Does aspirin increase lp(a)?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Does aspirin increase lp(a)?

Post by Frodo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Anthony Taylor (Dr. Rath Foundation) wrote, aspirin inhibits vitamin C absorption (http://www4ger.dr-rath-foundation.org/i ... dacht.html). Unfortunately, I have only a link to the german version of the article. I think, then there must be a relationship between aspirin and lp(a). If I take aspirin, it kills vitamin c. And lp(a) increases because there is not enough vit C in the blood and cells. Several studies proved it. And I know it also from Norman Cousins self-healing story. Has somebody more informations? Johnwen?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Does aspirin increase lp(a)?

Post by Johnwen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by Frodo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:15 am

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by Frodo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:41 am

Addition: None of the doctors in Germany recommend their patients that they have to take VC, if they start taking aspirin. I think in America it's. not better.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by Frodo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:42 am

Paul Anthony Taylor wrote:
"I was very interested to see the study you sent and its claim that aspirin decreases LP(a)... In this respect it seems significant that the Ono Medical Research Foundation, which provided a grant for the study, would appear to be supported by Ono Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. But if we assume the study's finding is correct, then this arguably makes aspirin even more dangerous. For as Dr. Rath's research has shown, LP(a) is a surrogate for VC. Given that LP(a) functions as a repair molecule when the body is deficient in VC then any drug that decreases both LP(a) and VC is undoubtedly a very dangerous drug indeed".
I think, the answer from P.A. Taylor is convincing, at least very interesting. Do you think so as well?

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:32 am

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by Frodo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:49 am

Pauling/Rath have shown what's better than aspirin. I'm on PT since January. And had a strong mci in June 2016. In addition to PT, I take Omega-3, OpC, pycnogenol and so on.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:50 am

Frodo wrote:Pauling/Rath have shown what's better than aspirin. I'm on PT since January. And had a strong mci in June 2016. In addition to PT, I take Omega-3, OpC, pycnogenol and so on.

Were you taking aspirin before PT?

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by Frodo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:
Frodo wrote:Pauling/Rath have shown what's better than aspirin. I'm on PT since January. And had a strong mci in June 2016. In addition to PT, I take Omega-3, OpC, pycnogenol and so on.

Were you taking aspirin before PT?

Yes, the docs said, I have to take Prasugrel, statins, betablockers, medications for blood pressure and aspirin. Prasugrel for 12 months and longer; statins, betablockers, blood pressure medications and aspirin lifelong. With friendly greetings from BigPharma. I took the half doses of Prasugrel and have cut it after 6 months. I never took statins and betablockers. And after one year I've threw away aspirin too - even though I've also taken only the half dose. My Omega-3 index is about 16%. And I was afraid that my blood becomes too thin. What did the docs (the best in Germany) say? I should reduce Omega-3 intake and eating fish, because only Prasugrel and Aspirin can help, and that's all what they know. Incredible. I love it. Damn!

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Maybe I'll ask my Cardiologist about decreasing aspirin

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:26 am

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is