Im back :)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Im back :)

Post Number:#16  Post by pamojja » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Opti wrote:I used to follow paleo and then keto diet and my blood pressure was high and pulse was over 100 even at rest. Now with vegan diet my blood pressure is always below 120/70 and pulse below 60. So no more fat and meat for me.

P.S. That heme iron is gonna kill ya Pamojja ;)

You have to realize one man's medicine might be an others poison. And vice-versa. Being for more than 30 years on a vegan diet in my case has promoted most severe arteriosclerosis. It would be insanity to continue with the same strategy and expecting different results after such a long time. With emphasis again: Decades of a vegan diet has caused CVD for me! Changing diet reversed it.

I monitor my iron blood markers and am actually still deficient (only some betain-hcl brought it a little up). My average resting BP has been 109/72 for all those 9 years I changed my diet and supplemented. Never had a problem with high heart-rate.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#17  Post by zarfas » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:16 pm

Opti wrote:I used to follow paleo and then keto diet and my blood pressure was high and pulse was over 100 even at rest. Now with vegan diet my blood pressure is always below 120/70 and pulse below 60. So no more fat and meat for me.

P.S. That heme iron is gonna kill ya Pamojja ;)

agreed
men should donate blood

vegan is not the same as vegetarian
I'm on a low fat/vegetarian board and that is the solution for CAD is a diet high in veggies/fruit, raise NO(nitric oxide) and low in fat les than 20% calories from fat.
I've done my best to tell them about Vit C, but lots of conflict with some MDs and educated/pharma members,

high nitrate diet lowers risk of cancer and lowers BP

Food sources of nitrates and nitrites: the physiologic context for potential health benefit
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/90/1/1.full

The Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) studies found that diets rich in vegetables (ie, 8–10 servings) and low-fat dairy products can lower blood pressure to an extent similar to that achieved with single hypotensive medications

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#18  Post by pamojja » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 am

zarfas wrote:
Opti wrote:P.S. That heme iron is gonna kill ya Pamojja ;)

agreed
men should donate blood

You guys remind me of the comparison of Dr. Teitelbaum, who compares Doctors who refer to the 'normal range' of lab results (taken by leaving out the lowest and highest 2.5% of the population) to someone prescribing the average shoe-size the perfect fit for your individual feet..

For god's sake, if a man has deficient iron levels donating blood could only make it worse!

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#19  Post by zarfas » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:49 am

pamojja wrote:
zarfas wrote:
Opti wrote:P.S. That heme iron is gonna kill ya Pamojja ;)

agreed
men should donate blood

You guys remind me of the comparison of Dr. Teitelbaum, who compares Doctors who refer to the 'normal range' of lab results (taken by leaving out the lowest and highest 2.5% of the population) to someone prescribing the average shoe-size the perfect fit for your individual feet..

For god's sake, if a man has deficient iron levels donating blood could only make it worse!

not really

too little is much better than too much.....it is your choice, you are in perfect health, right? no need to change anythigng?

Opti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#20  Post by Opti » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:38 am

I agree with zarfas. If you are male you can't have too low iron, that is impossible unless you are constantly bleeding from somewhere.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#21  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:10 am

? Low iron is the definition, practically, of anemia. Women aren't the only ones to become anemic.

Also if you read Levy/Huggins - UNINFORMED CONSENT - you learn one of the reasons mercury is dangerous - it can substitute for iron in red blood corpuscles. By taking up the spot normally used by iron in hemoglobin, oxygen cannot be carried properly, meaning other cells cannot get oxygen. First symptom, tiredness. Iron molecules come and go, but mercury cannot be dislodged from the HG molecule.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#22  Post by confused1 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:35 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:Been on Vit C protocol for 9 months now, going to give it another 6 months get calcium scan and see if there's any improvement.

I came across this and thought you might find it interesting.
http://knowledgeofhealth.com/dietary-in ... #more-1422

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”