Problem with Acid Reflux Taking Pauling Therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Problem with Acid Reflux Taking Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:39 am

My husband recently started the Pauling Therapy and previously he had acid reflux. He seems to be having a bad time right now with the acid reflux. We have been taking a lot of supplements for years but because of being recently diagnosed with an enlarged heart and high LP(a) I found and we read Practicing Medicine With Out A License. We decided the therapy would be the only way to reduce the high LP(a) and in 3 months it was reduced by half. Our question is would the high amount of Vitamin C contribute to the acid reflux? If so, this would be a two edged sword for him because he is sold on the therapy and needs to do it but the acid reflux is very bad too. What do you think?
Regards,
Gai

Yes, you can change the form of vitamin C and it will help those who are suffering this problem.. - there is a topic at our forum archive
"What cured my GERD" - http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11177 The gist is that the problem is the top of esophagus, which unlike the stomach, is not "acid ready." Those who have the burning with ascorbic acid should take at least half the vitamin C as sodium ascorbate (at the same time) to reduce the acidity down the throat. And you can simply use common backing soda - as Linus Pauling himself did, add a teaspoon of sodiu bicarbonate (baking soda) to the Cardio-C or whatever you are taking, that will turn some into sodium ascorbate, reduce the acidity and help with the GERD.

Good news on the Lp(a). Who measured it and what were the numbers? Thank you.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Problem with Acid Reflux Taking Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by exitium » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:25 am

I would also get tested for H. Pylori to rule it out, insidious little bug often ignored by docs.

tangy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by tangy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:59 pm

I am assuming you are supplementing with powdered Vitamin C, try giving capsules a shot. Start with one capsule at a time and then increase it gradually. Taking large amounts of C will generally give you stomach related issues.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by skwoodwiva » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:28 pm

I have flatulence on VC but no heart burn.

I know most will poo poo what I am going say.

I am a blood type O and any time I go astray to grains, sugar or other carbs, I get heart burn.

For an O the blood type diet (ERFYBT) is grossly like Paleo.

What does anyone have to lose but knowing their blood type and trying it.
I got results in less then a month as to heart burn. Scared of being a fool for a little bit of time...

Frank51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by Frank51 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:00 pm

exitium wrote:I would also get tested for H. Pylori to rule it out, insidious little bug often ignored by docs.

I got tested for H. Pylori back quite a few years ago because I was having trouble with acid reflux. The doctor prescribed ivermectin to treat it and that ended my acid reflux for awhile but it came back. Recently I got a tube of apple flavored horse wormer that was 1.87% ivermectin and took the tube over about a weeks time. No more acid reflux or heart burn since.

EdieGlass

Post Number:#6  Post by EdieGlass » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:24 pm

I too have a lot of stomach problems (mostly GERD) with Vitamin C. I have been tested for H. Pylori and others and all comes up negative. I believe that all of my supplements create problems but particularly the C. Is it okay to take Magnesium Ascorbate rather than Sodium Ascorbate? That's what I've been doing.

Also, I just heard you are supposed to take Lysine on an empty stomach. I think this will make my GERD worse. Is it okay to take it with food and just take a high amount? Is it okay to mix Lysine with Proline? Sorry there are just not enough hours in the day to separate anything. Any advice appreciated. I have already reduced my LP(a) significantly but I have a ways to go.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:13 am

Good news on lowering your Lp(a).

Everything I think I know about GERD revolves around maintaining a healthy level of stomach acid.

Most people with GERD do the opposite, try to reduce their stomach acids. The food is not digested properly, specifically proteins are not digested into amino acids, zinc is not absorbed, etc., and then the contents of the stomach tend to back up into the throat - causing the burning.

The Celery juice "miracle" apparently has to do with increasing the quantity and quality of stomach acids. (I remember that a forum member reported that his GERD went away after starting the celery juice program.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:38 am

The "other worldly" knowledge, shared through the Medical Medium book series, provides advice on preventing and treating GERD. While most of the Medical Medium books explain the how and why so many people are chronically ill, the book LIFE CHANGING FOODS is the How To" and perhaps the most important. It is the guide, perhaps of ancienct genetic engineering, on the architecture of various foods, and how to use them to affect various conditions.

With respect to GERD, in addition to celery juice, the advanced knowledge informs us that "leafy green vegetables" are perhaps the most important factor in eliminating GERD

Leafy Greens such as lettuce, spinach, Swiss chard, mache, and watercress....praise.. for the power they hold to restore your health..

Numerous others (are discussed elsewhere) e.g. kale, collard greens, mustard greens, and arugula... radish greens, dandelion greens, parsley and cilantro.

Over time, leafy greens are wonderful healers of intestinal disorders. They help create a more alkaline stomach composition by raising beneficial hydrochloric acid levels, which in turns kills off the unproductive bacteria that create the bad acids repsonsible for GERD and other forms of acid reflux. One of the specific types of bacteria that leafty greens reduce is H. pylori, which is often responsible for stomach ulcers.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

walt50050
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#9  Post by walt50050 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:15 am

Anyone tried Pauling Therapy Juice

1 litre Orange Juice

50 grams of pesonal choice of Vitamin C

50 grams Lysine

50 grams Taurine

50 Grams Proline

Mix into about Litre of orange juice

for use, use approximately 20ml of the juice for 50 servings

Should give a combined total of 3 grams protein (1g of each protein used)

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by pamojja » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:07 pm

Don't do. Above advise has no rational. Vitamin C is much too less - acccording to Linus Pauling who recommended between 6 and 18g per day - and the little vitamin C in the orange juice will be degrated in few hours.

walt50050
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#11  Post by walt50050 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:04 pm

pamojja wrote:Don't do. Above advise has no rational. Vitamin C is much too less - acccording to Linus Pauling who recommended between 6 and 18g per day - and the little vitamin C in the orange juice will be degrated in few hours.

Okay we can adjust the recipe

1 litre orange juice
100 gram Vitamin C
100 gram Lysine

20ml shot = 2 grams Vitamin C and Lysine per 20ml shot

twice a day for 4 grams of each

Helps people who can't tolerate pills/capsules

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by pamojja » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:23 pm

Again, your ratio between vitamin C and lysine is completely off from what Linus Pauling advised. What do yoü want to accomplish with that? It wont ever prevent CVD.

Ascorbic acid is degrated within hours desolved in water. Makes absolutely no sence to preper for a month. Unless one wants the vitamin C wasted.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”