Mixing Vitamin C and Proline powder

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

fredrik949

Mixing Vitamin C and Proline powder

Post Number:#1  Post by fredrik949 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:04 pm

I read that it is better to drink the Vitamin C through out the day rather than just taking in morning and at night. In the morning I mix my vitamin c powder in water along with the proline powder and drink it through the day. Just making sure that they are OK to be mixed together like that and that they won't react with each out and loose potency ?

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Mixing Vitamin C and Proline powder

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:21 pm

I take mine in powder form with Lysine and proline ..and was told not to do that...so I mix the dose and then drink it as it loses potency if mixed and sipped throughout the day...so I drink it 4 times a day

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:02 am

I am a little confused. Who would tell you not to mix you lysine and proline with vitamin C?

We learned from Sherry Lewin (Vitamin C: Its Biology and Medical Potential, 1976) that vitamin C breaks down in the gut in the presence of carbohydrates, but chelates with, and is protected by the presence of protein (amino acids.) So vitamin C combines with aminos, and this allows more to survive and enter the blood stream. We didn't know this in the beginning, but this feature of combining C with aminos may explain the spectacular success of the Pauling therapy powders.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

fredrik949

Post Number:#4  Post by fredrik949 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:52 am

OK so it is OK to mix together but conflicting info on if it is best to drink right away or if you can sip throughout the day?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:08 am

Sherry Lewin also posted a chart of vitamin C diluted in water. The vitamin breaks down by 50% in 4 hours, but stays at 50% indefinitely after that. The decay is dependent on concentration, temperature, etc. The more concentrated, the slower the decay.

I know of no similar measurements of vitamin C mixed with an amino acid in water, but I suspect the "chelating" between them might protect the C so that it would last longer.

I tend to add more vitamin C to my all day drink to account for the possible decay.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

fredrik949

Post Number:#6  Post by fredrik949 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:51 am

OK will just drink in morning and night for now. Thanks for the feedback. On a side note when I started this I had just caught a cold which usually lead to a bad sinus infection for me, but not this time. Hoping that was the Vitamin C and that it's a sign my immune system is prepped for the upcoming flue/cold season.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by skwoodwiva » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Hmm, fredrik949, I do not get the logic of your decision path in this thread. Not to mention alone Joanna45's post.

Now you want to take VC only twice a day?
There is a study posted in "My Journey" thread about how I fell right in line with its results of ~8 to 9 mg/dl VC blood concentration by taking the suggested 2 or so gr 6x or more a day. While washing the dose down with a L & P sippy cup solution.

My 2 cents...

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”