PT/High Vitamin C Reverses Aortic Aneurysm and helps patient avoid surgery

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Jack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PT/High Vitamin C Reverses Aortic Aneurysm and helps patient avoid surgery

Post Number:#31  Post by Jack » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:09 am

I am taking per day: Aspirin@100mg; V-K2@360mcg+V-D3@3000IU (Natural Factors); Niacin@2,000mcg (Life Extension). Any dangerous interaction on them?

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#32  Post by tjohnson_nb » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:45 am

2000 mcg? That's only 2 mg, possibly you mean 2000 mg? I have no idea about what aspirin might interact with.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

Jack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#33  Post by Jack » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:37 am

RatherBeUnknown wrote:
ChuckArbogast wrote:RatherBeUnknown,
I don't want to hijack this thread, but you suggest taking vitamin B3 (nicotinic acid). Is there recommended dosage and is there brand you recommend?

Thanks,
Chuck

I use Swanson's because they're cheapest, and there's no reason to buy expensive nicotinic acid since its bioavailability is very great. Dosages range from 500mg to 3g-4g (3g-4g is therapeutic dosage but smaller dosages also have therapeutic effects to some degree) a day, but rather than over the course of the day it should be morning or evening, or morning and evening, because the liver needs time to rest from its effects (it reduces liver's release of triglycerides..).
Don't buy into the slow or extended release, or any of the exotic varieties, just get plain unadulterated flush-inducing nicotinic acid.

Hi Unknown, I am now per day taking:

LP formula - 7 gram of V-C and Lysin
2g of Niacin
360mcg of K2 / 1000IU of D3

You recon I could dump aspirin and statin? Which I really reluctant to take! (... I got blockages in my arteries)
Also, what you think if I just buy my own V-C and Lysin and do my own mix? I found the prepared LP mix are very expensive.

Thanks.
Jack

David T

Post Number:#34  Post by David T » Wed May 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Hi Greg,

I have been on the Pauling therapy for 57 days, with ascorbic acid 10g to 12 g + lysine 5-6g and some proline per day, my CT scan showed that the thorasic aorta aneurysm had increased by 1mm after 6 months. Frankly i am skeptical on the increased as the previous reading was done at another place.
Can you tell me what was your Cardio C dosages like?; and did you take anything else besides Cardio C?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#35  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 23, 2021 12:05 pm

Those last posts were more than 5 years ago. Thank you for a nice walk down memory lane.

Usually, the amounts of the PT you are taking (10+ g vitamin C, 5-6 lysine) work wonders, but we are all different and there are people who require up to 30 grams of vitamin C daily to reach their "bowel tolerance." And the PT is specifically for "treating" and lowering a unique form of cholesterol, Lp(a), that leads to atherosclerotic plaques in humans.

In theory, arteries become weak (leading to aneurysms) from a lack of collagen. Vitamin C is required for the body to manufacture its collagen, (out of lysine and proline by the way!) We have been encouraged by the reports like the one that began this thread, and scientific studies that have shown the value of vitamin C in reducing aneurysms.

If you don't know your vitamin C bowel tolerance, it is worth trying to determine the amount of vitamin C your body requires. The more you can take without getting diarrhea, the more good it is doing for your body.

Everything else is probably secondary, but Linus Pauling recommended 400-800 IU Vitamin E, one or two Super B complexes, 25,000 IU Vitamin A for a reason. (Your lysine should be sufficient.)

Additionally, CQ10 is important, vitamin D3 (especially from direct sunlight) is important, and new knowledge that I admit, i don't fully understand or yet completely believe is that without glucose , (NOT table sugar which is sucrose), that without glucose, no nutrient is absorbed and turned into a form that the body can utilize. (My interpretation is that this is because of the function of insulin, which the pancreas releases as glucose levels rise in the blood stream.)

What does this mean? My speculation is that perhaps the reason such large dosages of vitamin C are required for beneficial effects, MAY be due to the fact that large doses are required in some people to fool the pancreas into releasing insulin. (Dr. Levy has shared studies showing that insulin can be released only taking vitamin C.)

In my case, now, rather than being frightened into not taking glucose with my vitamin C, I have purchased NOW Foods glucose (dextrose) which I add to my Cardio-C/Heart Technology. This is a personal experiment to see whether I could reduce that approximately 18 grams of vitamin C I used to take regularly.

I am taking less vitamin C, 4-8 grams, and I am well and feel great. This is not conclusive. Know that the source behind this idea recommends eating fruits - where all the minerals, vitamin C and phyto-nutrients are already "bound" to the glucose. Nowhere does this source recommend what I am doing, but it makes sense. REF: Medical Medium (by Anthony Williams).

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

David T

Post Number:#36  Post by David T » Sun May 30, 2021 7:12 am

ofonorow wrote:Those last posts were more than 5 years ago. Thank you for a nice walk down memory lane.

Usually, the amounts of the PT you are taking (10+ g vitamin C, 5-6 lysine) work wonders, but we are all different and there are people who require up to 30 grams of vitamin C daily to reach their "bowel tolerance." And the PT is specifically for "treating" and lowering a unique form of cholesterol, Lp(a), that leads to atherosclerotic plaques in humans.

In theory, arteries become weak (leading to aneurysms) from a lack of collagen. Vitamin C is required for the body to manufacture its collagen, (out of lysine and proline by the way!) We have been encouraged by the reports like the one that began this thread, and scientific studies that have shown the value of vitamin C in reducing aneurysms.

If you don't know your vitamin C bowel tolerance, it is worth trying to determine the amount of vitamin C your body requires. The more you can take without getting diarrhea, the more good it is doing for your body.

Everything else is probably secondary, but Linus Pauling recommended 400-800 IU Vitamin E, one or two Super B complexes, 25,000 IU Vitamin A for a reason. (Your lysine should be sufficient.)

Additionally, CQ10 is important, vitamin D3 (especially from direct sunlight) is important, and new knowledge that I admit, i don't fully understand or yet completely believe is that without glucose , (NOT table sugar which is sucrose), that without glucose, no nutrient is absorbed and turned into a form that the body can utilize. (My interpretation is that this is because of the function of insulin, which the pancreas releases as glucose levels rise in the blood stream.)

What does this mean? My speculation is that perhaps the reason such large dosages of vitamin C are required for beneficial effects, MAY be due to the fact that large doses are required in some people to fool the pancreas into releasing insulin. (Dr. Levy has shared studies showing that insulin can be released only taking vitamin C.)

In my case, now, rather than being frightened into not taking glucose with my vitamin C, I have purchased NOW Foods glucose (dextrose) which I add to my Cardio-C/Heart Technology. This is a personal experiment to see whether I could reduce that approximately 18 grams of vitamin C I used to take regularly.

I am taking less vitamin C, 4-8 grams, and I am well and feel great. This is not conclusive. Know that the source behind this idea recommends eating fruits - where all the minerals, vitamin C and phyto-nutrients are already "bound" to the glucose. Nowhere does this source recommend what I am doing, but it makes sense. REF: Medical Medium (by Anthony Williams).

Thank you Ascorbate Wizard for your informative reply.
My atrial fibrillation is completely cured by the PT (doctor and EKG confirmed) though.
I have now yank up my daily oral intake of Vit-C to 20 - 24 g. Still trying to reach bowel tolerance - within the time space of a day.
Have also started intravenous Vit-C of 25 g once per week. Hope this is not detrimental

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#37  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 31, 2021 10:07 am

Great news. If you are brave, you might consider the NOW foods dextrose idea, adding it to the drink, and see whether that lowers your bowel tolerance, i.e. whether you need less vitamin C in conjunction with glucose.

I can see no problem what-so-ever with weekly IV/C, (other than perhaps nipping any cancers in the bud-). And the docs usually add some nice nutrients, such as magnesium, B-complex, b12, zinc - and EDTA certainly doesn't hurt.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

David T

Post Number:#38  Post by David T » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:12 pm

ofonorow wrote:Great news. If you are brave, you might consider the NOW foods dextrose idea, adding it to the drink, and see whether that lowers your bowel tolerance, i.e. whether you need less vitamin C in conjunction with glucose.

I can see no problem what-so-ever with weekly IV/C, (other than perhaps nipping any cancers in the bud-). And the docs usually add some nice nutrients, such as magnesium, B-complex, b12, zinc - and EDTA certainly doesn't hurt.

Wizard, i am still researching on the dextrose and insulin ideas.
Yes, i am also take the Vit A, E and Bs as according to Dr. Pauling's doses.
Yes, my doc adds a bit of Bs into the Vit C IV as well. Another tread in this forum (Dilated Aorta) seems to recommend a more aggressive IV approach: 30g x 3 times per week.
Hope what i am doing will be able to show some dilation reduction in November.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#39  Post by pamojja » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:37 pm

David T wrote:Wizard, i am still researching on the dextrose and insulin ideas.

You better do that very thouroughly. It could kill you very fast with aortic aneurysm.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#40  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:30 am

Evidence?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#41  Post by pamojja » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:29 am

ofonorow wrote:Evidence?

The usual high mortality of aortic aneurysms on a usually recommended high glucose low fat diet is the evidence.

What is yours? Beyond beliefs?

David T

Post Number:#42  Post by David T » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:58 am

ofonorow wrote:Great news. If you are brave, you might consider the NOW foods dextrose idea, adding it to the drink, and see whether that lowers your bowel tolerance, i.e. whether you need less vitamin C in conjunction with glucose.

Ascorbate Wizard,
What do you think about supplementing Glycine as well for creating more collagen? And what is the dose?
Given that glycine production drops as we aged.

David T

Post Number:#43  Post by David T » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:00 pm

David T wrote:

Ascorbate Wizard,
What do you think about supplementing Glycine as well for creating more collagen? And what is the dose?

Interesting write up on Glycine deficiency: https://rosemarycottageclinic.co.uk/blo ... h-glycine/

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#44  Post by pamojja » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:55 pm

David T wrote:Interesting write up on Glycine deficiency: https://rosemarycottageclinic.co.uk/blo ... h-glycine/

Interesting article. Together with Trimethlglycine-intake I already supplement 5.6g glycine per day, plus 2.8g from diet.

Can't agree with everything. Especially this had me really stunned:

Glutathione is synthesised from the amino acids glutamate, cysteine, and glycine, but studies have shown that the rate of synthesis is primarily determined by levels of glycine in the tissue. If there is insufficient glycine available the glutathione precursor molecules are excreted in the urine. Vegetarians excrete 80% more of these precursors than their omnivore counterparts indicating a more limited ability to complete the synthesis process. [McCarthy et al, 2018]

Usually cysteine is considered the rate-limiting component. Indeed if reading the linked actual study it says:

Hence, joint supplementation with NAC and glycine could be expected to collaborate in stimulating glutathione production. In the previously cited clinical study,9 the elderly subjects received 100 mg/kg of both NAC and glycine for 14 days, and their red blood cell total glutathione levels (reduced glutathione plus diglutathione) rose from 1.26 mmol/L at baseline to 2.23 mmol/L, a concentration slightly higher than that measured in young subjects who did not take supplements.9

100 mg/kg of NAC and glycine amounts to 7g of each. While I already do get more than that glycine for almost 13 years, that much NAC has never been tested long term. Usual long-term doses go up to 1.8g. There is the well-known theoretical concern from rodent studies of pulmonary hypertension at about double that (not yet replicated in humans).

Additonal NAC also has bio-film disrupting properties. About which I'm not concerned about much at the usual doses, additionally the mucous membranes of the intestines are one of the fastest regenerating cells in the human body. But constant repeatedly that high doses? - I wouldn't be sure about its harmlessness and its impact on the microbiome again.

Since I only got about 0.8g of cysteine from my diet per day. NAC above 1.8 g really not long-term safe, its clearly still cysteine which is the foremost rate-limiting component in glutathione synthesis. Long before the bottleneck due to glycine appears.

In this case I would rather add up more supplemental cysteine and cystine (the form usually found in diet) before increasing NAC above its known safe upper long-term intake.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#45  Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:16 am

Ascorbate Wizard,

This question triggers new-found knowledge in Dr. Jerry Tennant's landmark HEALING IS VOLTAGE handbook. Tennant informs us that fluoride damages collagen, to such a degree, that antibiotics containing fluoride, e.g. Cipro, must now have FDA warnings because so many Achilles tendons have ruptured after people take these antibiotics.

With fluoride added to the water supply, one must filter the water, e.g. Berkey Filters, to remove it, and make sure any bottle water is fluoride free. (We also learn that fluoride binds more tightly to T3 (thyroid hormone) than iodine, creating faulty T3 and making most Americans hypothyroid.)

In the Handbook, Dr. Tennant has an excellent chapter on heart disease, which is one of the most remarkable I have ever read. (We're seeking permission to reproduce and post on our web site(s). He introduces the Tennant Theory of Heart Disease, almost identical to Pauling's, only missing the knowledge of Lp(a) and how lysine blocks it in the blood stream. Tennant realizes that heart disease is caused by "weakness" in a particular part of the arterial tissue, any considers plaques "gummy patches" that form to plug holes in the arteries. His primary recommendation is vitamin C! His detailed discussion of the cardiovascular science is impeccable and he recommends not taking statins for any reason!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”