Aspirin and PT

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frodo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#31  Post by Frodo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 am

Joanna45 wrote:For me the Pauling therapy is working my lpa is 12 but am still trying to get it lower. They wanted me to take an aspirin also..I do not have any stents though ..so I am not taking aspirin

How long did it take to decrease your Lp(a)? And how much was your value?

Joanna45
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:55 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#32  Post by Joanna45 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:19 am

Frodo
I have been on Pauling Therapy since last June..my Lipoprotein a was above 100 the doctors wouldn't goive me the exact number...2 months ago I had it redone at a private Lab. My doctor would not order it..because he did not want me on the Pauling Therapy..but it was the only thing that worked ..I was quite sick and needed help fast ..so glad I found this site it saved my life..so I'm not sure how long it took for the Lpa to come down but it was that low after 8 months.

Frodo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#33  Post by Frodo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:08 am

Joanna45 wrote:Frodo
I have been on Pauling Therapy since last June..my Lipoprotein a was above 100 the doctors wouldn't goive me the exact number...2 months ago I had it redone at a private Lab. My doctor would not order it..because he did not want me on the Pauling Therapy..but it was the only thing that worked ..I was quite sick and needed help fast ..so glad I found this site it saved my life..so I'm not sure how long it took for the Lpa to come down but it was that low after 8 months.

Today I've got my new blood levels. Lp(a) dropped down to 49 mg/dl. PT works. Since February Lp(a) did decline from 100 to 86, and now 49. Great! Now I'm sure to decrease it lower 10.

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:59 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#34  Post by TommyTurtle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:22 am

So Frodo and Joanna, you are seeing progression declines in Lp(a) and you are staying on the same dose?

Frodo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#35  Post by Frodo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:44 am

TommyTurtle wrote:So Frodo and Joanna, you are seeing progression declines in Lp(a) and you are staying on the same dose?

I don't know the dose of Joanna. I take 10-20 gram C, 6-10 gram Lysine, 1,5-2 gram Proline, 2 gram Niacin (and other nutrients).

Frodo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#36  Post by Frodo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:18 am

Frodo wrote:
TommyTurtle wrote:So Frodo and Joanna, you are seeing progression declines in Lp(a) and you are staying on the same dose?

I don't know the dose of Joanna. I take 10-20 gram C, 6-10 gram Lysine, 1,5-2 gram Proline, 2 gram Niacin (and other nutrients).

I've forgotten: my height = 183 and my weight = 67. I think, that is important, according to johnwen.

Frodo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#37  Post by Frodo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:53 am

Since today I take aspirin 75 mg only every two days. According to the doctor I have asked during my holidays.

Joanna45
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:55 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#38  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:37 am

Tommy ..my dose now is still 2 jars of heart tech from tower labs..6000 vitC and 6000 Lysine and if you look up tower labs you will see the other ingredients also..I was on a higher dose at first I added pure AA and Lysine I got from the health food store my bowel tolerance in the beginning was 14 and as I got better reduced it ...I weigh 122 lbs ..height 5ft 2 in..I'm 71

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:59 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#39  Post by TommyTurtle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:53 am

Thanks Frodo and Joanna. That's very encouraging to me. I'm 62 years old, height 182cm, weight 68 kg. Almost exactly the same as Frodo. After and initial 10 weeks on 5g Vit C and 1.5g Niacin my Lp(a) reduced from 61 to 26 mg/dL. However after a further 10 weeks adding 5g Lysine and 2.5g Proline my Lp(a) rose slightly to 31 mg/dL. Wasn't expecting the increase. I've now doubled three - 10g Vit C, 10g Lysine and 5g Proline whilst keeping Niacin at 1.5g. I'm considering increasing Niacin to 2.0g.

From your reports it's worthwhile taking a more longer term view, as it looks like the body keeps on changing in response over time.

Recently read Thomas Cowan's book Human Heart, Cosmic Heart which also stresses importance of increasing collateral circulation in heart. I've been particularly aggressive in my exercise regime with high intensity interval training, Tabata-style with minimal rests between bursts. Also high intensity strength training with high weight and super slow technique. Challenging body every session and seeing strength gains every week. My bone density is also lowish, not quite in the osteoporosis range, but i need to aintain or even increase (if that is possible).

I'm feeling awesome and wish I'd been following my diet and exercise regime years ago.

Joanna45
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:55 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#40  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 am

Add k2 to your regiment it helps with bone building I also have added 500mg of slo niacin but take it 250 twice a day as taking it all at once make me flush ..and this way I avoid that

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:59 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#41  Post by TommyTurtle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:31 am

Hi Joanna, yes I am taking Vit K2 in both MK4 and MK7 forms. I'm taking the normal Niacin - I find it ok providing i take with meals, so taking 0.5g with lunch and 1.0g with dinner. I don't mind the flush, it reminds me it's working in my body for benefit!

Frodo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#42  Post by Frodo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:18 pm

TommyTurtle wrote:Thanks Frodo and Joanna. That's very encouraging to me. I'm 62 years old, height 182cm, weight 68 kg. Almost exactly the same as Frodo. After and initial 10 weeks on 5g Vit C and 1.5g Niacin my Lp(a) reduced from 61 to 26 mg/dL. However after a further 10 weeks adding 5g Lysine and 2.5g Proline my Lp(a) rose slightly to 31 mg/dL. Wasn't expecting the increase. I've now doubled three - 10g Vit C, 10g Lysine and 5g Proline whilst keeping Niacin at 1.5g. I'm considering increasing Niacin to 2.0g.

From your reports it's worthwhile taking a more longer term view, as it looks like the body keeps on changing in response over time.

Recently read Thomas Cowan's book Human Heart, Cosmic Heart which also stresses importance of increasing collateral circulation in heart. I've been particularly aggressive in my exercise regime with high intensity interval training, Tabata-style with minimal rests between bursts. Also high intensity strength training with high weight and super slow technique. Challenging body every session and seeing strength gains every week. My bone density is also lowish, not quite in the osteoporosis range, but i need to aintain or even increase (if that is possible).

I'm feeling awesome and wish I'd been following my diet and exercise regime years ago.

I'm or better I was a long distance runner and one of the best. In June 2016 I had the heart attack. It's so sad. I took C, Niacin and Lysine since 2011. But it didn't work. Since February I've added Proline, and Lp(a) goes down.
Do you take vit D? I think of course. How much? An what is your blood level? I take 80.000 IU every week. And my blood level is about 100 ng. Very interesting the book of Jeff Bowles. He took 100.000 IU every d a y.

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:59 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#43  Post by TommyTurtle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 pm

I was taking 70,000 IU every week and my blood levels went up to around 165. During summer so was also getting plenty of sun exposure. I've knocked this down to 20,000 IU per week. Trial and error as I would like to maintain at around 150. I'll have to read Jeff Bowles book. Some uncertainty as to whether too high levels are poisonous to system.

Frodo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#44  Post by Frodo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:23 am

TommyTurtle wrote:I was taking 70,000 IU every week and my blood levels went up to around 165. During summer so was also getting plenty of sun exposure. I've knocked this down to 20,000 IU per week. Trial and error as I would like to maintain at around 150. I'll have to read Jeff Bowles book. Some uncertainty as to whether too high levels are poisonous to system.

165 nmol or ng?

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:59 am

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#45  Post by TommyTurtle » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:50 am

My measures are in nmol/L - apologies - the different measurements in different countries can be quite confusing...


Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests