German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

Post Number:#136  Post by Frodo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:13 am

Again about homocysteine. I know, an increase has a biochemical cause, which you can fix yourself. Possible causes are B6-, B12-, methylfolate and/or choline defiences. Due to gene polymorphism the conversion into 5-MTHF can be the case with me (like many other people). So I'll try to take 5-HTMF (5-methyl-tetrahydrofolate) again. Because I wouldn't like to take infusions every week. Of course in addition to my vitamin c dose. My B6 and B12 values are high enough, very high. So that's why they can't be the cause.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#137  Post by Frodo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:37 pm

I have just received an interesting article about htmfr:
https://thyroidpharmacist/articles/mthf ... nutrients/
Perhaps you'd like to read it.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#138  Post by Frodo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#139  Post by Frodo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:52 am

ofonorow wrote:
cholesterol 247 mg/dl,
Ideally, with the optimum vitamin C intake that number would be closer to 180 mg/dl. So a guess is that there is still some "fire" in your system that needs to be put out with even more "water" (vitamin C.)

The understanding is that the body produces cholesterol in response to toxins - as part of the general detox system... Have we discussed your mouth before? Do you have mercury amalgams/root canals?

As far as lowering already elevated Lp(a) - there aren't any experiments that I am aware of showing you can lower Lp(a), only that it becomes elevated when vitamin C is lacking (Pauling/Rath). We have anecdotal reports from this forum, such as myself, johnwen, etc. whose Lp(a) is very low after years of high vitamin C and lysine.

I think if you find out what the fire is in your body, and stick with the vitamin C, eventually the Lp(a) will begin to go lower.

Owen
My total cholesterol is 190 mg/dl on average. The last measured value of 247 was therefore an exception for whatever reason. However, it should be noted that my HDL is always very high at around 100 mg/dl. With a "normal" HDL of 50 my total cholesterol would drop to 140 (190 - 50). (Total cholesterol = HDL + LDL + (triglyceride : 5).
The LDL always lays between 80 and 100.

The much more important triglycerides are extremely low at 36 mg/dl. Apo A1 = 184. Apo B = 111. Also very good.
Inflammation markers all extremely low.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#140  Post by Frodo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:05 pm

I did the Jaffe test again. And I needed 39 grams C. That's a little more than the last test. The cause could be problems with my thyroid gland. But OK, then I'll take 29 grams now.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#141  Post by Frodo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:56 pm

Owen
I'm reading right now Steve Hickey's Ascorbate. And I found on page 138 this:
"For example, a daily one gram dose of vitamin C was shown to increase blood cholesterol in patients with atherosclerosis. Initially, this rise was supposed to be wholly due to removal of cholesterol from the arterial walls and plaques, and the suggestion wad made that, in this case, the risk of heart attack would be reduced as blood cholesterol rose".
I'm not afraid of cholesterol, on the contrary. But maybe this is the cause for my increased cholesterol level.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#142  Post by Frodo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:41 am

With post 91 I asked whether magnesium stearates in tablets or capsules are questionable. I was worried about taking a few tablets and capsules daily. In German internet forums it has been discusses critically. On Andrew Saul's doctoryourself.com I have now found a clear answer to this question.
www.doctoryourself.com/mg_stearate.html

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#143  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:46 am

Thanks for that link, Frodo.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#144  Post by ofonorow » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 am

Frodo wrote:Owen
"For example, a daily one gram dose of vitamin C was shown to increase blood cholesterol in patients with atherosclerosis. Initially, this rise was supposed to be wholly due to removal of cholesterol from the arterial walls and plaques, and the suggestion wad made that, in this case, the risk of heart attack would be reduced as blood cholesterol rose".
I'm not afraid of cholesterol, on the contrary. But maybe this is the cause for my increased cholesterol level.

Terrific book, and one that every high school student, or at least high school science student should read to learn the scientific method. I will review page 138 and get back to you. Our experience is with adding a Lp(a) binding inhibitor, such as lysine (or proline) which works to dissolve plaques - thus increasing blood cholesterol levels. (This from the Pauling/Rath transplant patent - dipping organ transplants in vitamin C/lysine bathes to remove plaques before the transplant.) http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=5230996.PN.&OS=PN/5230996&RS=PN/5230996
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#145  Post by Frodo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:34 pm

zarfas wrote:
ofonorow wrote:
Frodo wrote:Owen

Im gonna get that book

keep up the good work

"Linus Pauling's specific therapy for cardiovascular and heart diseases are high dosages of two essential nutrients; vitamin C and the amino acid lysine.

Vitamin C is required to strengthen arteries so that the body does not try to patch arteries with "plaster casts" (atherosclerosis).

Lysine is an Lp(a) binding inhibitor, meaning at sufficient dosage it can reverse the plaster cast build-up (atherosclerotic plaques.) Lp(a) is the sticky form of LDL cholesterol that Pauling/Rath identified as the primary risk factor."
http://www.paulingtherapy.com/

get your lysine/proline(eggwhites)
vit C
and I think added to PT is vit K2
and dr levy says get tons of'
Magnessium
vit C
vit k2
proper amounts of vit D( to get your blood level to...I'm not sure what level

I've been taking all this for a long time. C, lysine and proline in high doses for about a year. At the moment I take 26 grams C, 9 grams lysine, 1,5 grams proline, 200 ug K2-MK7, 80.000-100.000 IU vitamin D/weekly, 9 grams arginine, 3 grams citrulline, taurine, Q10/ubiquinol, 800 IU vitamin E complex (tocopherole and tocotrienole), 30.000 IU vitamin A, B complex, pycnogenol and so on.
My vitamin D value is 90 ng/ml.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#146  Post by Frodo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Of course magnesium. 2 grams daily.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#147  Post by Frodo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:41 pm

zarfas wrote:
Frodo wrote:Of course magnesium. 2 grams daily.

2 grams of MG?

so you must have incredible bowel movement s?

so what's going on?
do you have low Lpa?

what's your BMI or bodyfat?
what kinda food are you eating in your diet?
how often do you eat?

Zarfas
A lot of questions :-)
1. I've no problems with magnesium
2. My lp(a) is at the moment around 100 nmol (ref.value 75 nmol)
3. BMI: 19
4. Body fat: 8%
5. Since around 8 years I eat "paleo"
6. I eat when I feel hungry

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#148  Post by Frodo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:13 pm

I was/am an ultra runner. 100 kilometers and more. And collapsed dead in a competition on a short distance (10 km), about 2 years ago. After 10 minutes of reanimation I was back in life. I didn't like heaven.
I ate mostly carbohydrates for many years and obviously I didn't get ebough vitamins and other nutrients. Due to the sport I consumed even more of them. According to Matthias Rath and LP, I think that's the reason for my heart disease and my lp(a).
I didn't and I don't eat a lot of meat. But I have no doubt that the nutrients in the meat have great meaning (you can find a lot of informations in Nina Teichholz's wonderful book "The Big Fat Surprise"- also about the tiny study of Dean Ornish - or Joseph Mercolas "Fat for Fuel" or Gary Taubes "Good Calories - Bad Calories or Robert Lustig's "Fat Chance").
But I prefer fish at least three times a week. A lot of "greens". No refined carbohydrates. Little fruits. I measure regular and fill up with supplements.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#149  Post by Frodo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:18 am

zarfas
Thanks for your advice, but I have no interest in mcdougualls or starch or vegetarian dieting. I feel very good and my blood values are also optimal (except for lp(a).

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#150  Post by Frodo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:51 pm

zarfas
Since starting PT my lp(a) dropped down.Not enough. But I think PT is working. Look at my post number 142 refer to cholesterol. Dr. Rath says it's the same with lp(a). I'll see.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”