Just had heart attack and 3 stents

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Just had heart attack and 3 stents

Post Number:#16  Post by zarfas » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:08 am

ofonorow wrote:If you replace "fat" with "trans fatty acids" in the above paragraph, in my opinion, it would be closer to the truth. See: http://www.healingmatters.com/deception.htm

not really
yes, dont eat trans fats, in my opinion

but a lower fat diet, avoids lots of heatlh issues
that's why Dr mcdougall, ornish, esselstyn talk about low fat diets...not about prevent/reverseing heart disease, but other health issues as well

excample
you want nitric oxide in the body, a high fat diet lowers the NO produced

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Just had heart attack and 3 stents

Post Number:#17  Post by ofonorow » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:09 am

"not really"

Again, words, but based on what? Random thoughts?

The knowledge from Thomas Smith - from STUDYING the literature, (much like Dr. Levy studies the medical literature), is deep. Unlike carbohydrates, the body requires both proteins and fats. Every membrane of every cell in the body is undergoing constant maintenance and repair. If there are healthy fats in the diet, then this repair process create healthy membranes. If the only fats are unnatural trans fatty acids, then these imperfect replacements are used to keep our cells from deflating like balloons. However, the cell membranes become unhealthy, in that the GLUT (normal glucose/Insulin) receptors become "gummed up" leading to elevated blood sugar levels because glucose can not enter cells through these damaged membranes. (It is interesting that following Smith's protocol, the time required for blood sugar to return to normal varies by how many cell membranes need to be repaired.) So if you think of trans fats as "poisons" you are not far off.

But as far as avoiding fats all together, that is impossible given the requirement every cell in your body has for cellular membrane repair.

Long ago, I tried the Pritikin almost no-fat diet, because at that time I believe that this would lower my chance for heart disease. I did lose a ton of weight, even though that was not my intent.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”