Dosage to reduce LDLp

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Dosage to reduce LDLp

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:21 am

What is the recommended dosage of Cardio-C per day to reduce LDLp. I have been using 2 scoops a day for about 5 months. My most recent test showed marked improvement(from 2200 to 1796 with normal at less than 1000) , but still far above normal. Should I increase to 3 scoops or consider the Tower product? I want the proline and I am already supplementing with the extra vitamins. My next test is in May. Thank you for your response.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Dosage to reduce LDLp

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:39 am

First a question??
What is your LDL-C levels?
By comparing the two levels, will show if there is a discordance in the amounts. If there is a severe variation then it could be presented as a problem!
However even statins won’t have any effect on the balance except to lower the LDL-C further. Usually LDL-C is Lower then LDL-P to begin with. Statins will just leaves the LDL-P higher!

What to do ?
Niacin, omega-3 fatty acids, exercise and low carbohydrate diets have all shown to lower LDL-P!

Remember LDL-P tends to hold triglycerides more then cholesterol so anything that can lower your glucose levels would help in lowering these.
If your diabetic you should talk to your doc about getting your glucose as low as possible.

So I would say hold the course your on with PT add some Niacin and fish oil to your routine and watch your sugar intake and remember not to eat or drink any sweets within 1 hour of V-C intake!

Hope this helps!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by francisunderwood » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:45 am

Why no sweets with vitamin c? Just curious as I take my C and lysine with 2 oz of pom juice.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:30 am

“Why no sweets with vitamin c? Just curious as I take my C and lysine with 2 oz of pom juice.”

I’ll let my fingers do most of the talking here to answer this question!
This person has a High LDL-P reading since it’s known this form of LDL which is usually smaller particles also has a affinity to carry triglycerides (tri’s) therefore reducing the amount of tri’s will also lower the production of this form of LDL. So first let’s look at were the tri’s come from and what is needed to produce them.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/convers ... -2218.html

So we see that eating or consuming high carb foods (sugars) can and do blend in with fats to form tri’s. Now we take V-C and add it to this picture and what happens?

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/60/5/735/4732022

We see that taking a good dose of V-C now blunts the production of insulin which in turn means that now with the consumption of sugars there is a increase dose of sugars circulating. Which the body must do something with it so it stores and utilizes it. It also make’s more available to form with fats to form tri’s.

But the sugars and V-C also compete for transporters into the system and usually the sugars win! Which means less of the V-C enters the system when sugars are present.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10613768

So I believe one can see taking sugars in any form is adding a competitive substance to getting the V-C into the system and getting it to where it’s needed. So it’s best especially when you are already exhibiting signs of high tri’s to give some space in time between the consumption of these two products. Then you’ll have the benefits both can bring!!

Hope this helps in your understanding of this process!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”