Shortness of Breath, will vitamin C help?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Shortness of Breath, will vitamin C help?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:15 am

Owen

My husband has had a heart attack, and stroke, & had a stent, 2000. In 2003 he had a triple bypass surgery, and has had shortness of breath since the operation, but it seems to be getting worse.

His medicine is: Plavix 75 mg., Lipitor 10 mg, Zedia 10 mg., and a fluid pill for high blood pressure. We were wondering if some of your medicine would take the place of the prescription drugs he is taking?

In general, do I think follow the Pauling approach will have better results? Yes.

I don't like most heart medications/drugs. From my knowledge and experience, they are likely to make his conditions worse. I guess the best synopsis might be contained in this paper:

http://www.internetwks.com/owen/handbook.html

At least 2 Plavix trials were stopped recently, because people were dying faster in the Plavix groups. I'd ask the doctor about that, and why he is still prescribing Plavix? (He'll probably say it is still better than the other alternatives) but the best alternative
is vitamin C.

One of the best sources of information about the relation between a lack of vitamin C and heart disease is a new book STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER by Cardiologist Thomas Levy, MD, http://www.livonbooks.com

There is also a 15-year-old DVD of Linus Pauling explaining why vitamin C and lysine,
in theory, can resolve cardiovascular disease. There are many many reports, and a few confirming studies, that support the Pauling/Rath theory, and you can learn more by reading this forum.

As far as specific questions and symptoms, we'd have to know more. Does he or did he smoke? Does he have dental (amalgam) mercury fillings, etc. But vitamin C is a common denominator, and following the advice in this forum is the logical first step, especially at least 500 mg ascorbic acid every 4 hours.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”