My Journey

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: My Journey

Post Number:#46  Post by skwoodwiva » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:56 am

I am finally able to rid myself of the crospovidone induced sores using a heating pad during sleep. Maybe the DMSO has helped too.

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#47  Post by skwoodwiva » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:01 pm

Warning
Not all Hawthorn berry is good.
I try a source after my first attack in '14 and it was great. Felt like Lasix & more. Some say it relieves angina but I never have angina, weird, I know. I just pass out. CHF is my symptom. I have a fridge full of nitro tabs! No VC at all, back then, BTW. Supplier changed product. Tried others and could not find a good one, Chinese too.
I went to a big Chinese pharmacy/ Costco like place yesterday. Found this https://mega.nz/#!MVxwyIhT!p5ujaeFF9VYr ... eB10-9isTA

Amazing! A heaping tbls of the chunks in a 20 min boil is plenty. 14 oz, no seeds, $4.

The Chinese ones that did nothing had the common ventilation holes in the poly bag while the new one is hermetic!

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#48  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:11 pm

I am told by my KP cardiologist that I do not need a 3rd LPa (1st, @29 mg/dl-1/17, to 2nd, @13-5/17). Yet he approves a non calculated panel!
I now am unemployed and am disabled with a ruptured long head tendon. Yet corticosteroid injection along with intense PT has lead me to hope for employment soon...

So I researched for some supporting studies and sent him this

I have changed my diet and natural supplementation drastically.
I have dropped to 13. Yet lpa can be assessed as a risk factor @ 24.
See this
"The risk of CHD was flat until ~24 mg/dL, then rose continuously with increasing Lp(a), up to risk ratio of ~1.5 at 192 mg/dL (Figure 1A). These data clearly demonstrate that in subjects without prior CHD that Lp(a) is an independent predictor of CHD, even at modest levels of Lp(a) of >24 mg/dL, which is the approximately the 70th percentile population risk that encompasses approximately 2 billion people globally [2, 3]."
And
"Several agents have been reported to reduce Lp(a) concentrations, including niacin in high doses (74), l-carnitine at a dose of 2 g/day (75), and ascorbic acid (3 g/day) together with l-lysine "
From
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... po=12.5000

I cannot afford to keep up the same level of supplementation & diet as I was, being presently disabled AND unemployed, I need to know this stat!

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#49  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:49 pm

He granted my request. Yet said Lpa means little and he could increase my statin & give me a stronger one. I stopped my statin months ago.
My understanding is, at best statins do little for LPa.
BTW that study supports PT!
I do the listed items a 8g (1 niaspan+7 IR), 2g and 16 to 24 g a day

confused1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#50  Post by confused1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:55 am

Johnwen posted this and you probably know this since you stopped taking statins , but I thought I'd post it anyway in case you haven't read it. https://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/sta ... ilure.html These things are slow and sure death!

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#51  Post by skwoodwiva » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:14 pm

I agree, thanks.

Update, my LPa is now about 8, down from 13 is April.
My non calculated LDL is 68 from 75 calculated in Dec '16.

I bought some DMSO on ebay & it caused my creatine to jump to 1.33! I may post in the general forum but it seems real pharmaceutical grade DSMO would be the best treatment for the polluted fake.

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”