Can vitamin c lower blood sugar too much?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:48 pm
Contact:

Can vitamin c lower blood sugar too much?

Post Number:#1  Post by maryclaire » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Once in a while I get very light headed all at once, can't walk a straight...I check my blood pressure and it's not low...I can go from feeling good in the morning to feeling awful in the afternoon but by that time I've taken a lot of supplements.

If I was taking too much magnesium, wouldn't I be able to tell by having too low a blood pressure?

I'm not a diabetic but if I don't eat regularly I do get hypoglycemia.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: Can vitamin c lower blood sugar too much?

Post Number:#2  Post by zarfas » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:45 pm

maryclaire wrote:
I'm not a diabetic but if I don't eat regularly I do get hypoglycemia.



you get hypoglcemic? you know this becuase you "feel" it or you take your blood sugar? which makes no sense seeing as you arent diabetic

guys do fasting for 12+hours without problems because blood sugar is pretty tightly controlled

get an A1c check

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Can vitamin c lower blood sugar too much?

Post Number:#3  Post by maryclaire » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:02 pm

No diagnosis for hypoglycemia and no blood work. I just have gotten shaky if I skip a meal or get too hungry.

I think Owen doesn't need as much insulin when he has intravenous DMSO and I just was wondering if DMSO or supplements could bring down normal insulin levels to low insulin.

I don't have any other symptoms of diabetes.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard
Posts: 12414
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: Lisle, IL
Contact:

Re: Can vitamin c lower blood sugar too much?

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:10 am

maryclaire wrote:Once in a while I get very light headed all at once, can't walk a straight...I check my blood pressure and it's not low...I can go from feeling good in the morning to feeling awful in the afternoon but by that time I've taken a lot of supplements.

If I was taking too much magnesium, wouldn't I be able to tell by having too low a blood pressure?

I'm not a diabetic but if I don't eat regularly I do get hypoglycemia.


Many, many moons ago I had similar symptoms and a doctor and I spoke for over an hour. The end results was his recommendation that I take chromium (to help sugar metabolism) which I did at that time and the problem went away.

Another idea as you imply is hyperinsulinemia... producing too much of your own insulin. Which is fine until your blood is drained of glucose. You say that you are not diabetic. Do you check your blood glucose? This is the direction I would go.. Find out what the glucose numbers are. May have to change the pattern of how you eat. Apparently, we were "designed" to eat several smaller more frequent meals throughout the day.

Otherwise, it does sound like it may be caused by one of your supplements, but since it is "once in a while" it is hard to subtract. Do you want to list your supplements? There may be something obvious in the list.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Can vitamin c lower blood sugar too much?

Post Number:#5  Post by maryclaire » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:41 pm

My fasting blood sugar is 94 and Medicare won't pay for an a1c unless the fasting blood sugar is suspect. I did order the chromium because I've had self-diagnosed hypoglycemia for years. I remember telling my doctor about the lightheaded and shaky feeling and he said to eat peanuts with my pepsi :D I did drop that habit. :|

I'll have to spend some time on my supplement list when I have an afternoon off. Thanks everyone!

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: Can vitamin c lower blood sugar too much?

Post Number:#6  Post by zarfas » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:15 am

maryclaire wrote:My fasting blood sugar is 94 and Medicare won't pay for an a1c unless the fasting blood sugar is suspect. I did order the chromium because I've had self-diagnosed hypoglycemia for years. I remember telling my doctor about the lightheaded and shaky feeling and he said to eat peanuts with my pepsi :D I did drop that habit. :|

I'll have to spend some time on my supplement list when I have an afternoon off. Thanks everyone!


how much cardio do you do? like walking, or anything easy, SS/steady state cardio?

what is your bodyfat ?
94 is a good fasting blood sugar

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Can vitamin c lower blood sugar too much?

Post Number:#7  Post by maryclaire » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:43 am

I try but with my thyroid/adrenal problems I've had in the last year and then I had that darn steroid shot in my finger. I have gained a little weight..around 5-8 pounds in the last year...my bodyfat is 27% right now but I think I could get it down to 26% without alot of effort.

I did walk an hour yesterday and try to get at least 30 minutes a day...and some floor exercises.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: Can vitamin c lower blood sugar too much?

Post Number:#8  Post by zarfas » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:22 am

[quote="maryclaire"]I

sounds like you know whats going on
keep it up


Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Mn heart and 5 guests