My Journey

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: My Journey

Post Number:#61  Post by skwoodwiva » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:48 pm

Well, I got passed the liver/gallbladder drama. Seems I as well as others, cannot take niacin without pausing every 6 months or so.

I am using this as my magnesium supplement.
http://www.scottschlegel.net/diy-how-to ... carbonate/
I think this method results in a "soft" ionic bond rather than a "hard", But not sure...
Takes 2 minutes to make, sans the time settling out the unreacted Mg hydroxide. Be sure to get an unadulterated MOM. https://www.toxinless.com/milk-of-magnesia

So now I have a cheap source of mg carbonate to make magnesium ascorbate!
Anyone have a recipe?

Started bee propolis also, amazing studies:
Just one general overview, to share now
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... rJJcOaPdRX

I was in the ER again, the very bad flu coupled with insomnia as well as stress at work (and maybe a little too much salt) lead me to CHF. Lasix IV & Restoril did wonders.
I want share that I took my little Dribose doser bottle with me (as well my PT goodies) and as I learned the outcome I dosed with a gram of it under my tongue than ask for a final BP & rate reading. 105/62 , 53 which is normal for me now. This was 135/89, 85 when I arrived in ER & 125/78 , 75 just before I put the dribose in my mouth...
This is before the sleep healing the Restoril allowed me to get. I kick myself for not dosing dribose during my trama.

Another addon yesterday:
Relora for stress relief, I cannot say enough about it!
https://www.google.com/search?num=100&n ... ALZe1foG0o
A little Rhodiola helps too.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#62  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:13 am

When one hears Congestive Heart Failure - think CoQ10 (CHF is considered a coq10 deficiency disease in Europe).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#63  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:28 am

Thanks Owen.

I do take the orange powder, not the expensive stuff. At about 200 to 400 mg but not every day.
I take it with olive oil & quercetin.

That week I did not take any. I wonder if I should try the non reduced stuff.
Last that I took of that was the one dose of Qunol with polysorbate-80 which gave me a mild heart attack in my pre PT days

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#64  Post by skwoodwiva » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:35 pm

ofonorow wrote:I feel your pain - having to go in the hospital. Let us know what they find.

Reviewing this topic, your total cholesterol is very low, like mine - only 134 mg/dl.

Where on the abdomen is the pain?

I did not see your post, too much pain lol.
I think it is answered....

Btw 50 drops not 25 of the tibetan garlic cure.
This is because I doubled the alcohol.
Confused? Yes, because it did not post, when I thought I did, https://mega.nz/#!RcoAFY7A!7DAAIy6Sek6v ... H_WGsgPU4M is a pic of the results.

http://wikiwel.com/wikihealing/index.ph ... arlic_Cure

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#65  Post by skwoodwiva » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:50 pm

ofonorow wrote:I feel your pain - having to go in the hospital. Let us know what they find.

Reviewing this topic, your total cholesterol is very low, like mine - only 134 mg/dl.

Where on the abdomen is the pain?

I see I did not post here but in another thread.
It seems to have been a result of a year of continuous niacin, 7g. I have 2 confirming evidences in that other thread, plus I am better than ever after a week off.
Gallbladder or liver was location of worst (having a baby) pain. But started higher & centered the day before could have been a different cause at first.

In my new BT real time run I am up to a rate of 50 gr / 8 times a day & just a some gas is all. Going to 65 tomorrow.

I wonder how many are on a lower dose than they need?
I have replaced 2 amalgams with gold (now crowns) and have 6 fillings left. I want gold but it is a slow & expensive endeavor.

I got some Ubiquinol, 120s trying out 1 a day.
I know I have said this before but this is a new blog I found on the polysorbate-80 debacle
http://alanview.com/ubiquinol-warning/

Do I need ubiquinol?
Here is a good comparison of the 2 versions.
https://www.drsinatra.com/is-ubuquinol- ... n-research

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#66  Post by skwoodwiva » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:28 pm

I will post here for the remainder of my bowel tolerance run.
I am at 72 gr of purebulk AA rate for the last 3 doses, each (9 gr) of them 3 hours apart.
I am adding ~1 oz ot aloe vera inner fillet juice to the water instant mix. The PT goodies (gr) are 7 lysine hcl, 3 proline, 2-3 ALCAR, niacin 7 all in 8 doses in 24 hr. I set my alarm too. As I have to pee 2 - 3 times anyway.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#67  Post by skwoodwiva » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 pm

I am finally getting some looseness in my bowels but not unmanageable, at 72 grams a day.

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#68  Post by francisunderwood » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm curious how long you will have to take that dosage before it drops. Keep updating if you have time.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#69  Post by skwoodwiva » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:58 pm

francisunderwood wrote:I'm curious how long you will have to take that dosage before it drops. Keep updating if you have time.

I dropped to ~60 just now, flatulence that dirtied the couch!
I never had the patience or time nor trust in the BT rules of thumb. This works great.

Sooo, this could be where I need to be!

Purebulk is dropping their price, well maybe, so they think in 2 mo or so.The aloe vera is pricey @ 4 oz a day.

How are you doing?

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#70  Post by francisunderwood » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Sounds like your couch had a bad day! Last time I messed around with BT I soiled my pants on the way to the bathroom with what I thought was just gas.

I have not tried your method of every 3 hours but when I do it every hour I can do 3 grams for about 5 hours before the rumble. I read so much about BT but there are so many methods I don't know which to go by.

What is the reason for the aloe vera?

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#71  Post by skwoodwiva » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:43 pm

francisunderwood wrote:Sounds like your couch had a bad day! Last time I messed around with BT I soiled my pants on the way to the bathroom with what I thought was just gas.

I have not tried your method of every 3 hours but when I do it every hour I can do 3 grams for about 5 hours before the rumble. I read so much about BT but there are so many methods I don't know which to go by.

What is the reason for the aloe vera?

Aa absorption, Owen posted something & I found a study too.

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#72  Post by francisunderwood » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:45 pm

Might it be cheaper to buy and take more c than take aloe too? Not sure, just an initial thought.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#73  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:38 am

True but at BT aloe should then raise BT. More in blood means less in bowels.
Just more plain AA equals diarrhea.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#74  Post by skwoodwiva » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:48 pm

I am staying at the 60 gram rate, no problems. Wow when I tried any other BT assessment I had trouble at lesser dosing.
I dropped the aloe, too expensive.

I make fresh dandelion greens tea and do about a bunch in 2 days. It has been a real regulator of my electrolytes, some sea salt too and the Gerolsteiner mg carbonate

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#75  Post by skwoodwiva » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:30 pm

This is amazing, I go to a very uppity store of a big natural food chain quite often as I often work near by on service calls.

I have taken home, from their garbage pallet:
25 pounds of 90 % good organic pomegranates these are still good a month later in my fridge.
As much ,$ wize, of organic greens expired or not yet expired. Thses last in my 34* fridge for a week, I freeze what dosent look like it will last.
Much fruit too all organic maybe 25 lbs so far.

Money stymies creativity
This made my jaw drop today, stunning revelation indeed, being a Christian, the spiritual implications are beyond stunning. Not to say I did not know this in a very basic way, I just did not know there was studies essentially supporting Christ's words on the topic. Does this make you think about for profit medicine? Or rather the passion in most naturopathic or Orthomoulecular Doctors?

NPR peaked my interest as I heard a snippet of what may have been from the following.
https://hbr.org/1998/09/how-to-kill-creativity

"When I consider all the organizations I have studied and worked with over the past 22 years, there can be no doubt: creativity gets killed much more often than it gets supported. For the most part, this isn’t because managers have a vendetta against creativity. On the contrary, most believe in the value of new and useful ideas. However, creativity is undermined unintentionally every day in work environments that were established—for entirely good reasons—to maximize business imperatives such as coordination, productivity, and control.Managers cannot be expected to ignore business imperatives, of course. But in working toward these imperatives, they may be inadvertently designing organizations that systematically crush creativity. My research shows that it is possible to develop the best of both worlds: organizations in which business imperatives are attended to and creativity flourishes. Building such organizations, however, requires us to understand precisely what kinds of managerial practices foster creativity—and which kill it.What Is Business Creativity?We tend to associate creativity with the arts and to think of it as the expression of highly original ideas. Think of how Pablo Picasso reinvented the conventions of painting or how William Faulkner redefined fiction. In business, originality isn’t enough. To be creative, an idea must also be appropriate—useful and actionable. It must somehow influence the way business gets done—by improving a product, for instance, or by opening up a new way to approach a process.The associations made between creativity and artistic originality often lead to confusion about the appropriate place of creativity in business organizations. In seminars, I’ve asked managers if there is any place they don’t want creativity in their companies. About 80% of the time, they answer, “Accounting.” Creativity, they seem to believe, belongs just in marketing and R&D. But creativity can benefit every function of an organization. Think of activity-based accounting. It was an invention—an accounting invention—and its impact on business has been positive and profound.Along with fearing creativity in the accounting department—or really, in any unit that involves systematic processes or legal regulations—many managers also hold a rather narrow view of the creative process. To them, creativity refers to the way people think—how inventively they approach problems, for instance. Indeed, thinking imaginatively is one part of creativity, but two others are also essential: expertise and motivation.Expertise encompasses everything that a person knows and can do in the broad domain of his or her work. Take, for example, a scientist at a pharmaceutical company who is charged with developing a blood-clotting drug for hemophiliacs. Her expertise includes her basic talent for thinking scientifically as well as all the knowledge and technical abilities that she has in the fields of medicine, chemistry, biology, and biochemistry. It doesn’t matter how she acquired this expertise, whether through formal education, practical experience, or interaction with other professionals. Regardless, her expertise constitutes what the Nobel laureate, economist, and psychologist Herb Simon calls her “network of possible wanderings,” the intellectual space that she uses to explore and solve problems. The larger this space, the better.Creative thinking, as noted above, refers to how people approach problems and solutions—their capacity to put existing ideas together in new combinations. The skill itself depends quite a bit on personality as well as on how a person thinks and works. The pharmaceutical scientist, for example, will be more creative if her personality is such that she feels comfortable disagreeing with others—that is, if she naturally tries out solutions that depart from the status quo. Her creativity will be enhanced further if she habitually turns problems upside down and combines knowledge from seemingly disparate fields. For example, she might look to botany to help find solutions to the hemophilia problem, using lessons from the vascular systems of plants to spark insights about bleeding in humans.As for work style, the scientist will be more likely to achieve creative success if she perseveres through a difficult problem. Indeed, plodding through long dry spells of tedious experimentation increases the probability of truly creative breakthroughs. So, too, does a work style that uses “incubation,” the ability to set aside difficult problems temporarily, work on something else, and then return later with a fresh perspective.Expertise and creative thinking are an individual’s raw materials—his or her natural resources, if you will. But a third factor—motivation—determines what people will actually do. The scientist can have outstanding educational credentials and a great facility in generating new perspectives to old problems. But if she lacks the motivation to do a particular job, she simply won’t do it; her expertise and creative thinking will either go untapped or be applied to something else.My research has repeatedly demonstrated, however, that all forms of motivation do not have the same impact on creativity. In fact, it shows that there are two types of motivation—extrinsic and intrinsic, the latter being far more essential for creativity. But let’s explore extrinsic first, because it is often at the root of creativity problems in business.Extrinsic motivation comes from outside a person—whether the motivation is a carrot or a stick. If the scientist’s boss promises to reward her financially should the blood-clotting project succeed, or if he threatens to fire her should it fail, she will certainly be motivated to find a solution. But this sort of motivation “makes” the scientist do her job in order to get something desirable or avoid something painful.Obviously, the most common extrinsic motivator managers use is money, which doesn’t necessarily stop people from being creative. But in many situations, it doesn’t help either, especially when it leads people to feel that they are being bribed or controlled. More important, money by itself doesn’t make employees passionate about their jobs. A cash reward can’t magically prompt people to find their work interesting if in their hearts they feel it is dull. ...."

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”