Well i'm i'm coming up on 12 months of LP protocol

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Well i'm i'm coming up on 12 months of LP protocol

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:02 pm

and still have Angina when I exercise moderately...Maybe its not going to work due to my root canals or cavities...or its going to take a lot longer due to high calcium score . Maybe its my stent I had put in 2009...Who the hell knows anymore. I'll probably get another calcium score in April which will be 12 months since the last one and see if its gotten worse or better.

Ken

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Well i'm i'm coming up on 12 months of LP protocol

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Ken ...I’m sorry to hear that .for me the Pauling thearpy was a cure for me ..I also was having some angina pain when excercising..which stopped completely after 2 weeks on the Pt..it will be 2 years in June since since starting PT. I am using hearth Tech from tower labs .at first I used 2 jars a month for 16 months which was 4 scoops day .now I use 3 scoops a day plus I add 3 scoops a day of pure aacorbic acid in between that ..so I am taking about 9000 of C a day ..also niacin, super K from lef.magnesium,b12, 150 mg of B complex, I would like to try again to get off Prilosec .now that i’m Feeling good plan on doing that..my narrowing was not in my heart but in the superior mesenteric artery and the celiac artery ..have been able to eat and no extreme stomach pain..the doctor would not repeat the mesenteric duplex ultrasound ..she said because I was now not having any symptoms ..I do need to step up my walking regiment..I do yoga and lift weights .and downhill ski at least 3 or 4.days a week ..by the way my mesenteric artery was 50% blocked...I have not had a calcium score ..but Lipoprotein a is 12 cholesterol is very good triglycerides were 53

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by Joanna45 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Ken how is your diet I eat healthy most of the time..

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:05 pm

Ken;
What kind of pulse readings are you at when you get the Pain??

Were finding that a lot of people who have had stents implanted start getting pain around the 95-100 bpm range that usually goes away when their pulse drops down.
See if you can pinpoint your threshold. Most gyms have a pulse monitor of some kind. If your doing this at home you can pick up a pulse, oximeter for about $10-$20. Either online and I’ve seen them at the big box stores also!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 pm

Joanna45 wrote:Ken how is your diet I eat healthy most of the time..

I'm currently in the Ornish program so basically vegan 99% of the time. I'm starting to think high glucose is the real culprit that injures the arteries and since I've been pre-diabetic since my Stent in 2009 I think that might be the real problem

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 pm

Joanna45 wrote:Ken ...I’m sorry to hear that .for me the Pauling thearpy was a cure for me ..I also was having some angina pain when excercising..which stopped completely after 2 weeks on the Pt..it will be 2 years in June since since starting PT. I am using hearth Tech from tower labs .at first I used 2 jars a month for 16 months which was 4 scoops day .now I use 3 scoops a day plus I add 3 scoops a day of pure aacorbic acid in between that ..so I am taking about 9000 of C a day ..also niacin, super K from lef.magnesium,b12, 150 mg of B complex, I would like to try again to get off Prilosec .now that i’m Feeling good plan on doing that..my narrowing was not in my heart but in the superior mesenteric artery and the celiac artery ..have been able to eat and no extreme stomach pain..the doctor would not repeat the mesenteric duplex ultrasound ..she said because I was now not having any symptoms ..I do need to step up my walking regiment..I do yoga and lift weights .and downhill ski at least 3 or 4.days a week ..by the way my mesenteric artery was 50% blocked...I have not had a calcium score ..but Lipoprotein a is 12 cholesterol is very good triglycerides were 53

Thanks Joanna I appreciate it!!!

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:43 pm

Johnwen wrote:Ken;

Were finding that a lot of people who have had stents implanted start getting pain around the 95-100 bpm range that usually goes away when their pulse drops down.
See if you can pinpoint your threshold. Most gyms have a pulse monitor of some kind. If your doing this at home you can pick up a pulse, oximeter for about $10-$20. Either online and I’ve seen them at the big box stores also!

I'm not sure what my pulse readings are when I get my Angina. BTW my angina always presents itself in face and jaw, I have never had chest pain.
My blood pressure is usually 110/70 and that's on just 2.5 of BP med. Probably don't even need it anymore.
Ken

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 am

Yes I'm lean although I'm 5'4 with muscle so I'm not skinny, whole food plant based diet.... like McDougall says he knows plenty of fat vegans, they live on potato chips and soda

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:37 am

Also like McDougall says, in 40 years never met a protein deficient human, it's almost impossible unless you're dying of starvation. I always say ask an elephant where they get their protein lol.... food industry will focus on one nutrient like protein and sell the hell out of it commercial after commercial

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by Johnwen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:17 pm

BTW my angina always presents itself in face and jaw, I have never had chest pain.

Angina;
A disease marked by brief paroxysmal attacks of chest pain precipitated by deficient oxygenation of the heart muscles

Got that out of the way!!

Have you ever checked you BP when you are getting these Facial pains?
A low BP can cause a ischemic pain of the facial muscle’s which is like the nerve pain associated with a heart problem.

Here’s another test you can do on this is since you work out. Which is do a series of rapid Body Twists were you place your forearms bent up and your arms tucked against your ribs and make a fist with both hands. Then twist left and right from the hips up. Holding your legs and hips stationary.
Do about 10 reps then stop and stand still for a little well and see if you get this pain.

First I would check BP and pulse and see what their doing. Before doing the twist check.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by guitarplayer007 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 am

Hi Johwen

I normally get my facial angina if I jog to fast or run hard for a short time. Last summer I was doing some mild wind sprints. I would run/jog about 75 yards then rest about 1 minute. That usually didn't produce angina but I wasn't sprinting.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#12  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:01 am

Johnwen wrote:Ken;

Hi Johnwen,

I was getting this facial pain/jaw pain before i even had the stent so it's probably not the stent that's causing it? I probably shouldn't call it pain, more like a feeling of pressure. Considering my calcium score is so high I'm fairly functional. I play golf and walk and push my cart about 7 miles when I play, I do low intensity interval training for about 30 minutes. I just want this fing Angina gone already. In Dr. Rath's book he states if you have advanced CVD like me it can take well over a year to see reversal

Ken

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:40 am

I won't know til I have blood work possibly next week. Been taking 1000 mg of niacin as well. Doesn't seem like any drfinative studies if niacin helps reduce LPa.

Ken

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:09 am

zarfas wrote:
guitarplayer007 wrote:I won't know til I have blood work possibly next week. Been taking 1000 mg of niacin as well. Doesn't seem like any drfinative studies if niacin helps reduce LPa.

let us know what changes your lpa have made.

Will do

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”