Lysine & Proline in food, it seems like a lot. Is it enough?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Lysine & Proline in food, it seems like a lot. Is it enough?

Post Number:#16  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:58 pm

pamojja wrote:What is an O or a B?

Can't even eat rice.

Blood type. Do you know yours?
I am an O. High IAP enzyme gives Os & Bs the ability to process a lot of fat

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#17  Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:40 pm

I'm A.

Joanna45
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by Joanna45 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:18 pm

I'm B positive

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#19  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:38 pm

pamojja wrote:

I'm A.

I am surprised, A's take to being vegetarian well, need to avoid beef & do not handle a lot of fat well.
You are an unusual A. Secretor status matters too. Rh factor not at all, about diet anyway.

A Secretor is defined as a person who secretes their blood type antigens into body fluids and secretions like the saliva in your mouth, the mucus in your digestive tract and respiratory cavities, etc. Basically what this means is that a secretor puts their blood type into these body fluids.

But what do I know? I just have followed the ERFYBT diet for 18 years now. Wifey is an O too.

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#20  Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:44 pm

skwoodwiva wrote:
pamojja wrote:I'm A.

I am surprised, A's take to being vegetarian well, need to avoid beef & do not handle a lot of fat well.

What would be the negative symptoms of 'do not handle a lot of fat well'. By the way, I've been a low-fat vegan since 10 years of age until my diagnosis. It obviously didn't serve me well.

What's a ERFYBT diet? And since you followed this 18 years, doesn't that ring an alarm clock in that you got CVD despite?

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#21  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:50 pm

Joanna45 wrote:I'm B positive

When I ask Bs if they like chicken or corn many times they say no. These are avoids for Bs.

BTW My BT is hitting me now for the 4th time in 2 weeks.
Right now, lol. If we are making progress then seems it should happen :) .

Joanna45
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#22  Post by Joanna45 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:54 pm

What is BT

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#23  Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Joanna45 wrote:What is BT

Bowel tolerance.

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#24  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:23 pm

pamojja wrote:
skwoodwiva wrote:
pamojja wrote:I'm A.

What would be the negative symptoms of 'do not handle a lot of fat well'. By the way, I've been a low-fat vegan since 10 years of age until my diagnosis. It obviously didn't serve me well.

What's a ERFYBT diet? And since you followed this 18 years, doesn't that ring an alarm clock in that you got CVD despite?

Dr Dadamo's plan. Blood type diet.

True that, I have heart disease in my family. I was in denial about my risks. Still did eat too much wheat. Overweight, not watching carbs & eat sugar. Not sure anything but PT would have saved me.
Edit, My response sounded "know it all" I truly do not, I should have put distance between the 2 sentences:
"But what do I know? I just have followed the ERFYBT diet for 18 years now."

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#25  Post by pamojja » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:00 am

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, sugar and carbs alone can be bad enough.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#26  Post by zarfas » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:35 pm

pamojja wrote:Thanks for the clarification. Yes, sugar and carbs alone can be bad enough.

lol
4 food calories
protein
carbs/sugar-
fat
alcohol

sugar and carbsare the same thing

and sugar causes heart disease(likely due to it using the same transporter as vit C, thus negating vit C getting into cells
http://www.cracked.com/article_24392_7- ... th-it.html
Big Sugar's Been Covering Up Sugar's Link To Heart Disease For Decades
For five decades, the consensus on heart disease was that fat was to totally blame, and sugar was nothing but an innocent bystander. Your doctor probably didn't prescribe two Snickers bars to deal with those chest pains, but it's not like they could hurt, right? Yes, they totally can, and researchers have known about it since the '50s.

So, how come we're only hearing about sugar's link to heart disease now? Well, the small fortune the sugar industry gave those researchers might have something to do with it.
The academics supposedly looking out for us didn't just drop the ball on this one, they gleefully threw it at our groins. In the 1960s, the Sugar Association straight-up gave three scientists at Harvard $50,000 (in today's money) to write a review paper exonerating their sweet asses. All parties were quite open with each other about what their mission statement was -- Dr. Hegsted, one of the scientists, wrote, "We are well aware of your particular interest and will cover this as well as we can." The sugar industry secretly selected data for the paper and gave feedback on drafts until, finally, the scientists had conducted shillwork they could truly be proud of.
↓ Continue Reading Below

The paper wasn't published in some hack journal, either: that s##t went straight to the pages of The New England Journal Of Medicine, which is basically the New York Times of American medical research. Happy with the result, these Avengers of sugar companies kept funding studies that shifted the blame to fat for decades, while they printed "nutritional tips" like these:
And that's not even counting sugar's later shenanigans, like paying professors and researchers for studies that say that children who eat candy weigh less than children who don't. But what happened to those Harvard scientists that started it all? Well, Dr. Hegsted would later go on to become head of nutrition for the USDA, in charge of dietary guidelines ... where he would recommend that those dang kids today eat less sugar.

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#27  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:29 pm

pamojja wrote:
skwoodwiva wrote:There is a lot of lysine and proline in many vegetable and animal proteins. If I am sure to get say 10 g of L and say 5 g of P from daily meals might I be able to drop them as supplements?

Also not to forget that most lysine powders sold in most cases is actually lysine-hcl. The hydrocloride making up 21.2% of its weight, and if one subtracts that from 6 g of powder, one actually got 4,728 g of lysine only.

Wikipedia says that the hydrochloride in Lysine-Hcl is 19.97% so it might be worth you editing the wikipedia entry if you think that your figure is more accurate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysine#Synthesis

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#28  Post by skwoodwiva » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:06 pm

BrightSideOfLife wrote:
pamojja wrote:
skwoodwiva wrote:There is a lot of lysine and proline in many vegetable and animal proteins. If I am sure to get say 10 g of L and say 5 g of P from daily meals might I be able to drop them as supplements?

Also not to forget that most lysine powders sold in most cases is actually lysine-hcl. The hydrocloride making up 21.2% of its weight, and if one subtracts that from 6 g of powder, one actually got 4,728 g of lysine only.

Wikipedia says that the hydrochloride in Lysine-Hcl is 19.97% so it might be worth you editing the wikipedia entry if you think that your figure is more accurate.

Good luck with that. Wikipedia is a plain erroneous institution. Maybe less so in sciences but misused too much.

So ~2%
OK!

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#29  Post by zarfas » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:15 pm

skwoodwiva wrote:
BrightSideOfLife wrote:
pamojja wrote:

Good luck with that. Wikipedia is a plain erroneous institution. Maybe less so in sciences but misused too much.

So ~2%
OK!

why does the "hydrochloride in Lysine-Hcl is 19.97" matter?

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”