any clear evidence?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: any clear evidence?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:28 am

No one says vitamin C and lysine lowers Lp(a)? Where did you get that from ? (other than the known effect of about 30% attributed to vitamin C and/or Niacin).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: any clear evidence?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:50 am

According to the Pauling/Rath unified theory, Lp(a) is acting as a surrogate for low vitamin C to strengthen your otherwise weak blood vessels. Since this (Lp(a) production) is a relatively new evolutionary adaption (to our ancestors having lost their ability to make their own vitamin C in the way the other animals do, e.g. because of our GULO defect) the production of Lp(a) can vary 1000 fold - according to the first Pauling/Rath patent.

Now your question was whether vitamin C and lysine are known to reduce Lp(a). They are not (more than 30%). In the guinea pig experiments, sufficient vitamin C kept Lp(a) from appearing in the blood, or becoming elevated, but there is no evidence that vitamin C and lysine alone will reduce Lp(a) that I know of.

So what do you do if your Lp(a) is elevated? First and foremost, you take Lp(a) binding inhibitors to inactivate the higher levels in the blood and render the Lp(a) "unsticky." The centerpiece is vitamin C, but it should also include niacin and lysine - and proline.

As I relate in my book... hint hint hint .. https://www.amazon.com/Practicing-Medicine-Without-License-Pauling-ebook/dp/B0731L3MF8/ref=sr_1_2_twi_kin_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1508503768&sr=8-2&keywords=fonorow+practicing+medicine a New York medical professor phoned me after his own elevated Lp(a) went to zero. This didn't happen on vitamin C and lysine, but only after he added proline - the only change that he made.

Should the Foundation ever get sufficient funding to form a laboratory, we will investigate whether proline will lower Lp(a) when added to vitamin C and lysine.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”