Vitamin-B6, Is it vital to CVD recovery?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Vitamin-B6, Is it vital to CVD recovery?

Post Number:#1  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:13 pm

I stumbled on this today. Startled I am.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... cOcq2sJUG9

Acquired Atherosclerosis: Theories of
Causation, Novel Therapies
Joseph G. Hattersley, M.A.
It says B6 deficiency plays a fundamental role in acquired atherosclerosis. Yet does support PT also. From early 90s it seems.

Hmm, I barely get 2 mg in my current B supplements. This says I need 50 minimum. But more like 100 or more!

Cardio-C appears to have none.
Heart Tech has 25 per 3 g AA.

Is P5P the best form?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin-B6, Is it vital to CVD recovery?

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:49 am

skwoodwiva wrote:Is P5P the best form?

P-5-P, also known as pyridoxal and pyridoxamine are the more bioavailable forms. Not to confusie with pyridoxine, the usual lesser form.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by Frodo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:30 am

Vitamin B6 in combination with folic acid and vitamin B12 lowers homocysteine. Homocysteine is a decisive risk factor for heart disease. Best kept under 10 umol/l. Target: 5 umol/l.
That's why I take it.
Do you know your homocysteine value?

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by skwoodwiva » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:58 pm

I am trying to economize on B6 supplementation. Is larger dosing on the cheap HCL form safe for older people? Say 100 to 200 mg a day?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by pamojja » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:31 pm

skwoodwiva wrote:Say 100 to 200 mg a day?

Below 200 mg seems to be safe. See what LPI has to say.

Regarding Pyroluria I heard from Trudy Scott that in her experience 100 mg of pyridoxal is equally effective as 500 mg of pyridoxin. Also see this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28716455/

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by Frodo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:27 am

skwoodwiva
Have you measured your vitamin B6 level? My level was OK, at most too high. But my homocysteine level was 15,7. Much too high. Therefore I took infusions with vitamin B6, B9 and B12. What about your homocysteine level?

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:17 am

Frodo wrote:skwoodwiva
Have you measured your vitamin B6 level? My level was OK, at most too high. But my homocysteine level was 15,7. Much too high. Therefore I took infusions with vitamin B6, B9 and B12. What about your homocysteine level?

My provider thinks this stat cannot be in my normal medical record. But I think about 15 was what I was told about June.
How low are you now?

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:48 am

skwoodwiva wrote:
Frodo wrote:skwoodwiva

My provider thinks this stat cannot be in my normal medical record. But I think about 15 was what I was told about June.
How low are you now?

I order p5p (purebulk) & will do maybe 50 mg. Not sure where to start...
As well as 9 400mcg & 12 1000mcg (Jarrow, b6 is only 1.5 of p5p) again not sure...

BTW Cobrazol topical pain killer, I am trying out for my shoulder. The Depo Medrol injection 2 months ago is now letting maybe 20% of the pain come back.
I may cut this new stuff with some DMSO too.
Not sure I want another injection of the same DM.
Rant on.
More polysorbate-80 drama: the Kenalog, best longest lasting one, Kaiser Permanente does not have without this adulteration.
As well as every vaccine they offer me. End rant.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by Frodo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:18 pm

My homocysteine level declined to 9,3. And I changed my folic acid. Now I take Optimized Folate (5 L-Methyfolate) from LE. Tomorrow I'll measure again.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by Frodo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:51 pm

I have forgotten. 15,7 were measured in the serum. Therefore the result could be faulty. Better is to measure in the plasma and to use a special blood "container". 9,3 were measured in the plasma (after infusions).

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by jimmylesante » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:18 pm

I dropped my Homocysteine from 14 down to 9 in two weeks by simply reducing my animal protein intake to minimal.
If i remember correctly excess homocysteine is a major risk factor as it oxidises cholesterol.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:34 am

We learn from Roger J. Williams book NUTRITION AGAINST DISEASE from the 70s that Vitamin B6 is a necessary co-factor (so is copper, and vitamin C is the main cofactor) in the body's manufacture of collagen. Williams reported on experiments with primates where depriving them of B6 created atheroslcerosis. So yes, a B6 "deficiency" can lead to atherosclerosis, again supporting the Pauling/Rath Unified Theory that the bodies lack of collagen, e.g. chronic scurvy, is at the root of heart disease. Usually supplies of B6 (and copper) are adequate, and it is the vitamin C deficiency which is paramount.

In any event, following Pauling's recommendation for "one or two Super-B Complex daily" should cover the B6 issue.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”