New Bypass - worried about Proline and Vitamin C

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

New Bypass - worried about Proline and Vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:18 am

Hello:

I am a 66 year old woman who underwent an aortic valve replacement and 1 bypass three months ago. I am now researching how to best maintain my cardiac health, as I certainly would like to prevent any future hospitalizations and surgery. When I came across your information, frankly, I was stunned. But it makes sense – my Lp(a) is twice as high as it should be and likely was the main culprit in my atherosclerosis being so bad at my age and state of health. I was prescribed the maximum dose of a statin plus a high dose of beta blocker and aspirin, but want to improve my heart naturally if at all possible. Also, I understand statins are of no use with Lp(a).

My question – are there any contraindications for someone with my history in taking cardiac C as prescribed? I read somewhere the proline may pose a small risk of plaque becoming unstabilized?? Also, don’t high doses of Vitamin C harm the stomach lining and cause GI problems? If we can get around these questions, I would like to purchase the product. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time.

Sincerely,

Carol

Aspirin (not vitamin C) can harm the stomach lining, but vitamin C is known to mitigate the bad effect of aspirin.

As far as the proline after a new bypass, it is only a theory that Lp(a) is probably used to strengthen a new bypass, and that proline might interfere. No one is studying this, and we have reports where proline did not cause any harm.

However, I would probably use an abundance of caution, just take vitamin C and lysine for the first 6 months to a year after a bypass operation..

The Tower Cardio-Ade product is just vitamin C and lysine - no proline, and is economical
https://inteligentvitaminc.com/zenstore ... ucts_id=35
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”