Bummed out, Angina still getting worse

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Bummed out, Angina still getting worse

Post Number:#91  Post by guitarplayer007 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:51 pm

OK ty I appreciate that

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#92  Post by francisunderwood » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:00 pm

confused1 wrote:
guitarplayer007 wrote:This study is for CHF, I have CVD aren't they completely different?
Yes but that form has good heart benefits. Mag threonate penetrates the blood brain barrier. Mag chloride and sulfate get absorbed into muscle. So different forms get used differently. Do some research and you'll find the best for you. All mag is not created equal.

The article mentions magnesium orotate, is it similar to the threonate? This is very confusing. I currently take the doctors best magnesium glycinate/lysinate chelate form and wonder if I should be taking more than one form and if the one I take now is okay, ideas?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#93  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:15 am

There are muscles in the arteries that dilate/contract in times of need/stress - allowing more blood flow, or restricting the diameter to increase blood pressure - unless you arteries are stiff and calcified. In theory calcified arteries from lack of vitamin K (usually induced by heart medications by the way) would overcome any advantage that NO induced from arginine might offer. However, Arginine has many other helpful benefits, especially for men :D

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=calcification+warfarin
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#94  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:50 am

ofonorow wrote:There are muscles in the arteries that dilate/contract in times of need/stress - allowing more blood flow, or restricting the diameter to increase blood pressure - unless you arteries are stiff and calcified. In theory calcified arteries from lack of vitamin K (usually induced by heart medications by the way) would overcome any advantage that NO induced from arginine might offer. However, Arginine has many other helpful benefits, especially for men :D

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=calcification+warfarin

Any suggestions for someone that gets colds sores? Mine have gotten much less frequent and severe with 4 grams of lysine per day. The theory is that it balances out arginine, so maybe I have enough already?

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#95  Post by confused1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:43 am

francisunderwood wrote:

The article mentions magnesium orotate, is it similar to the threonate? This is very confusing. I currently take the doctors best magnesium glycinate/lysinate chelate form and wonder if I should be taking more than one form and if the one I take now is okay, ideas?
Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I think any mag you take is beneficial, different forms might target different things a little better. Here's an article I found that may help.
http://peoplesrx.com/the-best-kind-of-m ... m-for-you/

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”