German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

Post Number:#181  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:44 am

The only thing we know from experimental science is that Lp(a) becomes elevated in the absence of sufficient vitamin C. I don't know of any experiments that show Lp(a) decreases after sufficient vitamin C is introduced. There is the early "Reversibility" experiments by Willis, starting with https://vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs/WillisAthero106.pdf that showed in guinea pigs, that CVD can be reversed by introducing vitamin C back into the guinea pig's diet. This implies a reduction in apo(a) (lp(a)). We have the New York Medical professor's experience (after adding proline) and our anecdotal evidence from this forum.

Does the Lp(a) test include the particle size? Small Lp(a) are more atherogenic (dangerous) than larger molecules. And if you Lp(a) is remaining elevated, all the more reason to keep taking the Pauling/Rath Lp(a) binding inhibitors, e.g. vit C, lysine and proline.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

Post Number:#182  Post by Frodo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:35 am

Johnwen
Perhaps it‘s proline. I‘d like to know how much proline you think I should take. I had my proline value measured 6 months ago. It was 212 nmol/ml and in the middle of the reference range (97-330).
I hope you‘ll give me an answer. Thanks.

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”