A little disheartened

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

A little disheartened

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:52 am

I never new there was so much negative press against Dr. Rath, i have to admit that scares me when you have people calling him a Quack, Snake oil Salesman...A vitamin Salesman....Does he have any studies that have been actually published in reputable medical journals?
Thanks
Ken

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: A little disheartened

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:40 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:40 pm

Someone posted this article in the Mcdoughall Forum

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/ ... rath.aids2

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 01, 2017 6:39 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:I never new there was so much negative press against Dr. Rath, i have to admit that scares me when you have people calling him a Quack, Snake oil Salesman...A vitamin Salesman....Does he have any studies that have been actually published in reputable medical journals?
Thanks
Ken

I'm sorry, negative press scares you?

Let me dig up an old article.. Once upon a time I was like you, I believed that journalists were ethical and that you could generally believe what you read, hear and see in the news. Initially, (20 years ago now) we spent a great deal of effort trying to crack the dam around the Pauling heart discovery by contacting almost every media outlet/journalist in the country. Needless to say, nary a single story appeared in the major media with the news that Nobelist Linus Pauling had said cardiovascular disease can be "completely controlled, even cured by the proper use of vitamin C and lysine."

Its a little hard to believe that the news is bought and paid for, but that's when we started to notice what was really going on. People do not generally believe advertisements, but they do believe news stories. And we began to notice the strange "news" stories that regularly appeared and were widely picked up. They all had similar characteristics: They were highly slanted in favor of drugs and medications, and highly biased against "potentially dangerous" vitamins. Story after story after story after. (About that time I had lunch with a woman reporter who explained how the CIA used "news" stories to affect public opinion before some kind of foreign policy action. The reporters knew the stories weren't true or were slanted to affect American public opinion, but if they refused to print them, they would lose their government sources. That's when the light went on. Eureka.)

If something makes it into the news - other than obvious disasters and the like - it is to foster a particular agenda. In essence we are all being continually brainwashed that pharmaceutical medicationss (a leading cause of death) are wonder drugs, and vitamins and the like (no deaths) are dangerous snake oil that should be avoided like the plague. I'd like to think the Internet has countered this to some extent, and it is the reason that I have stopped watching or reading news of any kind from the major media outlets.

I wrote this in 2001... http://internetwks.com/owen/fakenews.htm

Actually, the problem is worse than just the continual Big Lie masquerading as news. The targets of the "fake news" campaign, ultimately, are medical doctors. And equally serious problem are fake studies that appear in the news just before a real study.. So the fake "negative" study makes headlines, and the real, thorough study generally favorable to a vitamin and such, is basically ignored. Again, I wrote a paper documented a few cases:

http://internetwks.com/owen/taleoftwo.htm

How this is done, we can only conjecture - but papers have to go out to reviewers... Also, Dr. Hickey told me the story of pushing a small journal to publish his liposomal vitamin C study/data. First accepted, editor stepped down and second editor rejected. Hickey pushed, and the paper was published, but then the journal it self was shut down. This is the power on the other side. Big $$$$$. Our power is in numbers.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by exitium » Mon May 01, 2017 7:14 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:I never new there was so much negative press against Dr. Rath, i have to admit that scares me when you have people calling him a Quack, Snake oil Salesman...A vitamin Salesman....Does he have any studies that have been actually published in reputable medical journals?
Thanks
Ken

Ken, does a published study make something true? Studies take funds, often a lot of funds! There is no money in natural cures, at least not when compared to pharmaceuticals. A healthy population also means less money for doctors, hospitals, insurance companies etc.

If you have a current condition and measurable test results, the answer to your concern is simple. Try Pauling therapy and get tested again in 6 months, let the results speak for themselves.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Mon May 01, 2017 7:27 am

Once in a while: In South Africa Tim Noakes twittered a low-carb advise, for which they wanted his medical license revoked. But in this case it backfired.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/04/30/insulin-resistance-high-carb-low-fat-connection

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:02 am

One fact that can't be disputed, Asians have been.living on white rice for 1000's of years yet had some of the lowest rates of diabetes and heart disease. In fact their diet used to be 90% white rice. Now that they started to eat the standard American diet they have some of the highest rates of diabetes. ..

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by Joanna45 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:08 pm

They eat white rice but they also eat a lot off greens and vegetables and tofu and fermented vegetables which are so good for you..when they come to America they get caught up in fast food restaurants..and the fake food they produce.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:37 pm

I just received Dr. Rath's book why don't animals get heart attacks. He says eat a prudent diet rich in vegetables and fruit and low in fat and high in fiber as well.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Been on vitamin c therapy for 6 weeks and my dam Angina js coming on quicker, not good!!!!

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:28 am

What do think that means when I say I'm on vitamin therapy

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#12  Post by exitium » Tue May 02, 2017 6:46 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:Been on vitamin c therapy for 6 weeks and my dam Angina js coming on quicker, not good!!!!

When people take antibiotics they sometimes feel MUCH worse for a bit. Sometimes when you break a bone you have to get it set causing a lot greater pain.

When I started supplements my afib got worse before it got better. When people start Pauling therapy they often have a rise in cholesterol before it drops.

My point is simple, sometimes you will have a change in symptoms when you start a drug or a supplement.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by pamojja » Tue May 02, 2017 7:31 am

Absolutely don't know if it would help you too. But found out when I take more than 160mg of Ubiquinone (half of that dose with Ubiquinol) my terrible angina-like chest-pains went away.

Are you experience increased stress? - which was my trigger for chest-pains.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#14  Post by Joanna45 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:38 am

Which Vitamin C are you on and how much..

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#15  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:40 am

I don't get chest pain, I never have. My angina is a pressure in my face. ..I used to never feel during sex but now I am for some reason. Anyway I got Dr. Raths book and it exellent so far... going to stay with it for a year at least . Want to stop taking my statin as well. I'm sure my cardiologist won't like that although we did cut it in half while I was on starch solution diet due to a drop of total cholesterol from 168 to 133 in 5 weeks.any way Dr. Rath says many times in this book to eat plants and fiber, I haven' seen where he mentions eating animal protein at all.
Ken

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”