Reason for Adding Vitamin K to the Pauling Therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Reason for Adding Vitamin K to the Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#16  Post by pamojja » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Good to hear they use the right kind with that rather low dose.

And thanks for making my aware that Jarrow is selling from inside the EU too. Because with some supplements had costly interference by customs.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#17  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:33 pm

ofonorow wrote:We are not vitamin K experts. All I know is that both my wife and I take Super-K - and neither of us has any calcium in our arteries. Zero.

Did you ever have calcium in your arteries?

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#18  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:03 am

Yes I would like to hear that answer

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#19  Post by skwoodwiva » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Does anybody know what happen about the study that was due out this year. Mk7 only all trans, 360 mcg dose.
I think CAC was included.

I can find nothing:-)

Kina
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#20  Post by Kina » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:07 am

A test of a variety of Vitamin K2 capsules/tablets was done a few years back. Some had NO K2, some a lot less than stated, and a few the correct amount. BUT if you are really concerned about getting real K2 then you can make your own NATTO, it is quite easy, but...well its an acquired smell and taste.
There are a number of 'supplements' now shown to have meaningful anti cancer/cancer killing properties.
The anti cancer/cancer killing additions to Vitamin C that I take on a regular basis are
Ashwaghana (Withania somnifera), kills cancer cells in a number of way, improves effect of cancer treatment (found in Green Tea)
Theanine among other benefits its a glutamine antagonist - so for those on a Ketogenic diet it also helps starve cancer cells,
Niacin (nicotinic acid),
Gamma Vitamin E
Melatonin - inhibit cancer growth, among many other benefits, including communication between gut and liver.
Mini aspirin - can help fight cancer, among cardio benefits for those at risk.
AND now will add -
Dehydroascorbic Acid - once in a while for is different path of Vitamin C absorbtion and ability to cross blood brain barrier.
AND - when they are ready I will also make some more batches of ...
6-Shogaol (from fresh ginger) - I saw a research paper that described how they produced it, and I have done it a few times now. Its a doozy of a cancer killer (10,000 times more effective than a standard chemo drug) WHEN you can get it in contact with cancer cells. (So will try make a Liposomal version of it in due course.)
https://scholar.google.com.au/scholar?q ... i=scholart

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#21  Post by ofonorow » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:21 am

I thought this story was already in this thread.. How we discovered that Vitamin K is required in ADDITION to the basic Pauling therapy for calcification, commonly arteriosclerosis.

Probably worth repeating the story of the late William Decker, Founder and CEO of Tower Laboratories. Decker was an entrepreneur. He knew Linus Pauling, and after a get together, Pauling himself briefed Decker on "Lp(a)" - So important did Pauling feel the discovery was, that Decker burned the term Lp(a) into his brain. Pauling had told him that if the experiments they were then running at his Institute panned out, it would mean the end of cardiovascular disease. (The experiments did pan out - the Lp(a) in the guinea pigs deprived of vitamin C did become elevated).

With Lp(a) burned into his brain, he started thinking about products at some point - because he wanted vitamin C and lysine for himself. (He had contacted Mathias Rath's group, willing to purchase from them, but they told him the reason they had such small amounts of nutrients in their products was because their target market, medical doctors, wouldn't purchase products with higher amounts.) At that point, he decided to form Tower Laboratories. Decker saw our ad for the Linus Pauling video on heart disease in a national publication, and we became partners and friends. His drink mix idea made sense, rather than all the pills. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Decker had a fast CT-SCan after several years taking his own Heart Technology. A friend had invented a new type of fast CT-scan and offered to "test" how well Decker's Heart Technology product was working. Decker eagerly took the test, and was shocked by an ultra high calcium score. Shaken, he immediately checked himself into a hospital for an angiogram. The cardiologist told him that his arteries were clear and wide open! No blockages - even with the shockingly high Fast-CT score.

What was going on? We surmised that unlike the ordinary cholesterol (Lp(a)) based plaque that grows inside arteries, calcium must deposit mostly on the outside of our "pipes" (arteries). We also surmised that vitamin C and lysine are unlikely to have a great affect on calcium build-ups, Furthermore, that even though an artery can have a high calcium score (the calcium) this won't necessarly inhibit blood flow, however, calcium can make arteries "stiff" and thus keep the arteries from dilating properly - leading to high blood pressures, and possibly an MI if a clot develops.

A few years later, Decker and I attended a natural health conference. We both had CardioVision tests for arterial stiffness. The first year, mine was normal, but Decker's was again "off the charts" stiff. I had just read the life extension article (circa year 2000) on vitamin K, and its effect moving calcium from soft tissues into bone, and suggested he try vitamin K.

A year later, same conference, after he had been taking vitamin K for a year (low 150 mcg dose), we both had the same CardioVision arterial stiffness test redone. His score and reduced to normal and was then low and equivalent to mine. The only thing he changed that year was adding vitamin K.

This is where our understanding comes from re: vitamin K, arterial (soft tissue) calcification, and that vitamin C and lysine alone will not affect calcium at least in certain individuals, even on a very high PT dose.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#22  Post by AngieLynn » Fri May 24, 2019 10:41 am

So Owen and others, which K2 product is best? I need one that's gluten and dairy free. I'm currently using Life Extension's Super K, but is that enough to get the results? It currently has:

Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione) 1500 mcg

Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-4) 1000 mcg

Vitamin K2 (as all-trans menaquinone-7) 100 mcg

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#23  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 26, 2019 7:40 am

This is pamojja's post on reversing calcium https://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14226
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”