New Here and Need Guidance on Starting Pauling Therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

gut1kor

New Here and Need Guidance on Starting Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by gut1kor » Fri May 26, 2017 12:49 am

Hi,

I am 34 years, 70KG male with hypertension. My BP is usyally 150/100 +/- 10 either side of the reading. All my ECG, ECHO and TMT tests are normal. Doctor put me Amlodipine 5MG for controlling BP. I also checked that my testosterone levels are little lower than the standard limits.

I tested that even at 6000mg of VC (Sodium Ascarbate chewable tablets by Abbot) I couldn't get the bowel movements. I would like to start PT and need to know the below things.

1. How much Vitamin C, L-Proline and L-Lysine should I take every day?
2. Should I take the whole doses at once or any intervals? Before food or after food?
3. How long should I take these?
4. Does this therapy has any negative impact on blood sugar and testosterone?

Please let me know.

Thanks

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: New Here and Need Guidance on Starting Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Fri May 26, 2017 4:00 am

gut1kor wrote:1. How much Vitamin C, L-Proline and L-Lysine should I take every day?
2. Should I take the whole doses at once or any intervals? Before food or after food?

1. Therapeutic dose is higher than maintenance, in average 18 g ascorbic acid, 6 g lysine, and up to 2 g proline each day spread out.
2. Take as powders to avoid unhealthy fillers in a glass of water about 20 minutes before each meal and before going to sleep.
3. Pauling said: do not miss one day! CVD is an old age disease, which when therapy stopped will always come back. Once your condition improved you can lower the doses to maintenance.
4. No

Don't oversee his other recommentations:

How to Live Longer and Feel Better:

• Take vitamin C every day, 6 grams to 18 g (6000 to 18,000 miligrams), or more. Do not miss a single day.
  • Take vitamin E every day, 400 IU, 800 IU, or 1600 IU.
  • Take one or two Super-B tablets every day, to provide good amounts of the B-vitamins.
  • Take 25,000 IU vitamin A tablet every day.
  • Take a mineral supplement every day, such as one tablet of the Bronson vitamin-mineral formula, which provides 100 mg of calcium, 18 mg of iron, 0.15 mg of iodine, 1 mg of copper, 25 mg of magnesium, 3 mg of manganese, 15 mg of zinc, 0.015 mg of molybdenum, 0.015 mg of chromium, and 0.015 mg of selenium.
  • Keep your intake of ordinary sugar (sucrose, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey) to 50 pounds per year, which is half the present U.S. average. Do not add sugar to tea or coffee. Do not eat high-sugar foods. Avoid sweet desserts. Do not drink soft drink.
  • Except for avoiding sugar, eat what you like - but not too much of any one food. Eggs and meat are good foods. Also you should eat some vegetables and fruits. Do not eat so much food as to become obese.
  • Drink plenty of water every day.
  • Keep active; take some exercise. Do not at any time exert yourself physically to an extent far beyond what you are accustomed to.
  • Drink alcoholic beverages only in moderation.
  • Do not smoke cigarettes.
  • Avoid stress. Work at a job that you like. Be happy with your family.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 26, 2017 6:45 am

Excellent pamojja. Thank you.

The book that provides basic knowledge is Linus Pauling's HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER, first published in 1986. (Actually, it was first published in 1970 as VITAMIN C AND THE COMMON COLD.)

However, the discovery and development of the UNIFIED THEORY OF HEART DISEASE occurred around 1990, and the information you seek is available on video of a 93-year old Linus Pauling, and then around 2008, in my book VITAMIN C CURES: Heart Disease (formerly Practicing Medicine Without A License). Coming soon to http://vitaminccures.com

There is a free download of the protocol (Chapter 7). http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/

To your questions:

1. How much Vitamin C, L-Proline and L-Lysine should I take every day?

According to the Linus Pauing video lecture:

Prevention: 2-3 grams of vitamin C and Lysine
Therapeutic 5-6 grams of vitamin C and Lysine

I noticed over the years on phone that NO ONE who takes more than 10,000 mg of vitamin C daily has any heart disease. Not scientific, and as I relate in my book, my uncle was given 1/2 the correct dosage (2.5 g of each) and in 30 days, a 70% carotid blockage disappeared - verified by surgery.

Taking 500 mg Vitamin C every 3 to 4 hours is optimal (Thank you Hickey/Roberts). For years I 'wasted" some because it was more convenient to take 9000 mg 2-times daily. Now I sip my Pauling-therapy/Vitamin C from a water bottle throughout the day.

Anecdotally, 20 minutes prior to meals reduces the nuisance effects on the GI tract. However, I doubt it matters all that much. Remember, animals are producing their vitamin C around the clock 24/7.

Until your genetic GULO defect is corrected. See:
http://vitaminccures.com/blog/index.php/2017/05/14/gulo-correcting-a-damaged-gene-with-vitamin-c/
Probably your entire life. The prime motivation for writing the book is that after people recover so quickly, the feel fine and cured, and many stop even a maintenance dose of vitamin C. Time after time these folks would suffer another heart attack about six months later - after not continuing with their vitamin C.

The answer is that we do not know. Why? Because Pauling's protocol has never been studied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum and our experience is where all the knowledge exists, unfortunately. I can say that for many many years, I consumed what Linus Pauling consumed, 18,000 mg of ascorbic acid, 9000 twice per day, and my blood sugar was constant at 90 mg/dl in every lab test, and my total cholesterol was constant at 180 mg/dl. Then I lost part of my pancreas (probably due to a fall during an ice storm... long story probably in archives).

I'm not sure why you would ask about testosterone, but all steriods are produced in the adrenals, and the adernal glands have the second highest concentration of vitamin C of all tissues, second only to the brain. Since most people are deficient in vitamin C, that may have adverse effects on adrenal function.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

gut1kor

Post Number:#4  Post by gut1kor » Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm

Dear Pamojja and Oforonow thank you very much for your valuable inputs and clarifying most of my doubts.

Pauling said: do not miss one day!

Since I only have essential hypertension, if I stop PT after few months, will it be dangerous for me? I am just curious if PT is like the BP meds which cause adverse effects if stopped abruptly. I heard of a guy who stopped his BP med for 2 weeks and dropped dead due to stroke. If I couldn't take Vitamin C on any given day(s), what should I do?

In my place, I couldn't get the pure vitamin C in powder form. I can get the 1000mg sustained release tablets. What's your experience or opinion on these? Are they as effective as the powder form vitamin C?

Since Sodium is known to increase blood pressure, Sodium Ascorbate will further worsen my blood pressure? In the Abbot Pharma made 500mg chewable tablet, 100 mg is L-Ascorbate and 450mg is Sodium Ascorbate. I guess for each tablet 50mg is Sodium content. Is it good or bad for my blood pressure?

Thank you.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by pamojja » Sat May 27, 2017 6:16 am

Only about 1/5 of the population is affected by increase of sodium and blood-pressure. Therefore, to know if sodium ascorbate is raising yours, there is only one way - which I do regularly even without blood-pressure issue anyway - measure it yourself!

Where to you life, that you can't get ascorbic acid powder? We probably can provide you with worldwide providers.

I hate the scare-mongering of Pharma, therefore don't like the word 'dangerous'. No, it is not dangerous to stop vitamin C. It's just that any benefits will disappear. Any of us can drop death any moment. At one point all of us do it anyway. With good nutritional status in all essential vitamins and minerals it's just a little less likely to come premature. I would say, if you really couldn't take it for one day, take it at least from the next day onward again.

When I miss one day I don't drop death, but painful symptoms come pack.

gut1kor

Post Number:#6  Post by gut1kor » Sun May 28, 2017 9:22 am

pamojja wrote:Only about 1/5 of the population is affected by increase of sodium and blood-pressure. Therefore, to know if sodium ascorbate is raising yours, there is only one way - which I do regularly even without blood-pressure issue anyway - measure it yourself!

Thank you for this idea. I will test it.

pamojja wrote:Where to you life, that you can't get ascorbic acid powder? We probably can provide you with worldwide providers.

I am in India and I just found iherb.com that ships worldwide. As of now, I ordered the Vit C, L-Lysine, L-Proline, Omaga-3 and CoQ 10 from Amazon from 'Now' brand. I can order the powder form in bulk from aliexpress.com but not sure about the authenticity of the products. Any better alternative?

I started this regime: Daily 7G of VC & L-Lysine spread out in the day, 200MG of CoQ 10, 200MG of Omega-3 fish oils.
I am facing ED also recently though my blood sugars are normal. Since I have to address Hyper Tension and also ED as well what else should I be adding into my daily intake?

Thank you very much.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Sun May 28, 2017 11:33 am

gut1kor wrote:I am in India and I just found iherb.com that ships worldwide..

Damn it, India. No, actually love it :D . But when I seriously deteriorated with a chronic bronchitis I went there for 5 months to recover at sea-air again. And it is indeed strange, no ascorbic acid powder available in most pharmacies there. Ended with filling plastic bags highly compressed with all capsules and powders summing up to 17 kg for my time there.

You could get good quality ascorbic acid powder from purebulk.com

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by pamojja » Sun May 28, 2017 11:36 am

gut1kor wrote:Since I have to address Hyper Tension and also ED as well what else should I be adding into my daily intake?

Thank you very much.

At least 3 g of Arginine, or it's better precursors like AAKG or citrulline malate for a try. Also available at purebulk.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 29, 2017 12:23 am

I started this regime: Daily 7G of VC & L-Lysine spread out in the day, 200MG of CoQ 10, 200MG of Omega-3 fish oils.
I am facing ED also recently though my blood sugars are normal. Since I have to address Hyper Tension and also ED as well what else should I be adding into my daily intake?

gut1kor keep us informed about your progress. I hope to add your case to our testimonials. http://vitaminccures.com/blog/index.php/heart-disease-testimonials/

And in my opinion, NOW Foods supplements are of very high quality.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

gut1kor

Post Number:#10  Post by gut1kor » Mon May 29, 2017 3:00 am

@Pamojja thank you again for the information. I will add l-argenine to the regime as well.

@ofonorow, With three days of use I am seeing a difference in the clarity in thinking, earlier I was having a foggy mind at least for the last 4 months. But it's too early to confirm. I will update my progress time to time in this thread. Thank you very much.

I have found some pharma companies producing vitamins and amino acids through a portal (indiamart.com). How can I check if these products are pure and without any additives? How can I check the quality of these products?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by pamojja » Mon May 29, 2017 4:20 am

gut1kor wrote:I have found some pharma companies producing vitamins and amino acids through a portal (indiamart.com). How can I check if these products are pure and without any additives? How can I check the quality of these products?

In India very difficult. In the west every good resaler will send you a COA (certificate of analysis) upon email request. You could still try to write to all of them and see if anyone responds. Other than that, you would have to order an expensive analysis from a laboratory yourself. On the other hand, pure ascorbic acid powder is pretty cheep on the world market, most of it produced in China, and it wouldn't make much sense to fake or dilute it.

Personally I would just collect experiences with products from the west, and then see if Indian products match. For example, I get every May/June hayfever with severe symptoms, just a teaspoon in water will make me symptom-free for 1-2 hours again. So that would be an easy test. Maybe you find particular symptoms in your case abated with vitamin C, and then see if the Indian product does the same?

An other test could be to mix ascorbic acid powder with sodium bicarbonate powder in water, which then react with sizzling to create sodium ascorbate. If I remember right (please anyone correct me if wrong) equal amounts (in weight) of ascorbic acid reacts to equal amounts of sodium bicarbonate. If the sizzling would have stopped before having added all the sodium bicarbonate, that could mean there is something else added to the ascorbic acid.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 29, 2017 5:11 am

The "sizzle test" is an excellent idea, in case there was a mixup and people were selling, say baking soda as vitamin C. Put vitamin C as ascorbic acid in water, and then put roughly the same amount of baking soda. There is a minor explosion of fizz, as some ascorbic acid is turned into sodium ascorbate. PLEASE NOTE, if the vitamin C were already sodium ascorbate, or any alkaline mineral ascorbate, there would be no reaction. Only works with an acid, e.g. ascorbic acid and bicarb.

These tests may become even more important soon, as the price of real vitamin C rises due to increased world demand. While it may not be "worth the risk" to adulterate (is that the word?) as you might be tempted for a high priced drug, the situation may change. (And drug company "dirty trick squads" may want to harm the reputation of vitamin C, etc.)

In addition to the "sizzle" test, there is the iodine/cornstarch test. Here is an 8-year-olds science project that has a procedure to test for vitamin C in foods, if memory serves. Any vitamin C turns the blue iodine clear.
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/danielcrawford/

Finally, take your your vitamin C powder and taste it. Put a little on your tongue. Remember that taste.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

gut1kor

Post Number:#13  Post by gut1kor » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:14 am

pamojja wrote:
gut1kor wrote:Since I have to address Hyper Tension and also ED as well what else should I be adding into my daily intake?

Thank you very much.

At least 3 g of Arginine, or it's better precursors like AAKG or citrulline malate for a try. Also available at purebulk.

I started taking 1mg L-Arginine in the morning and 2mg in the night and from the first day itself I started getting normal strong erections. Thank you very much.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by pamojja » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:30 am

Good to hear it worked.

gut1kor

Post Number:#15  Post by gut1kor » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:32 am

I have got the Hard Rhino Vitamin C powder and it tastes very sour, like biting a raw lemon. How to get over this sourness? I am afraid I couldn't take 7g of Vit C a day as I have to add a lot of water to get the sourness to tolerable level. I can do it at home but not in the office. :-(

Also the L Lysine powder (HealthVit Indian brand) has some faint foul smell. Is it normal?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”