Im back :)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Im back :)

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:37 am

Been on Vit C protocol for 9 months now, going to give it another 6 months get calcium scan and see if there's any improvement.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Im back :)

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:49 am

Welcome, but your comment indicates trouble assimlating the information here, unless you consider vitamin K as part of the Pauling Therapy?

get calcium scan and see if there's any improvement

Vitamin C (and lysine/proline) will not, by themselves, improve a "calcium score." PT will not rapidly reverse the calcification's. We know this.

Vitamin K is required to move calcium from the arteries into bone. We have a topic at the top of this forum - why Vitamin K is part of the protocol http://www.vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11891)

Various heart drugs block vitamin K, leading to more calcification's.

If you are not taking vitamin K religiously, then a retest, while interesting, wouldn't be expected to show less calcium (We also think we know, that even with a high calcium score, the calcium is mostly filling holes on the outside of the artery, and blood flow can be good.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:57 am

Hi Owen

I take 2 capsules of Super K with advanced K2 complex. It's funny you mentioned calcium on outside if arteries because I asked my cardiologist how do I function so well with high calcium score. He said a lot of the calcium could be on outside of arteries. Do you think 2 capsules of Super K by Life extension is enough?

Thanks

Ken

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:21 am

Quickly, yes. (My wife and I take one Super-K daily - no calcium).

From earlier anecdotes, we don't know how long it takes to completely reverse calcium, but not longer than 1 year.

The other thing we learn as we go on living, is that there are optimum amounts. The recent Sen, et.al, cancer from India of the effects of vitamins C and B3 on cancer stem cells, is an example. A low concentration of vitamin C spurred cancer stem cell growth, then there was an optimal amount of C that killed these dangerous cells, but then a very high amount was counterproductive and again helped these cancer stem cells grow.

With nutrition, it is not always a straight line... Usually more is better, up to some point.

I would guess that 2 Super-Ks are better than one, but one Super-K has a least 100-200 times the dosage of ordinary (microgram) vitamin K supplements.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:30 am

Wow that's crazy so to little vitamin c can increase cancer growth along with to much vitamin C can also increase cancer growth. Makes it sound dangerous to supplement with vitamin C

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:28 am

Right! The RDA amounts recommended by the Government and Linus Pauling Institute, if the Indian study is valid, are dangerous, but only for cancer patients with these "cancer stem cells." (These are special cells that spawn more cancers, and are not ordinary cancer cells).

Remember too little is as bad as too much - and too much is probably more than anyone could tolerate.

Per our calculations, about 1 gram every 2 hours, or 12 grams per day, create the concentrations that are lethal to these "seeds of cancer".. (Cancer patients advised to take less than this amount are allowing the seeds of their own demise to proliferate.)

The "too high" amount is probably over 200 grams of vitamin C, so even the 80 grams being used to kill ordinary cancer cells shouldn't pose a problem.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 am

This is crazy, I don't know which way to go anymore

Opti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by Opti » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:56 pm

I've read that MSM is great for reversing calcification also. 8)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:48 am

And the "link" for MSM and calcification?

guitarplayer007 wrote:This is crazy, I don't know which way to go anymore

Have you ever thought you knew what to do?

You are missing the point that we living in what amounts to a video game. We learn as we go and reach new levels of understanding, some might say higher levels of consciousness. None of your posts have shown that you have any idea which way to go... Why not consider oxytocin https://www.amazon.com/Oxytocin-1-Kenneth-Stoller-ebook/dp/B008VD6LJC/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516102317&sr=8-1&keywords=stoller+oxytocin+volume+1+kindle

Nobody has the absolute knowledge you seek, no human anyway.

You have to be willing to apply your own reasoning... And in this case, where the simplest, safest, and least expensive and most effective therapy has deliberately not been studied by modern medicine, the knowledge of what you should do has be deliberately obfuscated
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:01 am

Yes that why I've done my own research, watched 1000's of videos on reversing CVD ,read tons of research. There may never be a consensus on how to stop/reverse CVD.
But I continue with LP protocol

Opti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by Opti » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:44 am

Well there is a cure for CVD and it's called vegan diet. https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2013nl/apr/fav5.htm
You can take all the supplements you want but if you put these bad foods in your mouth every single day then it's just like trying to fill a bucket that's full of holes.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by pamojja » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:25 am

Opti wrote:Well there is a cure for CVD and it's called vegan diet.

One more to X-times I'll add my experience:

I have been vegan since 10 years of age - no meat, fish, eggs or any added fats. With 41 years of age my abdominal aorta bifurcation developed a 80% blockage, and got a 60% walking-disability from that PAD.

After 6 years of adding in fish, eggs, loads of healthy fats again (in fact up to 70% of calorie intake from fat), and Orthomolecular medicine reversed that disability. Which just show's that we all have different bio-chemical individualities and there is no one size fits all.

No more vegan for me.

Opti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#13  Post by Opti » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:02 pm

I used to follow paleo and then keto diet and my blood pressure was high and pulse was over 100 even at rest. Now with vegan diet my blood pressure is always below 120/70 and pulse below 60. So no more fat and meat for me.

P.S. That heme iron is gonna kill ya Pamojja ;)

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by pamojja » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Opti wrote:I used to follow paleo and then keto diet and my blood pressure was high and pulse was over 100 even at rest. Now with vegan diet my blood pressure is always below 120/70 and pulse below 60. So no more fat and meat for me.

P.S. That heme iron is gonna kill ya Pamojja ;)

You have to realize one man's medicine might be an others poison. And vice-versa. Being for more than 30 years on a vegan diet in my case has promoted most severe arteriosclerosis. It would be insanity to continue with the same strategy and expecting different results after such a long time. With emphasis again: Decades of a vegan diet has caused CVD for me! Changing diet reversed it.

I monitor my iron blood markers and am actually still deficient (only some betain-hcl brought it a little up). My average resting BP has been 109/72 for all those 9 years I changed my diet and supplemented. Never had a problem with high heart-rate.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by pamojja » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 am

zarfas wrote:
Opti wrote:P.S. That heme iron is gonna kill ya Pamojja ;)

agreed
men should donate blood

You guys remind me of the comparison of Dr. Teitelbaum, who compares Doctors who refer to the 'normal range' of lab results (taken by leaving out the lowest and highest 2.5% of the population) to someone prescribing the average shoe-size the perfect fit for your individual feet..

For god's sake, if a man has deficient iron levels donating blood could only make it worse!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”