Drug Eluting Stents

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

nic
Contributor
Contributor

Drug Eluting Stents

Post Number:#1  Post by nic » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:39 pm

I have medicated stents in the LAD and Circ. inserted just under 3 months ago, and have just started the Pauling Therapy with Quali-C and Lysine, (waiting on my Cardio C to arrive).

Read a few previous discussions about drug eluting stents interfering with the Pauling Therapy.

Any good data or anecdotes on what has worked, what has not?

The Xience stents give off the drug everolimus for a limited time: "drug elution into the coronary wall for weeks to months after stent implantation to reduce the local proliferative healing response."
https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/ ... verview#a2

Might the PT work better after the drug has "eluted out"?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Drug Eluting Stents

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:21 am

From the cases, esp. Carol Smith, more vitamin C (and Unqiue-E vitamin E) - not less -- made her more normal and pain free. (In her case they used a "wrong sized" stent, but adding vitamin C, apparently for pain relief, helped. Her cases are in the book, and at the bottom of PaulingTherapy.com.

So If I had a "medicated" stent, I would be taking vitamin C to bowel tolerance 24/7 - as vitamin C will do better (with lysine and vitamin E) than the reason for the stent. PT should keep the stent from occluding and the arteries re-occluding.

Again, as per my book, they came up with these "medicated" stents to try and kill the process of healing - which is all atherosclerosis really is. Plaque otherwise regrows in 40% of the stents.

Be happy that they didn't use a "radiated" stent
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

nic
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#3  Post by nic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:39 pm

According to my cardiologist the stent will have finished eluting it's drug load by 6 months.

So I'm hoping to get normal healing at that point.

Would you expect the PT to work better at the 6 month mark for the stent location?

Have had a lot of achiness, nothing like angina, but not desirable long term.

Nick

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by Frodo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:45 am

I collapsed at the gym. After 10 minutes of resuscitation I was back on earth. Emergency surgery in the clinic. I got 3 lad stents and a stent in the diagonal knot. Of which 3 stents are coated with drugs. And they have torn a blood vessel (I didn't know about). I didn't have any pain afterwards but I was scared. I should take the following drugs - partly lifelong: blood thinner, ASS, beta blocker, statin, antihypertensive drugs and drugs for the stomach. Because I was afraid my blood was getting too thin - because of my high omega-3 level, I asked "all over the world". Everyone told me that I have to take the drugs. And I should do without vitamins and omega-3.
I took prasugrel and ASS for about 8 months. Nothing else. I had always taken dietary supplements (C,E,B,D, amino acids, omega-3 and so on). But not enough. I read Owen's book and I started PT in january 2017. And I feel good. My damaged heart muscle is working again. My LEF is almost normal.
DES don't heal, I fear otherwise. But in the distress you have no other chance than "coronary plumbing".

nic
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by nic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:28 am

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Is ASS a typo for ASA, i.e., aspirin?

What is LEF?

Nick

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by Frodo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:14 am

nic wrote:Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Is ASS a typo for ASA, i.e., aspirin?

What is LEF?

Nick

ASS is aspirin. And LEF is the "left ejections fraction" of the heart.
Do you know Louis Ignarro's book about NO (nitric oxid)? And do you take arginine and citrulline?
It's not only "feeling better". I am fit. And I do exercises every day. Around 2 hours. Walking, cycling. boxing, body building - and I started running again.

nic
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by nic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:12 am

Not familiar with Ignarro's book on NO, but do Dr. Zach Bush's NO Dump calisthenics, along with a lot of other exercise.

Dr. Mercola introduced me to it with his fantastic website
https://www.mercola.com/calendar/2018/fitness.htm

Have taken arginine, but not familiar with citrulline...

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by Frodo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:57 am

I know Dr. Mercola and his bookss. I get his daily newsletter. He is good, but I don't think that he would recommend PT with 25 grams C and 9 grams lysine/2 grams proline (And that's what I take actually.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”