LPa Treatment Question

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: LPa Treatment Question

Post Number:#16  Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:10 am

Good question, but first

Also, cut back on egg yokes

The yokes are the most nutritious part of the egg! Almost a complete food, except for vitamin C (which the chicks will be able to make for themselves.) The book that reinforces this point is Roger J Williams THE WONDERFUL WORLD WITHIN YOU... which the Riordan clinic has posted online https://riordanclinic.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/The_Wonderful_World_Within_You.pdf

Linus Pauling, in his book, not only recommends the entire egg, but takes time to point out that there is a feedback system, so that if the intake of cholesterol is too little, the body will make more of its own. Cholesterol has many vital functions, including detoxification. And yes, cholesterol becomes elevated when a person is fighting heart disease, but it is not the cause of the disease, but rather the body's reaction, i.e.,a symptom.

As far as Lp(a) and LDL, yes, Lp(a) is a form (subset) of LDL (with a sticky apo(a) attached to the surface.) Many of the Lp(a) numbers thus appear to be nonsense, perhaps because long ago the FDA allowed labs to "compute" Lp(a), rather than actually measure it. And even measuring it could be misleading, because the size of an Lp(a) molecule can vary, I think Pauling said by a thousand fold. The smaller Lp(a) molecules are more "atherogenic", i.e. more prone to cause the build up of atherosclerotic plaque. So the absolute weight may not be indicative of the risk.

If Lp(a) is present, then again, the Lp(a) binding inhibitors vitamin C, lysine (and proline) would be of value to help prevent the Lp(a) from forming plaques that impede blood flow. Since the Pauling/Rath theory is that these Lp(a)-plaques are acting as surrogates for low vitamin C (which would otherwise strengthen the artery from the increased production of collagen), everything depends on higher doses of vitamin C
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: LPa Treatment Question

Post Number:#17  Post by zarfas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Unheardof wrote:Yes I am in the US. I actually took one of those wellnessfx comprehensive blood tests just for fun. Turned out it wasn’t so fun finding out I had high Lpa (which I hadn’t even heard of before taking the test.

I am not on HRT. Testosterone was included in that test that’s I took and my total and free were in the good ranges. I have been a weightlifter for a long time but never dabbled in any hormone altering supplements.

cool
cool cool

Ive near heard of any test that included LpA, unless it was asked for, glad you got it

the ranges for testosterone vary by lab and the number itself wont tell the full story, you needa HS--estradiol test also; at least most men do, you are lean, so I doubt you have much e2, but the T/E ratio is what should be looked at, range of 25+ is good

HRT is not just testostrone, but you are really young at 35, so no need..just useful to know your numbers

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”