Serrapeptase, Nattokinase and Pycnogenol with Plavix

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Serrapeptase, Nattokinase and Pycnogenol with Plavix

Post Number:#1  Post by lolex » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi All,

There have been a few threads about Serrapeptase and Natto in the last year.

I 'discovered' serrapeptase via a different source. It seems like an excellent supplement for someone like me who had a By Pass two years ago, has some minor emphysematic scarring of my lungs (ex-smoker) and (I think) some fibrosis issues in the nether parts.

I have added a conservative 1 pill of Doctor'd Best Natto-Serra (40,000SPU and 2,000FU) to my supplement regime. And one capsule of Life Extension's Prelox that includes an unspecified amount of Pycnogenol.

Because pycnogenol, serrapeptase and nattokinase are all said to affect platelet coagulation, or 'thin' the blood - I have cut back my Plavix to one 75mg every other day(every second day).... (after reading a whole bunch of PubMed papers). I don't want to give myself a stroke.

I know Johnwen has some interest in Serrapeptase via his Wife's COPD. And I think that I remember that quite a few people are pretty sceptical about Plavix.

Any info or advice would be welcome, please.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Serrapeptase, Nattokinase and Pycnogenol with Plavix

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:01 pm

First of all I would have a talk with your doc about changing your dosing schedule of Plavix.
I believe the best way to take these two substances together would be to take the Plavix in the Am and take the Natto-Serra about 30 min. or so after your evening meal.
Although the interaction of these two is considered Moderate, in general it’s not a severe reaction. Most of the time those Hematomas (black and blue blotches) that appear after bumping or banging something when on anti-platelets, start showing up for no reason. Which is a sign these two are working too good together. If there just mild and here and there most of the time your doc will discard them as normal for these drugs. However if they appear in larger areas, less likely to impacts, such as the side of your torso corrective action maybe needed. So it’s just a wait and observe type of a deal but if severe reactions such as shortness of breath, a bloody nose or leaking of blood anywhere get medical help ASAP!

Along with what your taking you should also add some NAC (N-Acetylcysteine). They usually come in Caps of @600mg. 2 a day would be the best amount. What this does is lower the symptoms of what’s going on in your lungs as while as break up some of the crude!
I got a couple of links that will help you understand it’s actions. NAC doesn’t mess with Plavix so No Problems on when to take it!

First here’s the definition of the word “exacerbations” which is used quite a bit in these articles. Notice it says “prevents it!”

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/exacerbation

Now Plavix and NAC

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16209984

NAC’s actions

http://err.ersjournals.com/content/24/137/451

Hope this Helps!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”