lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

sammy12345
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:24 am
Contact:

lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#1  Post by sammy12345 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:15 pm

There is studies showing casein causes atherosclerosis because of the lysine : arginine ratio ( I think it is 1:1 or 1:1.5), and soy protein reverses atherosclerosis because of the opposite ratio of around 1: 8 . So why did Pauling promote lysine? Was he trying to cause atherosclerosis in people?

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 795
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:54 am

Casein might cause atherosclerosis for other reasons. If you could link to the study you meant I could point out it flaws to you.

sammy12345
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:24 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#3  Post by sammy12345 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:38 am

There is lots. There was some from 100 years ago but can't find them again but here is others

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2783196

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6683911

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12957678

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6682643

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4074452

Google the name of each one to find the DOI on another journal website then use sci hub for full article.

I just watched a video of Robert beck on youtube. He was a huge pharma shill giving deliberately false information. It is interesting to note all the misinformation about health comes from the most knowledgeable people on the planet about it- the pharma scientists- which you appear to be one.

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 795
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:02 am

sammy12345 wrote:There is lots. There was some from 100 years ago but can't find them again but here is others

- the pharma scientists- which you appear to be one.


So you can't even link one study which shows a correlation of lysine and arteriosclerosis?

By your incessant defamation of orthemolecular medicine with nothing to back it up, it is really you who fills the deep pockets of big Pharma.

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 795
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#5  Post by pamojja » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:07 am

But Owen can be proud. The FDA couldn't shut this forum down. Now this anyway not very populated forum is attacked from new members, trying to bring it to its knees. That much they fear you, Owen, to give your little forum so much attention.

And by the ridiculous method of accusing those having health-wise profited the most from orthomolecular medicine - and by refusing any and all pharmaceuticals, like the oldest members here - of being pharma shills. Truly apprentices from Orwell 1984.

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 795
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:20 am

pamojja wrote:Truly apprentices from Orwell 1984.


But really no knowledge of good debate. Every thread sammy12345 till now started, was filled with ad-hominems and straw-men-arguments right from the beginning, without any evidence. Really poor discussion skills. Hope he gets paid accordingly.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 pm
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#7  Post by jimmylesante » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:51 pm

These people don't care to win the argument Pamojja just to have the title and a comment or two to ridicule what works.
If it is a nonsense Owen should delete the thread or change the title.

sammy12345
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:24 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#8  Post by sammy12345 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:55 pm

I posted the links about casein, and they mention the lysine arginine ratio. Feel free to refute it.

And you want someone to censor the thread? Standard pharma shill tactics but it is your forum so do what you must.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#9  Post by zarfas » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:53 am

sammy12345 wrote: So why did Pauling promote lysine? Was he trying to cause atherosclerosis in people?
he promotes lysine because he knows more than you.
Ive been taking loads of lysine/proline daily, in eggwhites, for the last 17 years or so
Id have really clogged arteries if lysine clogged arteries.

sammy12345
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:24 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#10  Post by sammy12345 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:53 am

Maybe he should of reviewed the literature on lysine arginine, and casein going back to the first experiments on rabbits 100 years ago then. Oh wait I assume he knew of them, and was a sadist, so told people to take lysine to cause atherosclerosis.

The literature is pretty clear eggs cause horrendous disease like lethal prostate cancer so if someone was basing a diet on the literature eggs would not be in it. And I assume you are a shill sadist, lying, and promoting something harmful which you don't actually do yourself.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#11  Post by zarfas » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:22 am

sammy12345 wrote:Maybe he should of reviewed the literature on lysine arginine, and casein going back to the first experiments on rabbits 100 years ago then. Oh wait I assume he knew of them, and was a sadist, so told people to take lysine to cause atherosclerosis.

The literature is pretty clear eggs cause horrendous disease like lethal prostate cancer so if someone was basing a diet on the literature eggs would not be in it. And I assume you are a shill sadist, lying, and promoting something harmful which you don't actually do yourself.

eggs are fine, if you only eat eggwhites, which I do, the yolks contain fat and a lot of AA, Arachidonic acid is an inflammatory omega-6 fatty acid.
so dont eat that

you keep claiming that "lysine cause atherosclerosis." you are wrong, what are you basing this on?

collagen cannot be made without lysine.


Lysine, like steel rods in concrete, makes collagen stronger. ... This causes collagen to fracture, resulting in the formation of a blood clot and death. Dr. Sydney Bush, an English researcher, has now proven that vitamin C can reverse atherosclerosis.
Bush took retinal photographs, then started his patients on high doses of vitamin C and lysine. One year later, additional pictures showed atherosclerosis had regressed in retinal arteries. This also occurs in coronary and other arteries.
http://www.timescolonist.com/life/healt ... s-1.322233

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 pm
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#12  Post by jimmylesante » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:38 am

The literature is pretty clear eggs cause horrendous disease like lethal prostate cancer

Sammy12345 I see why you stopped at 5 because you can't count to 10 yet .
Show us this "literature"

sammy12345
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:24 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#13  Post by sammy12345 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Not sure what you mean by posting at 5 not 10. Sounds like you are an autist. Here is the literature you asked for

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3232297/

In conclusion, consumption of eggs may increase risk of developing a lethal-form of prostate cancer among healthy men.

proline is the most important aa for collagen then threonine which converts to glycine once the nervous system i think it is. there is some problem with just taking glycine orally.

Im feeling better on the PABA after only one day on it. Boo yeh.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#14  Post by zarfas » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:08 am

jimmylesante wrote:
The literature is pretty clear eggs cause horrendous disease like lethal prostate cancer

Sammy12345 I see why you stopped at 5 because you can't count to 10 yet .
Show us this "literature"

I think what Sammy is trying to scare us with is AA, ie Arachidonic Acid
Arachadonic Acid has been shown in many studies to increase systemic inflammation


http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Arachid ... ngers.aspx
a prolix, yet interesting site

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3982713/
Arachidonic acid metabolism in human prostate cancer
---The arachidonic acid pathway is important in the development and progression of numerous malignant diseases, including prostate cancer.



this is why eating too many eggs CAN be a bad idea, but check your HS-CRP levels and if you have low inflammation, I wouldnt worry very much
eating eggwhites, proline/lysine/ non fat, are good to go

eating a high fat diet is likely going to lead to cancer, keep your bmi/bodyfat low and inflammation(CRP) low

sammy12345
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:24 am
Contact:

Re: lysine arginine ratio and atherosclerosis

Post Number:#15  Post by sammy12345 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:19 am

Interesting. Would have to look on nutrtiondata to see the AA content of different foods.

The top 2 fatty acids in the body are oleic, and then palmitic, and they are both in eggs, animal products, and nuts however in eggs they are in a certain ratio, and in nuts the ratio is different. Studies on palmitic acid alone show it causes bad disease, and oleic does the opposite but because both are present in eggs which do cause disease, and nuts which dont it may be their ratio. Look up the ratios on nutritiondata.org

And animal protein causes disease but not fish protein because of lysine/arginine which was in another thread. And the steroid hormones from a dead baby chicken cause disease.


Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests