Getting started and have a few questions

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

fredrik949

Getting started and have a few questions

Post Number:#1  Post by fredrik949 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:33 am

Hi,

I am a 34 year old male, mainly healthy but I tested high for Lipo Protein a (52mg/dl) back in 2015 and started looking into PT but never followed through with it. I was tested again in May of this year (118nmol/L) and my DR recommended I take niacin to treat it. I followed his advise but found that I would not take it on a regular basis as it is not recommended to take if you had an alcohol in the prior 5 hours and some nights I'll have a drink or two with dinner. So I figured that I would look into PT again. I ordered Vitality C and L-lysine and plan to start with 6g of Vitamin C and 6 g of L lysine. My questions are:

Does my dosage amount seem correct( I am 140lbs)?
Do I also need to add Proline to the mix?
How long should I wait to test my blood again to see if little a has reduced?

On a side not I also tend to get frequent sinus infections(3-4 a year), so I am hoping the high dose of Vitamin C will also help with that.

Thanks in advance.
~Fred

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Getting started and have a few questions

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:30 am

Those are the dosages Linus Pauling first recommended, and I would guess they should be sufficient given your low body weight.

It is interesting that you asked about proline. In our experience, while taking vitamin C and lysine provide relief of symptoms, Lp(a) does not come down until proline is added. We don't know how long but it could take as long as a year.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

tangy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by tangy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Try livon labs Liposomal C for Sinus issues.

fredrik949

Post Number:#4  Post by fredrik949 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:56 pm

ofonorow wrote:Those are the dosages Linus Pauling first recommended, and I would guess they should be sufficient given your low body weight.

It is interesting that you asked about proline. In our experience, while taking vitamin C and lysine provide relief of symptoms, Lp(a) does not come down until proline is added. We don't know how long but it could take as long as a year.

OK I will add Proline to my daily supplementation, what is the recommend dosage of it? same as L-lysine? Also any recommend brands?

fredrik949

Post Number:#5  Post by fredrik949 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:57 pm

tangy wrote:Try livon labs Liposomal C for Sinus issues.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a bunch of the vitality C so will give that a shot first but if sinus issues persists I will check out Livon.

confused1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by confused1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:11 am

I'm not the expert but since no one else answered, the dosage of Proline is usually a little less, around 2 grams. You can read many of the recommendations on this forum by browsing topics others have written. I personally have learned a great deal. Good luck!

fredrik949

Post Number:#7  Post by fredrik949 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:04 am

confused1 wrote:I'm not the expert but since no one else answered, the dosage of Proline is usually a little less, around 2 grams. You can read many of the recommendations on this forum by browsing topics others have written. I personally have learned a great deal. Good luck!

Thank you! I am going to revise my dosage to 8g of C 6g of L-lysine and 2g of Proline. I already have the C and lysine, but need to buy the proline, anyone have any recommendations on brands?

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”