low cholesterol and e.d.

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

low cholesterol and e.d.

Post Number:#1  Post by hvc » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:19 am

Is there a known correlation between low cholesterol and e.d.?

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: low cholesterol and e.d.

Post Number:#2  Post by zarfas » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:50 am

hvc wrote:Is there a known correlation between low cholesterol and e.d.?

sorta
what is your hormones of Testosterone and estradiol?
what is your bodyfat level?

if you are too lean, like sub 15-10% bodyfat, your hormones are likely too low

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by hvc » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:53 am

Thanks for your response. I do not know the answer to to question. I am thin but, have been for awhile.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:46 am

The previous post made no sense to me, but it is true the cholesterol forms the basis of all steroid hormones produced by the adrenal glands. It is the building block, so in theory, your hormone levels would be down if your cholesterol is low. Testosterone is what creates the desire - libido, in both men and women. Typically ED itself can be improved by improving blood flow (Pauling therapy), and adding 3 grams daily of arginine, and vitamin E. Lately we are finding that with the building blocks, high dose vitamin B5 can be important in the production of adrenal hormones.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by skwoodwiva » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:52 am

Thank you Owen.

About as much sense as he does here too. It is endless trolling behavior.
viewtopic.php?p=49247#p49247

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by zarfas » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:42 pm

skwoodwiva wrote:Thank you Owen.

About as much sense as he does here too. It is endless trolling behavior.
viewtopic.php?p=49247#p49247

what the heck are you talking about
why are you accusing me of?
low bodyfat means low testostrone, ask any bodybuilder
you are the one triolling i give great info

looking at your threads, all you do is cause drama
welcome to my ingore list, I dont deal with passive aggressive females

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by skwoodwiva » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Am I really on it? Keep it that way. Thank you.
Lol I was posting about your response to my thread. Not Owens post.
So now finally you will stop quoting me?

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by francisunderwood » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:35 pm

Owen, I hope it's okay to call you that, is there anything else besides arginine that would improve blood flow? I take 6 grams of C, 4 grams of Lysine and 1 gram of proline as part of the main PT. I currently also take 400 iu of solgar vitamin e that has 4 kinds of tocopherols and then take about 200 mg of tocotrienols with all 4 mixed. The reason I don't want to take arginine is because since I went up to 3 to 4 grams of lysine per day the cold sores stay away.

Also wanted to say I don't have ed but my wife noticed that my erections were better without me asking. I had noticed a difference in the mornings myself only after I had taken 4 to 6 grams of only C for about a month. This was before any addition of anything else except lysine. Since then I have added the e mixture, proline and b complex and still have near the same result. I should also add I first took c for about 3 months but only 1 gram and didn't notice any erection improvements. As I posted already my blood pressure also dropped as well as my cholesterol when I went up to 4 to 6 grams per day of C.

Slightly off topic but has anyone used bulk supplement products?

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by zarfas » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:40 am

francisunderwood wrote:
Slightly off topic but has anyone used bulk supplement products?

yeah, I've bought, with great success
pure bulk vit C

25kg vit C is what i have in my garage and use to make my own capsules
via
a capsule making machine
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPSULE-MACHINE ... 0937067995

https://purebulk.com/vitamin-c-ascorbic-acid-powder/

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by francisunderwood » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:40 am

There are 2 different web sites so I should have made that more clear. One is pure bulk and the other is bulk supplements. I was curious about the bulk supplements one because they have a few things I want to try.

Like this one:
http://www.bulksupplements.com/pomegran ... -acid.html

tjallen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by tjallen » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 am

I'm using a 90% extract for the ellagic acid, https://purebulk.com/pomegranate-extrac ... agic-acid/, to fight oral cancer. The taste is tolerable when it's taken mixed in water. The 40% extract may taste better.

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by francisunderwood » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:58 am

I just wanted to use the powder instead of drinking the juice daily.

tjallen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#13  Post by tjallen » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:10 am

I wonder if the extract will give as healthy a drink. It probably doesn't taste as good as fresh pomegranate juice, though!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:22 am

francisunderwood wrote:Owen, is there anything else besides arginine that would improve blood flow? I take 6 grams of C, 4 grams of Lysine and 1 gram of proline as part of the main PT. I currently also take 400 iu of solgar vitamin e that has 4 kinds of tocopherols and then take about 200 mg of tocotrienols with all 4 mixed. The reason I don't want to take arginine is because since I went up to 3 to 4 grams of lysine per day the cold sores stay away.

Also wanted to say I don't have ed but my wife noticed that my erections were better without me asking. I had noticed a difference in the mornings myself only after I had taken 4 to 6 grams of only C for about a month. This was before any addition of anything else except lysine. Since then I have added the e mixture, proline and b complex and still have near the same result. I should also add I first took c for about 3 months but only 1 gram and didn't notice any erection improvements. As I posted already my blood pressure also dropped as well as my cholesterol when I went up to 4 to 6 grams per day of C.

Thanks for the report. Sounds like your blood flow is good/better, and lysine may be able to substitute for arginine re: NO production (as that would explain a few things, i.e., why people experience such dramatic pain relief after only 10 days on the Pauling therapy.) A long time ago I researched Maca powder for ED/Libido..
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#15  Post by zarfas » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:11 am

francisunderwood wrote:Owen, I hope it's okay to call you that, is there anything else besides arginine that would improve blood flow?

missed this

yes

your diet really effects your blood flow
a high fat diet impairs NO from being made

you should eat low fat-less than 20% calories from fat, ie Ornish diet
and eat lots of veggies, ones with high amounts of nitrates

citrilline is better than argine
check out this other site and forum
there they discuss pauling therapy, and ED and sex and lots of stuf

Citrulline Benefits.

Probably the prime benefit of Citrulline supplementation is showing itself to be increasing erectile strength and hardness factor. In fact, in my forum some of the recent comments from men with erectile dysfunction have been strongly positive. One man with apparently rather severe erectile dysfunction commented that he had an erection of sufficient quality for penetration, something that clearly had been missing for him for a long time. [1] In fact, he mentioned that he had tried other supplement combinations without any success, so L-Citrulline appeared to have the most horsepower for him.

L-Citrulline is somewhat of a newcomer to the erectile supplement market. Researchers have for years concentrated on L-Arginine to raise nitric oxide and results had stalled. Arginine had had lackluster results and in one study even appeared to be dangerous for some men with advanced heart disease - see my link on The Pros and Cons of Arginine for more information.

However, just when "all hope seemed lost", L-Citrulline showed up as the real superstar in recent latest. What is interesting is that L-Citrulline is a precursor of L-Arginine. So one would not expect it to really do any better or worse than Arginine supplementation, right? Actually, the opposite turned out to be case. Taking L-Arginine directly has issues, which we will discuss below, that make it less than ideal. Arginine had to be taken in overly high dosages (5 grams +) to have an effect. For example, one study found that about a third of men, probably those with endothelial dysfunction as we will discuss below, had significantly improved erections with 5 grams of L-Arginine daily. [3]

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Citrull ... efits.aspx

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”