for H. Pylori to rule it out, insidious little bug often ignored by docs.

tangy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by tangy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:59 pm

I am assuming you are supplementing with powdered Vitamin C, try giving capsules a shot. Start with one capsule at a time and then increase it gradually. Taking large amounts of C will generally give you stomach related issues.

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by skwoodwiva » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:28 pm

I have flatulence on VC but no heart burn.

I know most will poo poo what I am going say.

I am a blood type O and any time I go astray to grains, sugar or other carbs, I get heart burn.

For an O the blood type diet (ERFYBT) is grossly like Paleo.

What does anyone have to lose but knowing their blood type and trying it.
I got results in less then a month as to heart burn. Scared of being a fool for a little bit of time...

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”