For John Wen, Owen and other Super-C Boardies Re Earthing Mats

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For John Wen, Owen and other Super-C Boardies Re Earthing Mats

Post Number:#1  Post by lolex » Thu May 03, 2018 10:41 pm

I'm seriously considering investing in an "Earthing Mat"... having been impressed by the writings of Dr Mercola and Dr Sinatra on the topic. Both emphasise that it arrests inflammation and is good for anyone suffering from Cardio vascular issues.

I had a double bypass two years ago and have been following the Pauling Protocols for nearly 2.5 years.

Dr Mercola says "Grounding helps thin your blood by improving its zeta potential, which means it improves the energy between your red blood cells. Research has demonstrated it takes about 80 minutes for the free electrons from the earth to reach your blood stream and transform your blood."
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... ffect.aspx

Dr Sinatra, another respected (Web) Doctor is a champion of Earthing. What they say makes a lot of sense to me.
https://www.drsinatra.com/boost-heart-h ... -grounding

I take Plavix... though I'd prefer not to, I'm persuaded by my Cardiologist that I should. I also take Cozaar and Lercanidipine.

I don't take Aspirin due to a mild allergic reaction to it long term.

I also take supplements, that you'll be familiar with, that "naturopath news" artcles say thin the blood:

Per day quantities -

Vitamin C - 10 grams
Unique E - 1 capsule 432mg
Ubiquinol - 1 x 50mg
Vitamin D - 1 x 5,000 IU
Pycnogenol – 1 x 100mg
Fish Oil 1 x (EPA 540mg, DHA 300mg) alternating daily with Flaxseed & Sunflower Oils - 1 teaspoon of each.
Koncentrated-K - 1 capsule per day

Surprisingly, I don't bruise easily... don't bruise often. I've had a gene test done and I'm a rapid Plavix metaboliser - and standard dose strongly recommended .

Dr Mercola says that "Grounding is contraindicated if you take Coumadin, as it may thin your blood too much."

However, Plavix has a very different action to Warfarin. And there doesn't seem to be a test that tells how thick or thin your blood is, if you are not on Warfarin.

Another quote from Dr S.
"Dr. Sinatra has been coaching a team led by Dr. Oschman in how to measure blood viscosity using a method called zeta potential. It measures the potential on your red blood cells by determining how fast they migrate in an electrical field. It turns out that when you ground to the earth, the zeta potential of your red blood cells quickly rises, which means your red blood cells have more charge on their surface, which forces them apart from each other.
This action causes your blood to thin and flow easier. It also causes your blood pressure to drop."

QUESTION (and I know it's not answerable with any degree of certainty)

Do you think I should go ahead and use an Earthing Mat? I'm scared stiff of getting a stroke.

While any definitive answer is next to impossible, I’d very much appreciate your thoughts…

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: For John Wen, Owen and other Super-C Boardies Re Earthing Mats

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sat May 05, 2018 9:48 pm

However, Plavix has a very different action to Warfarin.

You are correct Plavix is a Platelet aggregation inhibitor and Warfarin is a true blood thinner / anticoagulant.

And there doesn't seem to be a test that tells how thick or thin your blood is, if you are not on Warfarin.

The test used to see how good Warfarin is working and the dose needed to keep it in range is called an PT/INR test. Or just an INR test which is calculated off of the PT (prothrombin time) test.

https://labtestsonline.org/tests/prothr ... atio-ptinr

Testing for Platelet aggregation is called a Platelet Function Test which are not usually given for PAI’s unless the patient exhibits signs and symptoms of unusual bleeding. Then it still usually isn’t ordered because it’s expensive and the doc will just switch the patient to a different name drug with a lower dosing available.

https://labtestsonline.org/tests/platel ... tion-tests

Your vitamins and supplements.
Given what your doc is trying to do with your blood is being countered by Koncentrated-K which contains Vitamin K1 which promotes blood clumping and is the target of Warfarin which your not taking but your still adding another factor that could contribute to the problem you fear!
There’s plenty of other supplements with just K2 (MK7,MK4) in them or a combo of K2-D3 would be more beneficial in keeping calcium going to where it belongs.
So stop that!
Another thing you should consider given what you had done is Serrapeptase look it up. I call it Drano for the arteries once you find out what it does you’ll see what I’m talking about.
The rest of your list looks good! Don’t miss a single day with any of it!!!

The grounding mat isn’t going to hurt anything useless your standing on it outside in a lightning storm then you rolling the dice!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Sun May 06, 2018 4:01 am

Johnwen wrote:Given what your doc is trying to do with your blood is being countered by Koncentrated-K which contains Vitamin K1 which promotes blood clumping and is the target of Warfarin which your not taking but your still adding another factor that could contribute to the problem you fear!
There’s plenty of other supplements with just K2 (MK7,MK4) in them or a combo of K2-D3 would be more beneficial in keeping calcium going to where it belongs.
So stop that!

Wouldn't a simple PT/INR sort out if that is the case?

For example in my case the years before koncentrated-K my PT has been 94 in average, after starting with koncentrated-K it rose to >120 for years (70-120 normal range, with anticoagulant like warfarin I heard even 200-300 range). So in my case koncentrated-K exhibited even an anti-clumping activity!

And with 25mg of K2-mk4 additional to 500mcg K2-mk7 it's actually the most potent K2 supplement on the market.

Do you think I should go ahead and use an Earthing Mat? I'm scared stiff of getting a stroke.

You only will know once you try. I haven't tried an earthing mat, but each year in the deepest winter I go bare-food for 6 weeks on a South-Indian beach. Interesting was that in these times always liver and kidney marker improved (surprising, considering the pollution there), but my inflammation marker always rose compared to home. If I had to choose between a earthing mat and a flight ticket, I would choose the later :D (since it provides not only natural earthing, but sauna too..)

PS: Take many more anticoagulant supplements and never had a problem with that. But even and only a tiny baby aspirin gives me bloody stools, therefore abstain from that too.

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by lolex » Wed May 16, 2018 3:33 am

" Johnwen wrote....
Another thing you should consider given what you had done is Serrapeptase look it up. I call it Drano for the arteries once you find out what it does you’ll see what I’m talking about.!"

I took your advice, John, and googled Serrapeptase. Read 3 or 4 reputable sites and none of these had warnings about a 'draino effect.'

The Life Extension.Org site is typical:
http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2 ... as/Page-01

I'd post the content but Owen doesn't like that.

It seems quite safe....

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 20, 2018 8:20 am

Rereading your list of supplements - I didn't see either amino acid lysine or proline :?:

And you should know that two Plavix trials were stopped prematurely - because the placebo groups were faring much better.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”