C with or without food or....?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

bzmazu

C with or without food or....?

Post Number:#1  Post by bzmazu » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 am

Newbie here...somewhere on this big forum I thought I saw instructions on when to take the C...but now lost it...find this forum difficult, not as intuitive as others...anyway, take the C w food, or an hour before, or two hours after?? Thanks for any help!

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: C with or without food or....?

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:29 am

I take mine on an empty stomach 30 minutes before eating..

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:46 am

bzmazu wrote:..anyway, take the C w food, or an hour before, or two hours after?? Thanks for any help!

Vitamin C shares and therefore competes the same uptake receptor with glucose. Therefore any food present in the stomach could lessen the uptake. Doesn't mean this competition is 100% knocking each other out. We still do absorb some vitamin C even when taken only with food.

To maximize the uptake one takes it best on least filled stomach, which as already said is about 20 minutes before a meal to get the most out of equal doses. If you really want even much high serum levels orally, one can't pay any attention to meals but takes it anyway up to every 20 minutes throughout the day.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by zarfas » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:17 am

or just be healthy
and fast and take some vit C when fasting...along with some eggwhites(lysine.proline) and when you DO eat
eat some veggies/fruit, stuff containing vit C

fasting is only going to help you , it wont hurt you

remember, you train your body to be hunger
the traiing takes months to weeks and is broken like this:

Released primarily from the stomach, ghrelin goes to the brain where, predictable, there is a specific receptor. Among other functions, ghrelin raises levels of growth hormone. But that’s far from all.
Ghrelin also stimulates hunger (the only hormone so far found to do so) and appears to be a key hormone in initiating the hunger that goes along with meals; ghrelin drops prior to hunger and injection of ghrelin stimulates hunger specifically.
So if you normally eat at 3pm (or whatever), you’ll likely find yourself becoming hungry at 3pm; this appears to occur from changes in ghrelin. I suspect this explains why people often have problems changing meal frequency, at least until ghrelin re-entrains itself to the new frequency.

That is, moving from a higher to lower frequency of meals is often accompanied by hunger at the previously ‘normal’ meal times. Moving from lower to higher is often accompanied by a lack of hunger until the body adjusts to the new frequency. I haven’t seen any work examining how long this takes but empirically it seems like it’s a couple of weeks or so.

Increased ghrelin also negatively impacts on pretty much all aspects of metabolism, slowing metabolism and increasing fat storage, at least it does this in rats with daily infusion.
aka
lyle mcdonalds
https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/ ... ones.html/

yet russians and leangains.com are all about 12-24hour fasts and they(russians) report better health from fasting,,maybe cause fasting lowers IGF-1
higher IGF-1, higher levels of inflammation

bzmazu

Post Number:#5  Post by bzmazu » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Thank you all for your input...learning much

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”