Elevated Vitamin D (Split from vitamin K topic)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

samarkand

Elevated Vitamin D (Split from vitamin K topic)

Post Number:#1  Post by samarkand » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:40 pm

I have a local GP for any general problems (standard pill pusher), and an alternative MD.

Alternative MD has suggested I take (along with other supplements) DaVinci Laboratories of Vermont, A•D•K
She knows I am on clopidogrel for 6 months. (15 weeks to go). Additionally on 75mg aspirin

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin A (as Retinyl Palmitate) 5,000 IU 100%
Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) 5,000 IU 1,250%
Vitamin K2 (as MK-7) 500 mcg 625%

samarkand

Re: Reason for Adding Vitamin K to the Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by samarkand » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:13 pm

A year on and my Holistic MD did a Vitamin D test which It came back at 204 mmol/L - over the ref range 50-150.

Based on that she has stopped the A.D.K which had

Currently I'm off all medications and on the PT so would it be advisable to take an alternative supplement for 'K' - (e.g. Super K with advanced K2 complex), and will it work without any vit D supplementation?

Currently taking Ascorsine9 - 4 scoops pd. + adding some ascorbic acid and lipisomal C. Total about 9000 mg C (Bowel tolerance is about 11-12,000).

Once the D has lowered to within the ref. range would adding/substituting some Ascorsine9 with PTEF be useful. (includes 50mg Vit D as cholecalciferol in one scoop).

Interested to hear opinions please.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Elevated Vitamin D (Split from vitamin K topic)

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:37 am

If you have any calcification, that would be a reason to consider a vitamin K supplement. I had never heard of a single supplement raising vitamin D levels that much - I think I would simply have reduced it, not eliminated that supplement. The advantage of the LEF Super-K is that it contains 3 forms of vitamin K
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

confused1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Reason for Adding Vitamin K to the Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#4  Post by confused1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:28 am

samarkand wrote:A year on and my Holistic MD did a Vitamin D test which It came back at 204 mmol/L - over the ref range 50-150.

Based on that she has stopped the A.D.K which had

Currently I'm off all medications and on the PT so would it be advisable to take an alternative supplement for 'K' - (e.g. Super K with advanced K2 complex), and will it work without any vit D supplementation?

Currently taking Ascorsine9 - 4 scoops pd. + adding some ascorbic acid and lipisomal C. Total about 9000 mg C (Bowel tolerance is about 11-12,000).

Once the D has lowered to within the ref. range would adding/substituting some Ascorsine9 with PTEF be useful. (includes 50mg Vit D as cholecalciferol in one scoop).

Interested to hear opinions please.
I would take a separate K supplement. I think the combination in one supplement is just for convenience' sake. I would get my D levels checked in a month and then through testing find the level of supplementation that keeps my D levels in the normal range.

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”